AMD OR INTEL?

167 members have voted

1. 1. AMD OR INTEL?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • I DONT CARE.

Originally posted by Nick_Jones

Lol we woke faction with our ranting

Yes, and it showed me how dumb some of you INTEL Fans are.. Saying BS, when the truth is, they have probably never even used an AMD..

its low end because its low end....price doesnt have THAT much to do with it....the company in question does

sony isnt a low end company regardless of how low the price is on their stuff

but im pretty sure audiovox is :D

its the companies reputation that determins the quality of its products that and what they tell you themselves

everybody knows that the duron and celeron are low end low costing processors..they were designed to be that way

and im sure if you look at the most expensive computer of any oem vendor it will be an intel system....thats just because thats the way it is

now if you go with companies like emachines or any company advertising their system for $599 and lower of course they will bundle it with crappy hardware.

Originally posted by freeza

its low end because its low end....price doesnt have THAT much to do with it....the company in question does

sony isnt a low end company regardless of how low the price is on their stuff

but im pretty sure audiovox is :D

its the companies reputation that determins the quality of its products that and what they tell you themselves

everybody knows that the duron and celeron are low end low costing processors..they were designed to be that way

and im sure if you look at the most expensive computer of any oem vendor it will be an intel system....thats just because thats the way it is

now if you go with companies like emachines or any company advertising their system for $599 and lower of course they will bundle it with crappy hardware.

Duron and Celeron are low-end because they lack processing power, you were saying Athlon's were low-end just going by the fact that the Athlon systems were much cheaper.

And i was referring to a Dell not some sh*t like eMachines.

Mesh are a decent company who use quality components with their stuff. i was well impressed when a mate told me the system he was getting and the price and i was like "yeh i bet its got a sh*tty motherb.....oh its got Asus, nice." :)

If your buying from dell or compaq, it wouldnt even matter if its an ASUS< because they screw it up so much, my brothers compaq's BIOS.. it isnt even a BIOS.. its like "Compaq Utility", and there is NOTHING from normal BIOS there,just crap. You can imagine how hard it was to get an HD working with the thing.. No auto detect and stuff..

Did you even think about that statement ?

Of course if you look at an OEM vendor their most expensive system would be an Intel, because Intel processors run 2-3 times as much as AMD processors.

I really fail to see your point on that one.

AMD is better but yet not even half the people that own computers have one... thats the point ;)

thats all folks

AMD is better but yet not even half the people that own computers have one... thats the point ;)

thats all folks

Does it matter? AMD is better heheh, so who cares if other people are using a worse processor :) hehehehhehee.

But this is true.. for a very long time, brand name computers [crap] only sold Pentium processors with there computers, now companies are seeing that AMD's are better, hence the reason most servers sold by dell are AMD, and why compaq now uses Athlon XP's..

freeza,

the only reason more people dont own amd's is because most of the world r n00bs and buy from crappy companies. I say intel is for non-power users and amd is for power users. Most people in my class dont even know what AMD is. One of my friends didnt know what amd was until i checked his pc and it turned out he had an AMD processor. AND he thought he had a pentium. So there. AMD isnt popular in the n00b market.

I gotta hand it to Intel, they make an inferior product, charge two to three times more and sell their product to idiots who don't know any better.

Now that's a sound business plan.

to narrow it down even more.. the truth of the matter is 75% of people with computers DONT CARE what processor they have, as long as they can go chat with there AOL buddies, they could care less :ermm:

Originally posted by PM5K

I gotta hand it to Intel, they make an inferior product, charge two to three times more and sell their product to idiots who don't know any better.

Now that's a sound business plan.

DAMN RIGHT.

Originally posted by syscrash2k

freeza,

the only reason more people dont own amd's is because most of the world r n00bs and buy from crappy companies. I say intel is for non-power users and amd is for power users. Most people in my class dont even know what AMD is. One of my friends didnt know what amd was until i checked his pc and it turned out he had an AMD processor. AND he thought he had a pentium. So there. AMD isnt popular in the n00b market.

thanks ;)

point proven about the power user issue....very good

thanks ;)

point proven about the power user issue....very good

Yes, and that proves that people who KNOW what they are doing purchase AMD cpu's and people who DONT buy Intel.

lol man u guys are too funny

AMD beats off pentium 100000000000000 times

check this:

AMD Athlon ThunderBird 900 MHz = Pentium 4 1400 MHz

see it's a 500 MHz difference

AMD beats off pentium i'll never ever buy a pentium!

AMD Rocks man Buy and AMD and plus the $$$ are very different

P4 costs lot of $$ bcoze ppl know them and they buy them but not lot of ppl know AMD but Pentium is shi* compared to AMD!:D

Originally posted by PM5K

Yes, and that proves that people who KNOW what they are doing purchase AMD cpu's and people who DONT buy Intel.

Exactly My Point PM5K.

right..............lol

uhhh... freeza, i dont wanna start a flmewar or anyting, but ur contradicting urself. LOL

Man you all, I have all the AMD processors (except for the AthlonXP/MP and the K5) I have a 233 K6 (which suxs) a K6-2 500 (kinda OKish, didn't like the slowmo L2 cache) the 700 MHz Duron (not bad), 1 GHz Athlon (Stupid POS), and 1.33 GHz Athlon (Broke in 3 months), and the 1.4 GHz Athlon (gave it to my uncle because stupid mobo and gfx broke and couldn't afford new ones. In fact besides this P3 laptop, I don't have any Intel processors. But I am AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This little P3 packs so much power!

P3 1 GHz

256 MB PC133 SDRAM

20 GB HDD

ATI Mobility Raedon (16 MB DDR)

4/4/24/6 CD-R/DVD combo drive

14.1" LCD Screen

for only $900 about a month ago

Originally posted by Keldyn

I think freeza was exercising sarcasm there..... lol:ponder:

sure he is keldyn, sure he is.:roll: