[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

Tommrow is going to be like christmas day for me, when i get up I hope to find a cornicopia of information on Nintendo's next game system. I really like that pic Gamenews has posted, fake or not, I sure as hell wouldn't mind having that sexy bitch near my tv anytime.

It'll be really interesting to see what Nintendo can pull out of their hats on this one, but I think they've got everyones hopes high on this one.

I saw the Xbox 360 thing, what a great hour of entertainment! Seriously it was provocative, I hate Xbox now but while was watching it all I kept thinking was "now if only it was innovative and had Nintendo on board".

Happy Nintendo Information Eve everyone lets hope Santa is good to us.

Speaking of Nintendo...

Supposedly the new Zelda game for the Nintendo GameCube might be called "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

Does that sound realistic? :huh:

Oh god please, GOD NO DON'T LET THAT BE IT NOOOO *DIGS EYES OUT FURIOUSLY*

(I note I am a Nintendo fan, so don't tell me I can't dig my eyes out)

when i first saw it..i said..."that's it?"

but i guess looking at it, if it's REALLY small, i guess that could compensate for some of my design grievances.

If its as powerful as the 360 or ps3, yet the size of a VHS tape than I guess that is pretty "revolutionary".

Unfortunately its small size looks more like a Pinto than a Porsche. I'm also disappointed its not a Mario head where you put the disc in his mouth or the Princess where you can put it in her...well you get the idea.

If its as powerful as the 360 or ps3, yet the size of a VHS tape than I guess that is pretty "revolutionary".

585932446[/snapback]

Who stated it is as powerfull? It never intended to be as powerfull as PS3/X-box 360. Nintendo have said that tha race for horsepower is no more. Graphics is good as they are, we need more than only that.

Looking forward to see how Revolution is played.

Who stated it is as powerfull? It never intended to be as powerfull as PS3/X-box 360. Nintendo have said that tha race for horsepower is no more. Graphics is good as they are, we need more than only that.

585932450[/snapback]

i just saw this at IGN:

Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet. Nintendo cited such examples as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine, which suggests that Revolutionaries could have access to games for all the publisher's previous consoles.

that....will....be.....AWESOME

-bYtE,May 17 2005, 04:02]Who stated it is as powerfull? It never intended to be as powerfull as PS3/X-box 360. Nintendo have said that tha race for horsepower is no more. Graphics is good as they are, we need more than only that.

585932450[/snapback]

Nobody, which is why I used the word 'if'. IF!!! Gameplay is obviously most important but without superior or on-par graphics with Microsoft and Sony, launch sales are going to...well, not launch for Nintendo.

Nobody, which is why I used the word 'if'.  IF!!!  Gameplay is obviously most important but without superior or on-par graphics with Microsoft and Sony, launch sales are going to...well, not launch for Nintendo.

585932460[/snapback]

The graphics will be good enough... Just look what GC can do with the new Zelda game. Rumors has it that Revolution is about 2-3 times faster than the GC. But We'll see in a few hours.

If people decide for a console purely because of graphics then so be it.

The graphics will be good enough...  Just look what GC can do with the new Zelda game. Rumors has it that Revolution is about 2-3 times faster than the GC. But We'll see in a few hours.

If people decide for a console purely because of graphics then so be it.

585932469[/snapback]

For someone who has a Gordon Freeman avatar I'd think you would have more appreciation toward the future of graphic design.

For someone who has a Gordon Freeman avatar I'd think you would have more appreciation toward the future of graphic design.

585932538[/snapback]

Judging me because of my avatar are we? :happy:

What have HL to do with this anyway? I like the story of Half Life... graphics doesn't matter much for me. Personally I think HL1 is better than HL2 but enough about that.

I apppriciate a game with good gameplay and a compellig storyline. Graphics comes last for me. Hopefully the majority of people will learn that graphics soon will not matter much compared to gameplay and story.

that image looks nice.

I mean they did say it's the size of 3 cd boxes (i think)

Just think of the Mac Mini, people didn't go, OH NO! It's small and ugly!

If they release a gloss white one, i'm getting it.

I'm sure they will, but I hope they release it at the beginning, or else I'll be waiting.

-bYtE,May 17 2005, 13:05]Judging me because of my avatar are we?  :happy:

What have HL to do with this anyway? I like the story of Half Life... graphics doesn't matter much for me. Personally I think HL1 is better than HL2 but enough about that.

I apppriciate a game with good gameplay and a compellig storyline. Graphics comes last for me. Hopefully the majority of people will learn that graphics soon will not matter much compared to gameplay and story.

585932602[/snapback]

amen brother. I have a PS2 and ditched nintendo after the super NES. However, this round I'm heading back to nintendo. Why? because I miss the FUN games. Sure xbox and PS have some nice games and they're "pretty" ... but I miss mario, link, and the gang.

I'm hoping the revolution is indeed a revolution ... if not ... it may be stricly PC for me after 2005.

edit for grammor

what will the relatively low power mean for third part support? surely programmers don't want to make games for the revolution when the xbox360 and ps3 are much more powerful. of course, i presuming a lot. if it's that revolutionary, it'll be more than just a ps3 but less powerful and could attract support for other reasons..

I guess we are going to have to wait 3 more hours to see if this is true about downloading games and if that is a picture of the console. Does anyone know if Reggie is doing their presentation? If so besides revealing the console a few people are going to have their @sses kicked.

post-4044-1116336739.jpg

Actually it looks more and more like it is going to be the console: USA Today

(information about E3)...With its front-loading slot for discs, it will play games on full-size DVDs as well as older GameCube games on mini-DVDs. Like Xbox and PlayStation 2, it will play DVD movies.

Nintendo, which mostly ignored the Net with GameCube, also is catching up with the online wave. Revolution will offer broadband access to a free Internet-based player matching service, similar to Xbox Live, that also will have downloadable versions of nearly every Nintendo game ? from arcade classic Donkey Kong through current titles such as Mario Sunshine. (Nintendo hasn't decided whether downloading will be free.)

Xbox spokesmen have pointed out that 360's specifications are 10 to 13 times more powerful than those of the original Xbox; Sony said Monday that the processor in Play-Station 3, which will come in several colors and be out next spring, will be 35 times more powerful than the PS2 processor.

Nintendo makes more modest claims that Revolution is two or three times more powerful than GameCube. "It's not all about having 'turbo power,' " Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan says. "It's about what you do with it."

Analyst Richard Doherty of The Envisioneering Group says one of Revolution's chief advantages is that designers will find it far easier to create games for Revolution than for competing systems. "They do not need to make major changes from the games they were designing," he says. "They have better performance without having to do a lot of extra work."

Says Kaplan: "We've built Revolution around the concept of 'all-access gaming,' " a term Nintendo uses to mean the system is easily adapted to by both gamers and designers. "We're about sticking to the soul of gaming."

Sweet, if this is true then the online service will be free. Some people were saying it wasn't going to be, but Nintendo's president at the GDC had said it would.

If they allow you to download their old games (even if it is for a small price), I will completely go against my philosophy of waiting a year to buy a new console and buy this on release day.

post-4044-1116337825.jpg

Anyone have a link of the broadcast ? What time is it on ?

585932955[/snapback]

12PM PST. I have no clue about the link to the broadcast.

Damn it........and I gotta head off to school. I'm so pumped about all this Revolution news, I mean vR would seriously be sweet! But yeah, if those shots are the console, vR or not......I'm buying one as soon as it hits the streets. Back in a few hours, I'll check in during our break this morning......I need to see some footage people!

Nintendo 4 Life!