[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

the revolution logo (with the discs) suggest to me that the only thing "revolutionary" might be that it takes 12cm discs aswell as GC ones... please let there be something else that's unthinkably cool.

585933141[/snapback]

It's probably going to be the controllers or the way Revolution games are viewed on the screen. There is a reason why they are not showing pictures of the controllers...

The console does look to be the best out of the three as of now, and I'm still waiting on the controller and the revolution that comes with it. So far so good! In terms of power, I think that it will still hold its own against the other two companies. Nw what time was that conference again? I want to see the controller and some video of their next games for the Revolution. Dare I dream, some footage of Zelda for Revolution would be extremely sweet, along with some Metroid footage! Wicked stuff!

looks interesting, zelda should b awesome on this pup :cool:

(still, they better release the new zelda on the gc and not push it on over to the revolution- it's why i bought my gc damnit! lol)

Its PORTABLE thats whats revolutionary.

Hence the holder for it and the low power mode. You can pick up your whole system take it to a buddies and play somehow. I think thats what they are leaning towards.

Nintendo's controllers are always good. People cry foul at the images of them, but once they're in your hands you realise that they pulled the trick of designing the most comfortable controller again.

Nintendo's controllers are always good. People cry foul at the images of them, but once they're in your hands you realise that they pulled the trick of designing the most comfortable controller again.

585933285[/snapback]

this man speaks the truth.

585933285[/snapback]

i dunno...

i thought the n64 controller was perfect, the gc one (at least for me) came nowhere near it's level of comfort and usability. (my big gripe was the c stik- why not just make is like a regular joystick? clunky = asstarted. next gripe would be the z button's position change- i like how it was like a trigger in goldeneye and other fps.)

Well it's certainly the best looking of them all, I'm wondering if it's going to have wireless connectivity for other Revolutions too, save networking them when taking to friends. Could just be a case of plug in the telly and go which would be amazing.

With regards to the specs at the end of the day, Sony's 'claimed' specs for the PS2 trounced the Gamecube, but look at the proof, there was nothing on there that the GC couldn't handle, and now we are seeing it on the other foot when the PS2 has tried to port  RE4. A game that I don't think I've seen anything better on any format in this generation of consoles.  :yes:

Let's just wait and see what Nintendo say they have to offer. Can't wait to see the new controller too. Just got a feeling it's gonna be the most jaw-dropping of the displays.  :woot:

585933143[/snapback]

I too am wondering about the specs. Nintendo's claimed specs have always been very low. With the gcn I think I remember them saying that they chose to claim polygon and effect numbers that launch titles will be pushing. They claimed 6-12 million pps for the console. Rogue Leader pushed 12 million on launch day and was able to look identical (in the multiplayer mode in the sequel) in a split screen mode a few years later. So hopefully nintendo is being conservative as always.

I think this is just brilliant - having the old library of games available as downloads, potentially. Whether it costs or not isn't the issue - imagine an aging gamer wanting to introduce his kids to the "golden era" of gaming with the NES version of Legend of Zelda and then popping over to the latest iteration for the Revolution? Amazing. What Super Monkey Ball was for the Gamecube, the entire legacy library will be for Revolution...

I think this is just brilliant - having the old library of games available as downloads, potentially.  Whether it costs or not isn't the issue - imagine an aging gamer wanting to introduce his kids to the "golden era" of gaming with the NES version of Legend of Zelda and then popping over to the latest iteration for the Revolution?  Amazing.  What Super Monkey Ball was for the Gamecube, the entire legacy library will be for Revolution...

585933365[/snapback]

that alone would make a decent system, i have a younger sister who has never played awesome games such as mario 3 or zelda 1, well some on emulation you get the point

585933285[/snapback]

No, Gamecube pad was horrible, the z trigger is in an awkward place.

I too am wondering about the specs.  Nintendo's claimed specs have always been very low.  With the gcn I think I remember them saying that they chose to claim polygon and effect numbers that launch titles will be pushing.  They claimed 6-12 million pps for the console.  Rogue Leader pushed 12 million on launch day and was able to look identical (in the multiplayer mode in the sequel) in a split screen mode a few years later.  So hopefully nintendo is being conservative as always.

585933329[/snapback]

o come on- the 64 was the most powerful system on the market (that is, until the Dreamcast came out, and the underpowered ps2.)

585933375[/snapback]

I agree, ever tried playing SSX (any version) or NBA Street (any version as well) on the Gamecube as opposed to the PS2? Damn near impossible not to accidentally reset your rider in SSX because of that Z button...

man these trailers have some crappy music, that one moto game looked cool though

585933343[/snapback]

what, there's revolution vids? can't find them :cry:

585933375[/snapback]

yeah, i don't know how anyone could ever even play a game with it

change your avatar, its over 30K

what, there's revolution vids? can't find them :cry:

585933398[/snapback]

I think he was referring to the PS3 vids and the moto game on there, which admittedly looked pretty amazing :)

If you could download and play old nes and snes games on the Revolution at a decent price I would crap my pants. In public.

You know what's horrible? PS3 gamepad.

585933384[/snapback]

how do you know that? Have your gotten to try it out yet? :blink: