MSN Messenger 6.2 OUT !

someone needs to make M$'s installer work with linux or make a new installer for it then we can see ho bad it really is

where do you come up with this? why dont you make one if your so unsatisfied with it? and if you cant, why not? you seem to be able to complain about whats already there

oh yea and msn Plus for 6.2 is out ;)
is there a "no-ads" patch been released for 6.2 yet ??

Yes, it is released by Messenger Plus!. Remember to refuse when prompted to choose if you don't want the sponsor programs.

QUOTE (mooodi @ Apr 22 2004, 17:46)

am surprised mess.be hasnt posted it yet..?

I feel so uninspired by this release that i decided to wait and not do it myself.

However, im sure someone will post it soon.

Cant believe they made a new version with this small amount of added features.. lets hope its just an internal one. However, i doubt it is.

They have zero1, in the 6.2 info section. They posted it a LONG time ago as well.

I would say this release should be called MSN 6.1.5!

Is there anyway to get that (online) tag behind every person away?

If what you're trying to say is Personalised Status [eg. {AWAY LOGO} Your Nickname (Online)], download Messenger Plus! Change your status to away and a window should pop up choose the Name Tag Suffix Field <-- not very sure of actual name, but anyway, it is an (optional) text beside the field. Look for it, and change it to "Online" or whatever you want it to be.

Cheers :D,

user_plex

If what you're trying to say is Personalised Status [eg. {AWAY LOGO} Your Nickname (Online)], download Messenger Plus! Change your status to away and a window should pop up choose the Name Tag Suffix Field <-- not very sure of actual name, but anyway, it is an (optional) text beside the field. Look for it, and change it to "Online" or whatever you want it to be.

Cheers :D,

user_plex

That's not what I mean :p

See attachment ;)

post-8-1082723797.jpg

The new web site had problems, so it was pulled while its fixed, apparently.

About people moaning, for crying out loud, animated display pictures was misinformation (from either neowin or mess.be) coming from deluxe display pictures in powerplus, a korean program: http://www.msnplus.co.kr/ that has been available since at least june 2003. crikey some people are complete ****wits. sorry if this has already been posted, cant be arsed reading 10 pages ;)

i just installed messenger plus. whats up with all the extraneous software that installs with it? i never had the option to not install all this crap. really annoying.

i just installed messenger plus. whats up with all the extraneous software that installs with it? i never had the option to not install all this crap. really annoying.

Yay. another idiot.... :rolleyes:

I made a pic for you so you can see where it is.

It is in red so you can see it

post-8-1082726122.gif

I wonder why MSN would remove it off their site though. LOL it was up saying 6.2 is available then it switched back to 6.1

hope it isn't the software itself...bug found perhaps ?