what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Agreed! As long as it doesn't crash every five minutes, then I'm happy :happy:

If XP crashes for you every 5 minutes, box it up, take it back to the shop and buy something you know how to use.

If XP crashes for you every 5 minutes, box it up, take it back to the shop and buy something you know how to use.

lol I didn't mean it like that, don't take things I say so literal!

Everyone who said something with XP in it, try thinking next time. Calling it XP Revolutions or XP2 would mean that everyone who has XP now is simply just one version behind. If the name isn't much different, why should the consumer think the product is much different? I'm sure Bill knows a little better than that.

I also don't think that it will have two letters. There are 676 ways to arrange any two letters in the english alphabet and each one of them is already tired thanks to Windows XP. It's old. XP is old.

Microsoft would not stick to the name Longhorn either. It's a codename and isn't very catchy. It doesn't even sound like an appealing desktop when you think of the animal it's named after ;):

longhorn.jpg

No.

To the guy who did the Red and Blue up there .. clever.. made me laugh :yes:

To the guy who said he's tired of the same product being called different things (and suggested 6.0) .. I agree 100% :yes:

Everyone else who tried to be funny: you're not; get over yourself.

Actually if you go by that it would be the 17th:

DOS 1.0 - 6.0

Windows 1.0 - 3.0

Windows 95

Windows NT

Windows 98

Windows 98SE

Windows 2000

Windows ME (or did 2k come out after?)

Windows XP

THEN Longhorn.

It is actually NT 6.0 (Windows NT), that is why oit would be # 6.

But I think they should do eitheir

Windows Longhorn

Windows 2006

Windows 6.0

Actually DOS isn't Windows, so don't count it as such.

I doubt it will be named Windows 2006, it is kind of lame. I expect it to follow of routes of having two letters to represent it like XP. Something like Windows RX (Revolutionary eXperience).

Damn I love that "RX" Title, sounds amazing actually!

I'd go with that (Y)

what about yellow, gold silver, and crystal?

They're the codenames for the service packs.

To the guy who did the Red and Blue up there .. clever.. made me laugh :yes:

Thankyou :)

Because Longborn is a stupid word made up by you.

This was only meant to be funny, but obviously you don't have a sense of humor. Sad for you! :crazy:

This was only meant to be funny, but obviously you don't have a sense of humor. Sad for you! :crazy:

For future reference when making a joke do your best to make it funny ;)

Maybe this is why they are taking so long to develop it. Not because it is hard or they are making it even more shiney, but because its so damn hard to think up a half decent name for it :p

TBH i wouldnt really mind what it was called too much, although windows RG sounds like the best so far :p :p