NeoRequest

Question

Thank you to StOrM from circlehosting.net for hosting the NeoRequest? Screenshots.

Warning: 56k users, this page will take a long time to load, but please be paitent. They are worth the wait.;);)

Current BETA testers:

Wing

Trefaes

Mark03

Sesh

Trix

Timsweb

Anaron

The_Decryptor

Lycan

Lardiop

Furby

+matt74441

Smokiethebandit

[John]

StOrM

Sorry guys, after talking with Chorpeac, we only need "0" more BETA testers, then thawillb> be it. So say if you want to BETA test!

Hey guys, well me and Chorpeac have been working really hard to try and get NeoRequest? into the big stages. We think its coming together, but its taking a while, we still have problems but at the moment its not looking too bad. Chorpeac has been constantly working on the c(even while working! Terrible.)And I, have just been doing tons of graphics and trying to all get them to fit together nicely and get the to become Transparent! Nast:devil:vil: But now we have been able to get to work and we have managed to get it to the stage where it all works and it looks good. So below are the Screenshots of NeoRequest?.

56k warning, these images are large, so they may take a while to load, be warned.[/i]d.NeoRequest? Login PagePage

Artistsworkdesk.jpg

Download link for all of the Screenshots if you cannot wait.

Edited by JMann

Good. (Y) Right, all current BETA testers are posted at the first page, there are only 6 more available places so please, if you want to BETA test post so me and Chorpeac know.

Right all 14 BETA testers should have PM's. Sorry about the second lot in a Quote box, damn PM system. :angry: As I said I will get back to you all as soon as possible.

If as many people read this, BETA testers I mean, could you all just say that you have recieved the PM sucessfully as I know. I get worried about these things. :D

Right, we have now closed the BETA testing employment. We have 15 people doing the full BETA testing of NeoRequest. These are all of our great BETA testers. Thank you. Also BETA testers, if anyone else on the team can just say they recieved the PM. We have just had StOrM contact me, he will also be joining that creates the full 15. Applications for BETA testing is now officially closed. But keep your ideas and comments coming.

Wing

Trefaes

Mark03

Sesh

Trix

Timsweb

Anaron

The_Decryptor

Lycan

Lardiop

Furby

+matt74441

Smokiethebandit

[John]

StOrM

Edited by JMann

Dear god guys, kinda my fault I suspect, my Bandwidth is now gone. hehe. :laugh: But hey, with such a huge number of people visiting this thread. Oh well, I will see what I can do about relocating the images and download file, but for now no screenshots sorry.

JMann :laugh:

OMFG IT ROCKS SO ORGANIZED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT ^_^

( its in caps because am so excited and i just cant hide it * sings * )

^ top tester meh ^ :D

cant wait to work with this baby :cool:

I'm wondering if it's possible (instead of having a complex site for request) to make NeoRequest some kind of topic tracker? Here's how I see it works..

When you make a new request, what it would do, is actually create a new thread on the forums (or a new post in a dedicated thread) listed as your NW username, but that thread/post would have been created from a template. Neorequest only need to handle the template form, and have a tracking database, which would report when new replies are made to the thread into your NeoRequest account. I know this sounds more complex, but the way I see it, it would actually require less work and save ressources.

On another note, I suggest you have some kind of pay-out field for those who'd like to offer a compensation for the work, could be anything from money to hosting, but would help to motivate some.

I also suggest that workdesk list previous works and enables users to rate and add a comment, in the style of ebay rating system. Thought, the artists must not be ranked, since it wouldn't be fair for everyone and would scare newer artists.

Anyway, if this sounds even only a tad interesting just PM me and I'll try to be more descriptive about what I mean and how it could be implemented.

I'm really looking forward to this, it has great potential :)

Keep it up!

I'm wondering if it's possible (instead of having a complex site for request) to make NeoRequest some kind of topic tracker? Here's how I see it works..

When you make a new request, what it would do, is actually create a new thread on the forums (or a new post in a dedicated thread) listed as your NW username, but that thread/post would have been created from a template. Neorequest only need to handle the template form, and have a tracking database, which would report when new replies are made to the thread into your NeoRequest account. I know this sounds more complex, but the way I see it, it would actually require less work and save ressources.

On another note, I suggest you have some kind of pay-out field for those who'd like to offer a compensation for the work, could be anything from money to hosting, but would help to motivate some.

I also suggest that workdesk list previous works and enables users to rate and add a comment, in the style of ebay rating system. Thought, the artists must not be ranked, since it wouldn't be fair for everyone and would scare newer artists.

Anyway, if this sounds even only a tad interesting just PM me and I'll try to be more descriptive about what I mean and how it could be implemented.

I'm really looking forward to this, it has great potential :)

Keep it up!

Thanks for the interesting input JBO. One thing that stands out as a potential addition to the system is the rating idea. I can see how that could be a nice gratifying feeling for an artist. Although, rating an artists work would imply a rating on the artist, since it is the artist's work. But nonetheless, it could come in handy.

The workdesk does already show all the completed work the person logged in has done, but it does not currently have the ability to lookup an artists work solely. To find an artists work at the moment, you would have to find a request an artist posted work for. This could be easily done though, but it would probably be better to be a search function, since the workdesk is not what that kind of information is intended for.

I think the compensation part is probably better left out of the system for now. I think this would have to be handled outside the application anyway.

Again, this is in beta stages, so there is a little room for movement. I want to get this out to you folks so you can give us some reaction from a live system. So you can see how it works. :)

Thanks for the interesting input JBO. One thing that stands out as a potential addition to the system is the rating idea. I can see how that could be a nice gratifying feeling for an artist. Although, rating an artists work would imply a rating on the artist, since it is the artist's work. But nonetheless, it could come in handy.

The workdesk does already show all the completed work the person logged in has done, but it does not currently have the ability to lookup an artists work solely. To find an artists work at the moment, you would have to find a request an artist posted work for. This could be easily done though, but it would probably be better to be a search function, since the workdesk is not what that kind of information is intended for.

I think the compensation part is probably better left out of the system for now. I think this would have to be handled outside the application anyway.

Again, this is in beta stages, so there is a little room for movement. I want to get this out to you folks so you can give us some reaction from a live system. So you can see how it works. :)

No problem, as you can see, I'm very interested in this project.

One thing I should have been clearer about is the rating system. The way I'm seeing this is less of a rating than a feedback system. Only the people for which a work has been executed would have the option to comment on Quality/Rapidity of service. Something very simple like "Very courteous and all the guidelines were met! A++" could give a good idea on who you're planning to work with.

The compasention part was really only optional. I thought of it because lately I've been noticing more and more people offering 10-100$ for professional work. I know it could spell like potential disaster. People would be less likely to work for free if there is a majority of people offering something in return. But that brings another concept in, there could two category of work-type; Regular or Professional. Guidelines, that would help user identify what's reasonnable and what's not for a Regular project, could be set.

Another idea would be collaborative projects. I am thinking about websites right now, but I'm sure it could be applied to other projects. Let's say someone wants a moderate-to-large layout. Artists could team up to achieve the project; coding, branding and design could be splitted among team members. These team could be pre-defined or requester-choosen. Though this seem rather complex, this is a good way of keeping non-Professionnal, moderate-to-large projects, free.

Keep in mind these are only ideas I'm shooting up. I know some of these sounds a little way off what you had in mind, but these are features I see that could unleash the potential, and preparing for scalabality would be wise IMO. I am not aware of any website which has been purposely made to connect people who seeks design services and those who can provide it. That sound like a perfect oppotunity to set up one.