why are people hating the shuffle and mini?

I'm tired of arguing with you guys, if somebody is dumb enough to buy a shuffle, then they deserve what they get.  Dont bitch and whine about it later though.

585353190[/snapback]

They won't bitch and whine about it later, they will gloat about how much better it is and how it has changed their lives listening to music on random... :rolleyes:

Someone want to explain this?

m_shufflesandisk.jpg

http://davesipaq.com/articles/iPOD_Shuffle...disk_MP3/3.html

585353412[/snapback]

:yes:

So am I getting this right?? No one is against the Mac Mini?

come on... there's gotta be a con...(reasonable arguements...not the "it's overrated" crap... tell me why) :ninja:

585353438[/snapback]

why would anyone have anything against the macmini? its small and cheap, u cant expect too much, its only 499.... looks awesome too

So am I getting this right?? No one is against the Mac Mini?

come on... there's gotta be a con...(reasonable arguements...not the "it's overrated" crap... tell me why) :ninja:

585353438[/snapback]

I was just now at the Apple store here in Des Moines and the Mac Mini is bad ass, I was messing around with it for about 5min and performance wise its great not to mention the great look of it.

just wondering why alot of people are complaining about the ipod shuffle and mac mini

ipod shuffle: finally, a USB mp3 player, if i had known that this was coming i wouldve bought it instead of my ipod mini

mac mini: cheapest mac ever, good solid power, u get to pick your own stuff (keyboard, screen, mouse, and speakers)

WAHTS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

585298081[/snapback]

First the IPod Shuffle is a terrbile eal, it's ugly, has low capacity, no screen and some of it's competitos beat it on features at a far lower price, it's an attempt to shaft dumb costumers with the IPod name

As for the Mini... well for starters it's a Mac, then there's teh fact that you get a grossly underpowered device for a hefty (for what you get) price tag, then you have to add everything else at your own expense.

So both are abysmal products which are also terrible deals based purely on marketing

BTW this thread is a flamefest, but I stand by what i just posted simply because i know it's true

As for the Mini... well for starters it's a Mac, then there's teh fact that you get a grossly underpowered device for a hefty (for what you get) price tag, then you have to add everything else at your own expense.

585353491[/snapback]

I'd hardly say it's "grossly underpowered" for the price when you compare it to other computers available in this form factor. Look back at page 9 of this thread. Someone posted a link to the Cappuccino computers, which are the closest thing in form factor to the Mac mini that I've seen. If you look at their web site, at first glance it appears that the systems start at about $419 or $469, depending on the model. But look closer, that price is JUST for the case and motherboard (and a driver CD, no operating system). No drives, no CPU, and no RAM. Like the Mac mini, they also don't include a monitor, keyboard, or mouse, but they are certainly no bargain.

585353491[/snapback]

grossly underpowered? it seems to be faster than the pc in your sig :whistle: :whistle:

and actually its not underpowered at all thats what makes it so good

Yeesh. I don't get people comparing it to stuff that costs less.... of course they fail to mention that it's 40 TIMES LARGER

585353585[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ninja:

m_shufflesandisk.jpg

585353412[/snapback]

Someone care to mention that that player is larger than the shuffle? Or that the only reason it's "cheaper" is because you can get it from vendors that put it on sale? No, I guess you forgot those points.

Oh, and the Mac mini is an extremely powerful machine for the money. Those Cappuccino machines are underpowered for the price and are nowhere near the elegance of the Mac mini. Nice try though. ;)

grossly underpowered? it seems to be faster than the pc in your sig  :whistle:  :whistle:

and actually its not underpowered at all thats what makes it so good

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :ninja:

585358926[/snapback]

You know, I didn't even pay attention to his sig till you pointed that out. That makes his comment all the more hilarious.

:laugh:

Oh, and the Mac mini is an extremely powerful machine for the money. Those Cappuccino machines are underpowered for the price and are nowhere near the elegance of the Mac mini. Nice try though. ;)

585359305[/snapback]

Check out my comments on the Cappuccino computers. For nearly the same price as a baseline mini, you only get the case and motherboard for the Cappuccino (no drives, no CPU, and no RAM). The fastest processor you can put in one is a P4 2.8Ghz (which I guess would be slightly faster than the Mac mini, but at what cost?). And people are saying the mini is a ripoff??????

Someone care to mention that that player is larger than the shuffle? Or that the only reason it's "cheaper" is because you can get it from vendors that put it on sale? No, I guess you forgot those points.

