religion? fake? real?

Teaser    0

yea well muslims are always correct r'nt they, thats wat i get sick n fed up off

TheElite    127
There is no "correct" religion. why do you think that in the Quran it never says Islam is the correct religion? Islam teaches us that we all have the same god, regardless of whether we are Muslims or Christians.

if thats so, then why is it that we wont go to heaven, if we are not muslim. (ofcourse christians and jews from the era of the prophets will), but i am talking about now!

TheElite    127
yea well muslims are always correct r'nt they, thats wat i get sick n fed up off

why, because they always prove u wrong? :whistle:

aitf311    0

your intentions of this post...fake? real?

TheElite    127

hahahahaha! that is pretty funny!!!!! :laugh:

Teaser    0
why, because they always prove u wrong? :whistle:

no caz ur big headed little sh*ts!

ForkliftDude    0
There is no "correct" religion. why do you think that in the Quran it never says Islam is the correct religion? Islam teaches us that we all have the same god, regardless of whether we are Muslims or Christians.

the more it bothers me that some islam collegues of yours tend to see it in a different way. are both sides reading the same quran anyway? also, a bunch of posts above say that the quran tells'em to be nice and helpful, it also never said that women need to wear headscarves and so on. and why does the charia exist then anyway? strange stuff.

xSammyx    0

" no caz ur big headed little sh*ts! *

if you think all muslims are what you said then i suggest you keep your comments to yourself because they are not appreciated. even if you do not agree with my faith, you should have respect for it just as i have respect for you and every one else with their own ideology.

TheElite    127
a bunch of posts above say that the quran tells'em to be nice and helpful, it also never said that women need to wear headscarves and so on.

WTF???????? :blink: :huh: :rolleyes:

Surah an-Nur verse 31 reads:

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms, and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to God together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.

Surah al-Ahzab verse 59 reads:

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around them; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

TheElite    127

i dont know where you got, no mention about hijab in the quran from.

username    0

probably fake but the ideals and values are real, thats the part i like

i am catholic and we believe anyone can go to heaven reguardless of riligion or lack of one... if it exists

TheElite    127

heh, you are catholic but still aint sure if heaven exists. :rolleyes:

glazzz    0

em, doens't the quran also state that its ok to "lightly beat" your wife if she angers you?

S.MULLA    8
em, doens't the quran also state that its ok to "lightly beat" your wife if she angers you?

:pinch: :sleep: ok this is getting out of hand..from a religion debate to a islam vs rest of the world..

As muslims we know the truth.. "the real purpose of life" etc.. but it is very difficult to teach it to non-muslims becuase of the arrogance... ;)

SunnyB    0

Every few thousand years there is a major change in religious beliefs.

The Sun, Moon

The Cat

Zeus, Herodite

Then came that nice Jewish boy.

What next? Damian Thorne?

At each level the current believers can easily see the ignorance of the previous believers

and denounce them as heretics or idolaters even though the objects of their worship are just as

unbelievable. What will humans worship in 1000 years. Will we pay homage to nuclear fission?

Will a quark become our saviour? They are as elusive as our present day gods or deities and

almost as impossible to prove.

Agnosticism is the future. The belief that there is no ultimate, supreme being or god and that we

are just microbes on an ant hill in Africa. It is much more plausible and easier on the psyche.

No matter what you do, no matter how good or bad you are, you will ultimately end up being

food for another generation of plant or animal life on this rock.

Moral: If it feels good, do it. If you can't pay the price, don't.

glazzz    0
:pinch:  :sleep: ok this is getting out of hand..from a religion debate to a islam vs rest of the world..

As muslims we know the truth.. "the real purpose of life" etc.. but it is very difficult to teach it to non-muslims becuase of the arrogance... ;)

Actually, my POV isn't anti-muslim, i'm just pointing out that all 3; the quran, the bible, and the torah are books written centuries ago, all with things like that in them, that may have been ok back then but are pretty outrageous now( i.e. "eye for an eye", the wife-beating thing, stoning people to death for being defiant.) I was raised as a christian but never really got into it, and i took a class on Islamic Civ. last fall so I'm not totally ignorant about the subject matter.

Personally I find it very hard to believe that books written by people who said God/Allah/Elvis told them what to write are valid. Did you ever play that "telephone" game as a kid where you start with one saying, and then whisper it around a circle? By the end, the message wasn't even close to what it was in the beginning. Even if organized religion was handed down from the wizard behind the curtain, it was still implemented in the way the person doing the authoring wanted as a social control, to try to make sure people didn't do bad things, if you're not scared of the law, maybe you'll be scared you'll catch a lightning bolt to the dome...

Also, when discoverers started to find things out about the world, they were called labelled lunatic/heretic/witch, and then now we use what they began to find even more...if you're trying to save your control over people, you can't have smarter people discovering things that debunk your little myths, now can you?

Anyway, if you choose to believe in religion, thats cool, if not thats cool too, this is just my opinion.

p.s. hey kettle,

As muslims we know the truth.. "the real purpose of life" etc.. but it is very difficult to teach it to non-muslims becuase of the arrogance...

love,

the pot

Solarix    0

SCREW RELIGION! i only belive in NEOWIN!

DsnBehind    0
i know tons of Christian Missionaries who have converted, now... they are missionaries, so they would have to see some very strong stuff to convert. no?

Or they're all very easily pleased.

nugg3t    0

religion created by the aliens...riiiggghhhtt. sure :rolleyes:

religion is just a story on paper. its a story in a book, thats all. anyone whos intelligent could of wrote that, n took advantage of the people who ever saw what was written, personnaly, i dont believe in religion. but thats me

Rell    1

Damnit, if you guys really wanna know about religion, then talk to someone in person about it, don't go arguing on a message board about it... :angry:

-}x0{-    0

religion is a crock....oh humans are all great and all powerful....yea well think about it this way. every other being on this earth has no religion. you dont see a dog walk around with a yarmulkah on or with a cross around its neck. you dont see a dolphin go to church and a spider label that fly he just ate a heretic because he didnt believe in christianity.

Rell    1
Damnit, if you guys really wanna know about religion, then talk to someone in person about it, don't go arguing on a message board about it... :angry:

To add onto that, I think religion is real, everyone is free to believe whatever they want ... don't go attacking someone just because they believe in something...

Just as I say about almost everything else people argue about... "To each his or her own."

:angry:

SkolVikings    60
religion is a crock....oh humans are all great and all powerful....yea well think about it this way. every other being on this earth has no religion.

You don't see dogs building computers and dolphins writing Shakespeare either.