religion? fake? real?

DsnBehind    0
Most people don't just accept religion at face value, they examine it and ponder it and build their faith around thinking 'deeply' about the religion.

Really? I could think of many, many examples which prove the opposite.

But then if you can believe in aliens, why cant you believe in Allah who created this all in the first place? :blink:

Because there are so many religions, and they all think they're the "correct" one. This is a crappy analogy, but true:

On American Idol, all of those who audition believe they can sing.

Regarding religion, every faith believes it is the only valid one.

Edited by DsnBehind
TheElite    127

yeah, but there is only one correct one, that is Islam

scoult01    0
Religion = social control.

'nuff said. :sleep:

Truer word has never been spoken.

DsnBehind    0
yeah, but there is only one correct one, that is Islam

And you just made my point. :rolleyes:

It is amazing that you can't see it.

scoult01    0

Are we the product of some cosmic coincidence or is there a god, watching everything, you know with a plan for us and stuff. I dont know man, but it keeps me up at night.

What? I mean why are we out here in this canyon

Harsesis    2

Ooooo marx would say its an appratus to keep the bourgeoisie in power and the proletariat in a state of false class consciousness to stop the great communist revolution!

BananaMan    0

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but what the hell. I think this is one time where I can truly say with a clear conscience to suppress your opinions. They are not constructive. All they are doing is creating division within the forums. I swear, these threads should be banned, all it does is create a atheist/religion melee.

Do the forum and yourself a favour, and don't rant on about why christians are morons or why athiests are sinning evils. Just leave it be.

theyarecomingforyou    10,428

Religion is good as a moral basis for society, but nothing more. As science progresses it becomes more and more unlikely that a God exists, particularly not a Christian God. Notice that in recent years that as more and more people don't believe in religion that society's standards have dropped; it's a very interesting subject. It is the same with laws - laws were based upon a moral way of life; as laws now becomes token gestures and people with money can exploit them, it shows a reduction in morality and a decline in society. Laws and religion were designed to keep society in a managable state... as both decline, one will have to be re-emphasied - either a reinstation of religion (unlikely) or a dramatic reworking of the legal system.

TheElite    127
And you just made my point. :rolleyes:

It is amazing that you can't see it.

i am getting what you mean :D

but, other religions do not have what it takes to show the world they are right.

i know tons of Christian Missionaries who have converted, now... they are missionaries, so they would have to see some very strong stuff to convert. no?

TheElite    127
Religion is good as a moral basis for society, but nothing more. As science progresses it becomes more and more unlikely that a God exists, particularly not a Christian God.

hahahaha! i had to laugh there :laugh:

did you not that the quran has got scientific proof in it, 1400 years ago?

even some scientists take guidance from the quran.

the quran has facts in there 1400 years ago, that modern science is discovering now!

jkinzer    0
Religion is good as a moral basis for society, but nothing more. As science progresses it becomes more and more unlikely that a God exists, particularly not a Christian God. Notice that in recent years that as more and more people don't believe in religion that society's standards have dropped; it's a very interesting subject. It is the same with laws - laws were based upon a moral way of life; as laws now becomes token gestures and people with money can exploit them, it shows a reduction in morality and a decline in society. Laws and religion were designed to keep society in a managable state... as both decline, one will have to be re-emphasied - either a reinstation of religion (unlikely) or a dramatic reworking of the legal system.

I agree. I think that religion is a crutch.

jkinzer    0
hahahaha! i had to laugh there :laugh:

did you not that the quran has got scientific proof in it, 1400 years ago?

even some scientists take guidance from the quran.

the quran has facts in there 1400 years ago, that modern science is discovering now!

????? Like what?

Teaser    0
yeah, and that was the Big Bang

I think religion is the biggest pile of bullsh!t ever thought of. back in the old days, when people were dumb, people thought of religion and god to direct their stupid questions to

LOL, agreed

yea wat about the big bang theory, thats makes more sense than anything else dosnt it? :rolleyes:

like theres loads of stupid creatures on earth which have just evolved, surely it aint like sum bloke called god created it just to eat, take a sh*t and sleep!

tell me the point in snakes!?! useless basta*ds :sleep:

TheElite    127

the big bang is still a THEORY!

not been proven, and scientists say that it never will be!