585359305[/snapback]

Sandisk:

2.96 x 1.28 x .82

1.0 ounce w/o battery

1.4 ounces w/ battery

15 hours

Shuffle:

3.3 x 0.98 x 0.33

.78 ounces

12 hours

The sandisk is shorter, but fatter. Roughly .6 ounces heavier....imo .6 worthy ounces of additional features...especially considering the battery life is longer even with the indigo lcd...

Does anybody else think that as thin as the shuffle is, it seems like it would snap if sat on?

Do I care why its cheaper? not at all.

Edited by leedogg

grossly underpowered? it seems to be faster than the pc in your sig  :whistle:  :whistle:

585358926[/snapback]

Its still performs more instruction per clock cycle than your brain, judging by what ive seen from you as a member here since you've joined

Its still performs more instruction per clock cycle than your brain, judging by what ive seen from you as a member here since you've joined

585362140[/snapback]

I dont like deliberately bashing other members, but i agree that i havn't seen a useful post from ph3412t3h13 yet.

I also challenge anyone to fine a post or thread topic that he has created that contains a single capital letter. Im beginning to think his shift and caps lock are broken off :whistle:

I think this just goes to show that not all of Steve Job's table scraps are golden.

585298230[/snapback]

Table scrap ? Nice! I didnt know that mods could troll too. :whistle:

Heh, it's funny you guys are arguing over this. Fact is, Apple got it right. The shuffle is selling like mad. They don't care what the techie minority thinks about the player (meaning Leedogg and other haters). They care about what the average public thinks.

585349546[/snapback]

lol, True. Some people falsely assume that majority of Neowinian opinions = final word of the public. If that was the case, we'd have had a different president by now. :D

First of all, do you have an iPod Shuffle? Do you use it while you run and exercise? I am guessing that most of the fu*king computer-addicts on here do not 'work out' or run regularly at all. You are spending so much time on your PC that you simply do not care to do those healthy activities.

585351271[/snapback]

Another example of a self-centered person? If you sit all day infront of the computer doesnt mean we do the same. Try to go out more from now on ;)

m_shufflesandisk.jpg

585353412[/snapback]

I already posted that along with the fact that the Sandisk MP3 player died on me in a span of a month. The toggle switch has a tendency to come off lose.

I dont like deliberately bashing other members, but i agree that i havn't seen a useful post from ph3412t3h13 yet.

I also challenge anyone to fine a post or thread topic that he has created that contains a single capital letter. Im beginning to think his shift and caps lock are broken off  :whistle:

585362517[/snapback]

so let me get this straight

u geeks come over her on my topics just to say it is a pointless topic?

take a look at all the other topics that other people make!! are my topics really all that bad in comparison???

for gods sake get a life u tards

exactly

a 12 page "pointless topic"

riiiiiiight.

585364158[/snapback]

yep

thats what they said about my topic "god?: in the poll section...

lets just see how many pages that has shall we....

yep

thats what they said about my topic "god?: in the poll section...

lets just see how many pages that has shall we....

585364166[/snapback]

So the more pages the thread has the smarter you look like to all the members on neowin, uh i dont think so.

So the more pages the thread has the smarter you look like to all the members on neowin, uh i dont think so.

585364173[/snapback]

sigh...

another one

let me ask you something ripgut and to all the poeple out there who bitch at me:

why

do

you

give

a

****?

you complain about me wasting space and making pointless topics when u take out your own time just to bitch at me!

perhaps it is not i who is the loser here...

now what i expect people to comment on taht as well i guess

the internet is a place where u can do and say almost anything

this is basically my impression of u guys who bitch at me:

someone posts a topic enitiled: New mac released OMG!!!!!

and then u say: whoa... tone down the caps loser, another pointless topic, ur wasting 1 inch of my 40 inch screen, do u realize that my life revolves around this forum and that u are basically wasting my life?, haha! now i get a chance to bitch pointlessly again! what fun!

*sigh*...another one.

let me ask you something ripgut and to all the poeple out there who bitch at me: why do you give a ****?

you complain about me wasting space and making pointless topics when u take out your own time just to bitch at me!

perhaps it is not i who is the loser here...now what i expect people to comment on taht as well i guess the internet is a place where u can do and say almost anything

this is basically my impression of u guys who bitch at me: someone posts a topic enitiled: New mac released OMG!!!!!

And then u say: whoa... tone down the caps loser, another pointless topic, ur wasting 1 inch of my 40 inch screen, do u realize that my life revolves around this forum and that u are basically wasting my life?, haha! now i get a chance to bitch pointlessly again! what fun!

585364268[/snapback]

There, all fixed for ya :)

So, ph3412t3h13 makes a perfectly valid comment in his own, quite useful thead, and ripgut decides it would be "cool" be a jackass and peddle his idiocy in the same thread? Oh, and quote flames are so lame it actually makes me pity you.