Hahaa, ever try soloing a mob as a Priest? Or any other class that uses Cloth armor and has crap for offense? Discouraged isn't the word for that lol

Hahaa, ever try soloing a mob as a Priest? Or any other class that uses Cloth armor and has crap for offense? Discouraged isn't the word for that lol

585222911[/snapback]

I'm a mage. Don't tell me about soloing anything :) I have lower armor AND lower hitpoints than you, and I can't heal either. It's discouraging sure, but if you do it for a while it pays off in the long run, at least if you want to level up quickly.

Yes but as a mage you get much better offensive spells. My best offensive spell does 150 damage?!??!

585222964[/snapback]

What level are you? My friend is a shadow priest and can deal out more damage than me! He also has some neat tricks where, every time he kills a mob, his spirit raises like 100 points so he regens mana really fast...

It depends entirely on what you spec your priest in though... you can be a damage dealer or you can be a healer. Everything has a benefit and disadvantage. That, and preists are ALWAYS needed for instancing... mages don't get invited nearly as often :)

I'm only level 24, and every talent point I've gotten has gone into Holy so far, though I may start putting into Shadow soon but at this point it would be kinda useless as it would be level 40 before I saw any real benifet.

I'm only level 24, and every talent point I've gotten has gone into Holy so far, though I may start putting into Shadow soon but at this point it would be kinda useless as it would be level 40 before I saw any real benifet.

585223039[/snapback]

At 24, I was dealing about the same amount of damage as you, maybe just a tad more... You just have to grit your teeth and grind. It's boring, but it'll work out better later on.

Grinding isn't a problem, doing quests with my clan is the problem. With them helping me with quests I lose the XP I would get doing it myself (impossible mostly) or with others my level. But I'm trying to get to their levels as quickly as possible and I've already caught up pretty good. Hell I'm nearly level 25, and the guy who pays for me to play is only level 26 :D

Cay ot Tyran said on the forums that they were limiting production to ensure that everyone who's already playing continues to get a good game experience (because of the server pops, and people crouding a few specific servers). Someone said that it was sold out at all the specilist stores, but the major department chains had lots in stock. It just luck of the draw. :(

Keep trying though, it's worth it. :yes:

One free month.

585206812[/snapback]

for the one free month do u need to enter in a credit card or a game card to activate. Because I was gonna use Game cards because it would be much easier for me, but need to kno if I need one be 4 i get it.

seems like such an awesome game. my brother got it and it looks just sooo good. Planning to make a Dwarf Hunter.

Yes you need either a credit card or game card, if you use the credit card you get the free 30 days, I don't know how it works with a game card.

Damn this game is awesome.  I picked it up two weeks ago and I swear I haven't played a game for 8+ hour stints in a loooooooong time.

Right now I'm a Level 23 Dwarven Paladin... hail to Ironforge baby! :D  Character name is Itor on Dragonmaw realm.

I ran through my first instance yesterday too, the VanCleef/Deadmines one... it was crazy.  Nothing gets the blood pumping like going into a dangerous cave with 4 other good buddies with just each other to rely on for survival.  We had 3 pallys and 2 mages so we basically had triple the chances of being able to do a resurrection.  Whenever there were too many enemies, the mages just Polymorphed them and we sacked on the others :p.

It was still insanely tough though... I think we were a bit underleveled (22, 21, 21, 20, 18) so that's probably why.  There were so many elite bosses in there that we had to constantly pull and kill to get our way through it.  Plus when we first started there were only 4 of us... our 5th joined up towards the beginning so we had to fight our way out from the non-instanced part ... that was interesting heh.

The final area with the pirate ship took us like 1 and a half hours to get through.  There were multiple times where everyone but one pally died so the last pally would just high tail it into the water since the mobs wouldn't follow :p.  Amusing but frustrating at the same time.

Man, when we finally killed VanCleef 3 hours after we went into the Deadmines, we were an elated bunch.

It was still an awesome experience though :).  Bring on the next instance!

585206950[/snapback]

What are you using to show the damage being done by everyone else? Lower right corner of the screenies.

I feel excluded from games such as this. While I've never really enjoyed RPGs in the past, I simply don't have enough gaming time to get value from this game. I feel that with a subscription system such as this, they should at the very least make the game freely downloadable.

Bottom line being that with the amount of time I get to spend gaming, I'd probably end up paying between $5 and $10 per hour on this game, which is simply out of the question, and dare I say, retarded. It would be nice if they offered a system where you buy X amount of playtime rather than a subscription for the month.

A tip for all those having a hard time leveling... I have learned from the people in my guild, (many of whom are 60 now), the fastest way to level after level 20, is to grind straight on mobs. Just kill mob after mob after mob solo. You will level really quickly though since it's a very monotonous task to do, it will seem like it takes forever.

