AMD OR INTEL?

167 members have voted

1. 1. AMD OR INTEL?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • I DONT CARE.

ya i guess the noise and the heat really doesnt make sense to argue about even though OEM vendors favor intel processors......and they always will

if AMD were so great they would have a larger share of things instead of power users who hate people/companies that make good things and always want to favor the under dog (linux, AMD) just so they can be named as a "power user" because they dont use what the majority of people use.

freeza were u born a fool or did u just acquire it over the years?

0.13 microns are DESIGNED to use LESS POWER therefore this means LESS heat which brings down temperatures as well, get it?

Hence the fact a P4 will run @ about 20-30 whereas a Athlon XP will run @ about 40-50.

0.18 consumes a hell of a lot more power than 0.13 and if u dont believe me search on google.com or tomshardware and u will see :D

Originally posted by Nick_Jones

...I have a 1.4Ghz T-bird CPU with a standard Coolermaster HSF (cost me like ?10 and runs at 5400rpm), standard case (?40) with NO other fans, and the thing runs fine!...

Is English not your first language? Plus i edited so please re-read.

This is why these arguments go nowhere, because ppl like Freeza refuse to admit that AMD now actually make some quality products. Believe me i was an Intel fan up until the Athlon, but the performance (and the fact that its been socket462 the whole way, unlike the PPGA, socket 423, socket 428 line) changed me instantly.

Originally posted by freeza

ya i guess the noise and the heat really doesnt make sense to argue about even though OEM vendors favor intel processors......and they always will

if AMD were so great they would have a larger share of things instead of power users who hate people/companies that make good things and always want to favor the under dog (linux, AMD) just so they can be named as a "power user" because they dont use what the majority of people use.

Now that's just stupid, if P4's out benched XP's and cost half the price or less I'd be using a P4, regardless of what the general public uses.

its true thats the point

no need to flame me about it im just speaking the truth

which is why people diss compaq,hp

you arent a power user til you build your own system yada yada

regardless if 0.13 uses less power this is AMD we're talking about here

:)

i've never seen people get so heated (no pun intended) over a stupid processor argument...at the end of the day you will still have your crappy processors to complain about the next day when somethin goes wrong and you have to download 150 mb of via drivers :cheeky:

Lol u do make me laugh. Yeh course i sit in my room at home and everywhere i can on the internet i spread the word that i am a "power user" cos i have an athlon. What i actually do, is take the money i've saved, and use it to have a good time with my mates, which, judging by things, you can't have many of.

Imagine you were trying to take on a market like this where Intel have dominated for such a long time, personally i think AMD are doing a damn good job of it and the best of luck to them.

And OEMs dont stock Athlon PCs because Intel like to bend them over the counter and say they can't have P4s at a rediculously low price if they stock Athlons.

Statements like "you wanna be a power user" is getting trivial. Grow up.

Originally posted by PM5K

Now that's just stupid, if P4's out benched XP's and cost half the price or less I'd be using a P4, regardless of what the general public uses.

two jackpots in one night, you must be rich!

lol heh

I don't have a VIA Chipset cos they are crap so i won't be downloading 150meg of Via **** :p

I ain't getting overheated :) just think its annoying ppl don't recognise that AMD DO produce GOOD processors.

OEMs DO USE AMD u know

HP, Compaq, Packard Bell etc etc use Durons and Athlons etc and even Dell were gonna till M$ stamped on them :s

Originally posted by Nick_Jones

Lol u do make me laugh. Yeh course i sit in my room at home and everywhere i can on the internet i spread the word that i am a "power user" cos i have an athlon. What i actually do, is take the money i've saved, and use it to have a good time with my mates, which, judging by things, you can't have many of.

Imagine you were trying to take on a market like this where Intel have dominated for such a long time, personally i think AMD are doing a damn good job of it and the best of luck to them.

And OEMs dont stock Athlon PCs because Intel like to bend them over the counter and say they can't have P4s at a rediculously low price if they stock Athlons.

Statements like "you wanna be a power user" is getting trivial. Grow up.

yeah yeah yeah

same old story

i've still got a p3 and you've still got an athlon

calm down buddy

its true thats the point

no need to flame me about it im just speaking the truth

you arent a power user til you build your own system yada yada

regardless if 0.13 uses less power this is AMD we're talking about here

:)

i've never seen people get so heated (no pun intended) over a stupid processor argument...at the end of the day you will still have your crappy processors to complain about the next day when somethin goes wrong and you have to download 150 mb of via drivers :cheeky:

I've had my PC about 5months now. Number of days downtime? Zero. If you know how to build a PC, it will work, regardless of processor.

yeah yeah yeah

same old story

i've still got a p3 and you've still got an athlon

calm down buddy

Lol it ain't like im shouting, just stating my point :)

search through the forums and tell that to the countless numbers of people making threads asking whats wrong with their computer

it doesnt matter if you're a god at making computers

things have bugs and the way you build it wont make the bugs go away til you download things to fix it or bitch at the right people til they fix it

if building computers had anything to do with chipset problems you could just tell people to go get a philips screwdriver and flame them for not knowing how to tighten screws

Originally posted by creamhackered

lol heh

I don't have a VIA Chipset cos they are crap so i won't be downloading 150meg of Via **** :p

I ain't getting overheated :) just think its annoying ppl don't recognise that AMD DO produce GOOD processors.

OEMs DO USE AMD u know

HP, Compaq, Packard Bell etc etc use Durons and Athlons etc and even Dell were gonna till M$ stamped on them :s

Yeh none o that VIA sh*te for us innit cream

search through the forums and tell that to the countless numbers of people making threads asking whats wrong with their computer

it doesnt matter if you're a god at making computers

things have bugs and the way you build it wont make the bugs go away til you download things to fix it or bitch at the right people til they fix it

if building computers had anything to do with chipset problems you could just tell people to go get a philips screwdriver and flame them for not knowing how to tighten screws

OK, point taken, but its mostly the VIA chipsets who the problems are with. And quite a lot of the time those problems are operator error :cheeky:

Nope, people diss them because they make inferrior products, an example was the guy the other day that had a prebuilt P4 1.5GHZ with 128mb SDRAM and a GeForce 2 MX 200, they put together crap like that.

They also leave out things like a real BIOS, voltage control, fsb and multiplier manipulation, fans, restore cd's, thermal sensors, etc.

Not to mention all the OEM crap they put on your copy of Windows.

Originally posted by creamhackered

lol heh

OEMs DO USE AMD u know

yes but notice how the durons (low end processors so i guess they dont count) and athlons are used in their low end systems...if you go with a $2000 system from an oem vendor its most likely going to be a p4

who cares if intel doesnt like them selling amd procesosrs,,,,they know the majority of the public wont want to get one

and even so....they're so superior to intel so why would any oem vendor listen to the bitching of an inferior company?

hell microsoft knows it ....

I've had my P3 1 GHz now. Downtime? zero too! and it has an uptime of almost 5 weeks now! Its a laptop processsor too? Have you seen anybody with 5 weeks uptime laptop? No...

heh the athlon "4" another coincidence? i dont think so

it'd burn your lap off if you were to use it for more than 1 hour

we can have a calm discussion about how much you want to believe AMD is the god of all processors

**** im glad they're around to keep the price war but other than that they're another Sega who will die with the rest of them in due time.

i dont think anything anybody says in this thread will change anybodies mind about what they like so its all in fun...dont take it too seriously.

yes but notice how the durons (low end processors so i guess they dont count) and athlons are used in their low end systems...if you go with a $2000 system from an oem vendor its most likely going to be a p4

Lol come on freeza m8 thats a bit stupid, you know they're cheaper (who says low-end?) just cos the processors are cheaper.

hell microsoft knows it ....

i've got magazines with adverts for WinXP saying "Optimised for AthlonXP" and then a bunch of benchmark tests on the page (yes it was an M$ ad) :roll:

Originally posted by PM5K

Nope, people diss them because they make inferrior products, an example was the guy the other day that had a prebuilt P4 1.5GHZ with 128mb SDRAM and a GeForce 2 MX 200, they put together crap like that.

So true, i was round at my mate's house the other day formatting his P4 1.5Ghz (256Mb RDRAM) and when WinXP was installed, it didn't run that much better than b4. I was like "wtf?! what's wrong?". After a lil investigation i found out that it had a 5400rpm HD with a 9.9ms access time in there, which slows Windows down a hell of a lot (cream'll back me up on that one). Course he has a 17'' LCD connected via DVI to his GeForce3 but still.....lol *jealous*

Originally posted by AMDTBurnt

I've had my P3 1 GHz now. Downtime? zero too! and it has an uptime of almost 5 weeks now! Its a laptop processsor too? Have you seen anybody with 5 weeks uptime laptop? No...

no, i have seen 3 weeks...

but uhh... i have also seen an overclocked athlon run win2k for about 3 and a half months... is that okay?

when you get done buying all the crap to make your computer actually run reliably (heatsink with a strange name to make it sound cool even tho its really just a heatsink,fan with the same namnig scheme to make it sound real great,thermal paste or whatever,more fans, sacrifice your room for an air lock so you cant listen to music in peace unless you have headphones or just blast it) it'll equal out to be the same as a quiet well made pentium 4

Your retarded, Heatsinks make a huge difference on temperatures, god, check any site www.ipkonfig.com, www.amdmb.com

Different heatsinks are completely different, a stock heatsink for a pentium 3 is plastic, with a 5 mm fan, my heatsink has a copperbase, and the main fins are all aluminum,.

Also, comparq/dell etc suck, because there motherboards are crap,and they leave out pretty much the entire BIOS.

Originally posted by AMDTBurnt

haha, by the time AMD gets to .13, Intel will already be like @ .10

AMD are almost there, check the roadmaps.

Do you know anything about AMD processors?!