Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

Or better yet...rip off WinampCDs code that auto gets the cover from amazon if the cover doesnt exist

how can i do this?

I want that it take the cover album on the web

Edited by Smoke99

Well, what about it Barisko?  Would this work as well?  I kinda like this idea, although I foresee some size debates coming.

586045619[/snapback]

Well... I don't know. I personally like it much better when the window disappears when no cover is found. It?s just cleaner.

But I can understand when it?s to much trouble. To bad I can?t code myself. Maybe I should learn that :-)

What do other users think? (read: other users please reply? :-))

Barisko

PS. I still have the same problem with that bug that I posted. The change log says that it?s repaired but I?m still experiencing the same problem. Or is it just me?

I just found another bug. Play a song without a cover and have the cover art window open on AutoSize. Hit F5 to reload the skin and check out the cover art window. It's now 1px. Damn.

rip off WinampCDs code that auto gets the cover from amazon if the cover doesnt exist

I do believe he was joking, since currently this skin cannot do this. I'm trying to make it work, but we'll see. Your best bet right now if you want coverart from the web is to use the CD Case plugin.

I still have the same problem with that bug that I posted. The change log says that it?s repaired but I?m still experiencing the same problem. Or is it just me?

Really? It works fine for me. I set it on 2.5X and played a track with no cover, the window does not resize.

Really?  It works fine for me.  I set it on 2.5X and played a track with no cover, the window does not resize.

586045733[/snapback]

damn, what could be the problem? I tried deleting the complete skin and then downloading it again.

Can you tell me what you do so it works for you?

Or do I need the modded .dll file?

The modified gen_ml only changes the font and size of the ML buttons, nothing else, so that's not it.

I just set the coverart window at 2.5X like you did and played a track with no cover. The window can't resize because I completely removed the code for it. Try to download it again now, it should work.

love this skin.....made me change from mmd3 :o

just one request....would it be possible to make the config window resizeable as well as add the slider options to it?

Just wondering why you'd want the config window larger? Seems like everything fits well to me. About the slider options, not sure I know what you mean.

axia...

I think it would be a useful -tho minor- addition to your skin by adding which version it is. (i.e i want to see which version of clearONE when i browse my skins in WA>PREF>SKINS).

leedogg, you'll be glad to know that the PL shademode window will now expand vertically if you use the second button from the right.  (The old-style is still available by double-clicking the top of the window).

:)

586020817[/snapback]

:cool: just saw this now. You da man!

The version Sky? It's beta dude, ain't got no version yet. :) Though I soon will be adding an About window and perhaps a screenshot for Prefs -> Modern Skins -> Current Skin.

I'm still messing with the AutoSize bug, can't get it to work like I want. Gah!

You can now adjust the vertical size of the config window shiznitaw. Is this what you wanted?

I keep my files organized in album folders with a folder.jpg in each one, so I'm indifferent about this issue to change the skin for a no cover art--non display fix. But I'm sure not everyone is as anal as I am in keeping my music organized like that. :D :unsure:

Edited by TrueBrother

I'm with you True. I also like to make my own covers since most of the original ones look like ****. I don't want some crappy looking cover on MY desktop, know what I mean? I find that the thumbnails on deviantart make some pretty good covers sometimes. A little crop here and there in Photoshop and I end with something that looks ten times better than the original. I don't who these bands are getting to do their covers, but some of them really suck.

But, in order to make everyone happy, I'm still gonna try to make the web covers a possibility. So Smoke, like I said a few posts ago, you're still better off right now using a plugin.

I'm still messing with the AutoSize bug, can't get it to work like I want.  Gah!

586047722[/snapback]

just to let you know: now I'm not experiencing the bug anymore either

keep up with the good work!!

Hi axialix,

I've got two more suggestions for the cover window:

1. If you play a album, most of the time all the files are in the same folder. So if the song changes (within the same album) the cover stays the same. So maybe it you can add 2 lines of script to check if the directory path has changed. This way the cover does not change unnecessary (from and to the same cover). Off course this does not change much, but it looks better if the window does not ?flash? on a song change.

2. Another suggestion to prevent the cover window from ?flashing? when the cover changes. (don?t know if it helps, just a suggestion) It looks like the cover windows first loads the cover and then resizes it to the size set by the user. But if you first resize the cover and then display it in the window the transmission is less annoying.

(if you don?t understand what I mean by ?the cover window flashes? please say so. I?ll try to explain it better)

I?m interested in you reaction on this. Like to hear from you soon.

Barisko

Ok, I removed the flashes and resizing effects. This really is much better. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Barisko!

<edit> Also got the Coverart AutoSize bug fixed. Woohoo! </edit>

Edited by axialix

YtseJam made a suggestion a long time ago that I increase the size of the notifier coverart. Well, I'm just getting around to doing that now, so please check it out and let me know what you think. One possibility for the future is making it an option, but right now that would be a pretty large headache. :pinch:

But, in order to make everyone happy, I'm still gonna try to make the web covers a possibility.  So Smoke, like I said a few posts ago, you're still better off right now using a plugin.

586048204[/snapback]

What plugins can you use for that? I'd love that functionality!