[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

Profit doesn't mean much. These comanies don't care a whole lot about making money on the consoles at this point. They just want to have the most poular one. The numbers speak for themselves. Nintendo was 3rd in sales last round, ie: they lost.

585933525[/snapback]

Haha, my god that's so damn stupid. If that's the case why don't they just sell the Xbox 360 or the Revolution for $1.99 and that obviously means an instant win. Regardless of the fact that they would've lost billions of dollars.

They are all businesses, profit = win. That's the end of that.

When did anyone ever say that they should get out of the buisness? But really, just look at Sega. You can't stay #3 forever. In the long run, it's going to lead to lost profits. It's not that hard to understand. Also, Apple is basically a niche market (though that's changing). I remember the days when Nintendo was the clear leader. They should't be a niche market (not that I'm saying they are right now, but it's leading that way if the trend continues). Xbox selling 1 million more consoles than Nintendo in Microsofts first enterence into the console market is no small thing. This is Nintendo. They should have beaten the Xbox.

Whoever is watching the stream can you describe what they are talking about?! Or does anyone know if there is a text stream/blog somewhere.

Whoever is watching the stream can you describe what they are talking about?! Or does anyone know if there is a text stream/blog somewhere.

585933659[/snapback]

Nothing at the moment, its been "about to start" for nearly 20 mins now.

585933659[/snapback]

The announcer is playing with us, tehy said the conference going to start 5 mins ago. Hasn't yet.

Currently it's just music.

They had the Weakerthans playing earlier. *dances*

EDIT: Time after Time Punk Remix now.

585933659[/snapback]

So far this is what they've said:

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not move me it does not get me going at all

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not shift me it's not the kind of thing that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not move me it's not the kind of thing that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

She does not listen she's too wrapped up with all of her things

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

This does not get to me 'cos she's not the kind of girl that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

So far this is what they've said:

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not move me it does not get me going at all

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not shift me it's not the kind of thing that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

It does not move me it's not the kind of thing that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

She does not listen she's too wrapped up with all of her things

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

This does not get to me 'cos she's not the kind of girl that I like

Na Na Na Na Naa

Na Na Na Na Naa

585933675[/snapback]

LOL, excellent song they chose to start conference, hopefully this is last song.

Haha, my god that's so damn stupid. If that's the case why don't they just sell the Xbox 360 or the Revolution for $1.99 and that obviously means an instant win. Regardless of the fact that they would've lost billions of dollars.

They are all businesses, profit = win. That's the end of that.

585933653[/snapback]

I meant at this point. You have to look at the big picture. Like I said, this is a war that is going to go on for several console releases. Subsequent releases will mean less of a loss and more profit for the company that comes out as #1. In the long run, the company that is #1 will make the most profits. You can't just stay at #3 all the time.

Someone asked for a text stream:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615089p1.html

585933688[/snapback]

Thank you.

The delay is they are trying to get Miyamoto in his Link costume!

I saw this on GAF:

CONFERENCE: Sources on the ground have confirmed that the famed developer is preparing to make an appearance.

Hideo Kojima has been spotted by sources on the ground at the Nintendo E3 press conference. These sources believe that Mr. Kojima, famous for his work on the Resident Evil series, will be unveiling a new project for either the NDS or the upcoming Nintendo Revolution. It is unknown whether he will be speaking at length or just making a short appearance at this time.'

Isn't he the creator of Metal Gear?