If you use Cosmos, you can see how much XP/hour you are grinding out, which is a good way to figure how long it's going to take you to level, doign what you're doing. My experience as a mage, at level 37 now, is to kill things 3 or 4 levels under me to maximize XP and minimize downtime. Granted I might be able to fine tune what I'm doing... but the money I make right now I'm pretty darned happy with, in addition to the daily grind. :)

I do quests solo as well, the xp you get from killing the mobs to get to your objectives only helps you. The only thing I party up for is instances, and the reason to do that is well... you'll die otherwise :D

And DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. Levels will come... and my guild being all over level 45... and me being the odd man out -- because I work so much and have so little time to play -- I always feel left out. But I am not concerned, because I'll hit 60 eventually... and then it won't matter much :)

585222881[/snapback]

Very true. I joined a guild over the xmas holiday where alot of the guys are lower lvl then myself. I just hit 43 about a day ago and I'm more then half way through that right now. I could be a lvl 60 but I enjoy doing the quests and not worrying about killing mob after mob in a constant killing spree. But at the same time I take the gf along with me so she can see some of the places she has not been to yet. She calls it trecking which is fine with me she enjoys it as do I. Lastnight we decided to goto the plaguelands (well ok I did) and she came with me talk about nuts 99% of the place is ?? lvl undead for me :) Good thing I'm a hunter with cheetah speed for groups hahaha

As for the guild most of them are low lvl like I said but I go and help them out with quests that I've already done. While it gains me no exp during that time I really do not care much. I like helping out my guild members as all of them are really fun to play with.

Very true.  I joined a guild over the xmas holiday where alot of the guys are lower lvl then myself.  I just hit 43 about a day ago and I'm more then half way through that right now.  I could be a lvl 60 but I enjoy doing the quests and not worrying about killing mob after mob in a constant killing spree.  But at the same time I take the gf along with me so she can see some of the places she has not been to yet.  She calls it trecking which is fine with me she enjoys it as do I.  Lastnight we decided to goto the plaguelands (well ok I did) and she came with me talk about nuts 99% of the place is ?? lvl undead for me :)  Good thing I'm a hunter with cheetah speed for groups hahaha

As for the guild most of them are low lvl like I said but I go and help them out with quests that I've already done.  While it gains me no exp during that time I really do not care much.  I like helping out my guild members as all of them are really fun to play with.

585230104[/snapback]

ah how sweet you protected her from the big mean ?? undead characters? lol

Well I'm up to 26, and about 40% to 27. I can't wait until I hit 29 and then 30. At 29 with all my talent points in Holy I get a sweet little spell. And at 30 I get 6 upgrade ranks for all my offensive spells and finally my party heal spell.

And btw, the sweet little spell I get in Holy, is Divine Retribution! When I die, a holy spirit comes and heals the party for like 400 plus another 385 over 10 secs. Tee hee.

Ok, what i don't understand is everyone talks about what each level does and details about everything from damage of spells to armor and all that stuff. How do you people know all of this! lol. I've been playing this game for a month now and i am amazed at how everyone knows so much information about the game. I still feel lost in some ways, i know i have alot to learn. I just got the WoW strategy guide for christmas so i'll have to read it thorougly. I'm a level 16 Night Elf Druid. Not very high but i'm getting there.

Ok, what i don't understand is everyone talks about what each level does and details about everything from damage of spells to armor and all that stuff. How do you people know all of this! lol. I've been playing this game for a month now and i am amazed at how everyone knows so much information about the game. I still feel lost in some ways, i know i have alot to learn. I just got the WoW strategy guide for christmas so i'll have to read it thorougly. I'm a level 16 Night Elf Druid. Not very high but i'm getting there.

585230640[/snapback]

if you go to your spell trainer and look at the list of unavailable spells you'll see what you have to look forward to at every 2nd level. so you can tell what you'll get at level 18 and 20 in your case.

585230640[/snapback]

http://www.goblinworkshop.com/ :)

if you go to your spell trainer and look at the list of unavailable spells you'll see what you have to look forward to at every 2nd level. so you can tell what you'll get at level 18 and 20 in your case.

Oh yea! I haven't gone to see my trainer for a while now lol. I forgot :blush:

I'll have to check that out when i get home, I'm at work right now and it blocks that webpage.

What are you using to show the damage being done by everyone else?  Lower right corner of the screenies.

585227737[/snapback]

I just pulled out the combat window. If you hover over your general chat window, you'll see the combat window as a tab. Just click on it and pull it out.

By default it only displays the damage you do though but there are settings within it if you right click to toggle what it displays.

ah how sweet you protected her from the big mean ?? undead characters? lol

585230123[/snapback]

No she still ended up dead :) She just likes to come along. Dead or not when she comes it's free exp for her to discover new places.