CyberKewl    0

To me, I don't really believe in choosing a religion. I've been a free thinker all this while. I believe in doing good and that no matter whether you are in a religion or not, it is something that we all should be moving towards - helping others, the needy and so on. Being in a religion does not mean anything because it is entirely up to the person to do what he/she wants, whether that person wants to commit a crime or help the poor, it is their own prerogative.

A religion can be considered as a guide, but I don't think that anyone should strictly follow it because that would mean a lot of unnecessary restrictions. While I know that some religions have restrictions for good or moral purposes, people should be allowed to choose what they want to do, what they want to eat, wear, places to go to, etc.

Besides that, it is also very silly to say things like "oh my religion is better than yours" and not to mention downright childish.

I'm not saying that being a religion is a good or bad thing, it has its own pros and cons depending on how you see it and what you choose to do or follow when you are in a particular religion. For me, i'm going to be a free thinker for the rest of my life because I don't like to be "tied" down to doing things that I don't want/feel like doing.

I believe that just as long as you know the difference between what is right and wrong and do good in this world, whether you belong to any religion or not does not matter at all.

TheElite    127
it is something that we all should be moving towards - helping others, the needy and so on.

we Muslims have to do this anyway. :huh:

religion actually urges it more.

Teaser    0

yea, well religion is nothing but trouble! one of these days there will be a war over religion in our own countrys. illegal immigrants just keep coming and breading and causes more problems

xSammyx    0

ZAnwar, if you are a muslim, dont you ever again say that the only correct religion is Islam. Islam teaches us to have respect for all religions (all people of the book). Regardless of what you believe you have no right to say Islam is the correct religion. this is the problem, people that do not know any thing about religion usually reply to these types of threads, i am forced to step in before zanwar makes a fool out of himself and portrays a bad image of Islam.

I am a muslim and therefore i do believe in a higher power. for all of those who do not believe in such a force, i do respect all of you because we all have to find our own way. whether it is I who has found his way through Islam, or it is some one else who is living his life based ona different philosophy. ultimately we are all searching for the same truth.

thank you.

TheElite    127
yea, well religion is nothing but trouble! one of these days there will be a war over religion in our own countrys. illegal immigrants just keep coming and breading and causes more problems

wheres your proof of religion being bad? :huh:

where the hell does illegal immigrants come into religion? :wacko:

CyberKewl    0

My point is not about being obligated or forced to do things like helping others and so on, these things should come straight from the heart, no matter whether your religion asks you to or not because we are all here as humans and that we should help one another, especially those in need of our help - we should give them all the help that we can give them, to our utmost power.

TheElite    127
ZAnwar, if you are a muslim, dont you ever again say that the only correct religion is Islam. Islam teaches us to have respect for all religions (all people of the book). Regardless of what you believe you have no right to say Islam is the correct religion. this is the problem, people that do not know any thing about religion usually reply to these types of threads, i am forced to step in before zanwar makes a fool out of himself and portrays a bad image of Islam.

just because I call Islam the correct religion, dont mean that i dont respect them. Islam is the correct religion, if they all believe in God, fair play to em.

TheElite    127
My point is not about being obligated or forced to do things like helping others and so on, these things should come straight from the heart, no matter whether your religion asks you to or not because we are all here as humans and that we should help one another, especially those in need of our help - we should give them all the help that we can give them, to our utmost power.

i understand what you are sayin,

but as Muslims, we have been told to do so even if we dont want to.

xSammyx    0

Zanwar, you really do not understand Islam.

"just because I call Islam the correct religion, dont mean that i dont respect them. Islam is the correct religion, if they all believe in God, fair play to em."

There is no "correct" religion. why do you think that in the Quran it never says Islam is the correct religion? Islam teaches us that we all have the same god, regardless of whether we are Muslims or Christians.