Tesla Cybertruck

On 13/12/2023 at 20:24, DocM said:

How boring, and utterly predictable. I like people who push technology and disrupt industries. Musk is one, but there have been others throughout history. Many of them had  personality and/or mental disorders, learn to live with it. 

You didn’t answer the question. 

• Haha 1

On 13/12/2023 at 21:59, adrynalyne said:

You didn’t answer the question. 

What's wrong with him talking all things positive? Everyone else just posts all things negative.

Go Tesla! Go Elon, Go Cybertruck!

I'm slightly bias as I own Tesla stock! 🤣I'm gonna hold it for 25 to 30 years.

On 13/12/2023 at 21:13, Warwagon said:

What's wrong with him talking all things positive? Everyone else just posts all things negative.

Go Tesla! Go Elon, Go Cybertruck!

I'm slightly bias as I own Tesla stock! 🤣I'm gonna hold it for 25 to 30 years.

No need to answer now that you invalidated yourself. 

Just remember: it’s the people who are working for Musk that are innovating, not him. 

On 13/12/2023 at 23:30, adrynalyne said:

No need to answer now that you invalidated yourself. 

Just remember: it’s the people who are working for Musk that are innovating, not him. 

Exactly.

If you call failing QA innovative (bad panel gaps, missing/falling off trim) then damn,

• Like 2

On 14/12/2023 at 04:53, DocM said:

It wasn't a serious question, it was a puerile insult. 

So are you gonna answer it or not?

On 14/12/2023 at 00:04, Matthew S. said:

Exactly.

If you call failing QA innovative (bad panel gaps, missing/falling off trim) then damn,

I think they innovate but they do so at the cost of quality and safety for sure. There seems to be a culture of cutting corners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/12/2023 at 09:24, adrynalyne said:

So are you gonna answer it or not?

So anyone who says positive things is sucking on Elon scrotum?

Personally it's refreshing to see DocM's positive posts in a sea of negativity.

On 14/12/2023 at 12:22, Warwagon said:

Everyone has their faults 🤣

• Haha 1

On 14/12/2023 at 17:22, Warwagon said:

Tricky with  mouth full of testicle sack

(I’m doing the noise it would make right now - giggling)

In fairness, I want to see Tesla succeed, the Cybertruck to me is two things: a gimmick for the press to jump all over, but also a bed for the technologies to be tested on. If he can get people to buy it, fair play - using early adopters as your testers and funding for what comes next isn’t new.

Dislike the guy as a human, but hey - if I were in the market for a car I would consider a Tesla.

On 14/12/2023 at 10:22, Warwagon said:

Only when they leave out both sides of a story. If you filter everything to only show positive things, you give an inaccurate picture. I have no respect for those that do it. 

Tesla confirmed they have over 2 million reservations.

They no longer need HFS (Hard Freaking Steel)  to be 2.5-3 mm thick , they can do with 1.4-1.8 mm and retain bullet resistance. 

Firearm tested using

Glock (9mm 115g),

H&K MP5 (9mm 115g),

M4 tactical shotgun (12g 00 buckshot), and

Thompson submachine gun (.45 ACP) 

On 19/12/2023 at 02:49, DocM said:

They no longer need HFS (Hard Freaking Steel)  to be 2.5-3 mm thick , they can do with 1.4-1.8 mm and retain bullet resistance. 

Firearm tested using

Glock (9mm 115g),

H&K MP5 (9mm 115g),

But the windows aren't bulletproof right?

image.png.52efae011297f16550a625688f515794.png

Edited by PmRd

On 19/12/2023 at 00:49, DocM said:

Firearm tested using

Glock (9mm 115g),

H&K MP5 (9mm 115g),

You are getting a little forgetful. This video is over several weeks old and the video you posted from Musk’s presentation several pages back showed clips of it. There is no new development here. 

I guess you are really excited about it being bulletproof. Good thing people don’t want to kill the occupants but instead their vehicle. 

• Like 3

On 19/12/2023 at 04:14, adrynalyne said:

You are getting a little forgetful. This video is over several weeks old and the video you posted from Musk’s presentation several pages back showed clips of it. There is no new development here. 

I guess you are really excited about it being bulletproof. Good thing people don’t want to kill the occupants but instead their vehicle. 

Info about the steel upgrade was published yesterday, Sandy Munro took a tour of their panel fabrication area and a lead engineer talked about it.

This new stronger steel could have implications for the Starship program, primarily for the recently announced Starship 2 upgrade. 

Long ad in the middle of the video, but it's at the beginning.

On 19/12/2023 at 09:44, DocM said:

Info about the steel upgrade was published yesterday, Sandy Munro took a tour of their panel fabrication area and a lead engineer talked about it.

This new stronger steel could have implications for the Starship program, primarily for the recently announced Starship 2 upgrade. 

So to confirm the list of all the weapons you said it still protects against, 7 hours ago, was a lie?

Instead of admitting that you lied, you just write another word salad of nothignness insetad.

Got it.

• Thanks 3

On 19/12/2023 at 10:41, DeathLace said:

So to confirm the list of all the weapons you said it still protects against, 7 hours ago, was a lie?

Instead of admitting that you lied, you just write another word salad of nothignness insetad.

Got it.

He was just looking for an excuse to talk about guns.

Nope. The weapons test video documented the weapons. 

Got it.

The weapons test was published \ December 1st, the factory tour December 18th. The applicable term is contemporaneous.

On 19/12/2023 at 07:44, DocM said:

They talked about the thickness of the steel in that video from weeks ago that you posted yesterday. Go watch it.

Edited by adrynalyne

On 19/12/2023 at 10:54, DocM said:

Nope. The weapons test video documented the weapons. 

The weapons test was published \ December 1st, the factory tour December 18th. The applicable term is contemporaneous.

The whole "bulletproof" thing is typical Elon Musk stupidity and people like you are eating it up, would you be man enough to be inside a cybertruck while somebody was firing at it with a glock? No you wouldn't, because even you know its ###### stupid.

Edited by PmRd
  • Haha 1

On 19/12/2023 at 11:08, PmRd said:

The whole "bulletproof" thing is typical Elon Musk stupidity and people like you are eating it up, would you be man enough to be inside a cybertruck while somebody was firing at it with a 9mm? No you wouldn't? Oh ok

Being able to withstand the 21,000 PSI impact of a .45 ACP is more a metaphor for how tough the load-bearing stainless steel skin of the vehicle is. 

What can withstand the bullet can also withstand most incidental damage to rhe metal of a truck/offb-road vehicle. Visually obvious when you see those bullets shatter.

Now add the optional skid plate to the underside.

On 19/12/2023 at 11:20, DocM said:

Being able to withstand the 21,000 PSI impact of a .45 ACP is more a metaphor for how tough the load-bearing stainless steel skin of the vehicle is. 

What can withstand the bullet can also withstand most incidental damage to rhe metal of a truck/offb-road vehicle. Visually obvious when you see those bullets shatter.

Now add the optional skid plate to the underside.

"Metaphor" lol... I think the word you're looking for is "analogy". I wish there was a "metaphor" that would make you realize that assault weapons shouldn't be sold to civilians but that's a whole other topic.

Edited by PmRd

But are the tires bulletproof?

Seems like those would be good targets if you were hellbent on disabling the truck and killing its occupants...

🤔

• Like 3

On 19/12/2023 at 02:49, DocM said:

Firearm tested using

Glock (9mm 115g),

H&K MP5 (9mm 115g),

The militias will love the cybertruck.