[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

Profit doesn't mean much. These comanies don't care a whole lot about making money on the consoles at this point. They just want to have the most poular one. The numbers speak for themselves. Nintendo was 3rd in sales last round, ie: they lost.

585933525[/snapback]

Microsoft is the only player in the console market which is ready to lose money for market share. I dont think Sony or Nintendo would ever under price their consoles.

Damn the conference got delayed.

Profit doesn't mean much. These comanies don't care a whole lot about making money on the consoles at this point. They just want to have the most poular one. The numbers speak for themselves. Nintendo was 3rd in sales last round, ie: they lost.

585933525[/snapback]

Hhahaha! Look at this joker. Yes, companies DONT CARE TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY. Did you actually say that?

profits don't mean much, i guess you don't know much about what profits mean to the investors

585933538[/snapback]

If you are a shareholder or investor in either the Xbox, PS2, or GameCube, would you like to hear that your console just lost billions or made millions?

They just said on the stream it starts in 5 mins, and gave a warning about strobe lights and stuff.

585933549[/snapback]

On which stream ? link ?

The link on GameSpot isnt active yet. :unsure:

585933525[/snapback]

That was about the dumbest thing I've heard in my life...

Hhahaha! Look at this joker. Yes, companies DONT CARE TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY. Did you actually say that?

585933547[/snapback]

They are looking to make money long term, they know they aren't going to see a profit short term. All 3 companies know that this is going to be a war that will take place over several console releases. It's not about who makes the most money right now, it's about who is #1. The one who estabilshes themselves as #1 will only end up making more money in the future. It's a popularity contest right now. Plain and simple.

Ive got a gamespot complete account.

585933561[/snapback]

Who pays for that crap?

rtsp://gwmlive.streamos.com/256_ebms-e3video_050514.asf?ts=1116343007&ttl=43200&cs=D3D1F19EC1EFA53A8D145B0AE9065FDF97DDA37F

Free steam, just put it in your WMP URL

I think you need to read

585933526[/snapback]

I need to read?

The maximum allowable size for signatures is 170 pixels high by 550 pixels wide. File sizes should be no larger than 50KB. Smaller is preferred as we need to be mindful of our members on dial up access.

Your sig is 38K and your avatar is 48K...

That was about the dumbest thing I've heard in my life...

585933565[/snapback]

Yes and no. If you're a 3rd party games producer, what would you want to bring your games out on? The console that's sold the least or the most? That's one instance I can think of - games producers want their games to be available to as many as possible. One example would be the GTA games - out on PS2 and soon to be Xbox, do you see a GC version? No. I'm not slating the GC, but maybe, just maybe, the fact it sold the least of all 3 consoles is part of the reason games like GTA aren't available on it.

Who pays for that crap?

rtsp://gwmlive.streamos.com/256_ebms-e3video_050514.asf?ts=1116343007&ttl=43200&cs=D3D1F19EC1EFA53A8D145B0AE9065FDF97DDA37F

Free steam, just put it in your WMP URL

585933577[/snapback]

THANKS CHIEF (Y)

Live stream at GameCube cafe!: GameCube Cafe

585933535[/snapback]

Not to do with the Revolution but looking at that link, those shots for Zelda get me more excited than any of the Next Gen I've seen with exception for Kill Zone

Nintendo has released new screenshots for The Legend of Zelda screenshots just hours before the Media Briefing. Hit the links to view the awesome new screens. GCCafe will also have gameplay videos of Zelda later next week and highlight clips of the Media Briefing later tonight.

e3_zelda_03.jpg

:woot:

I need to read?

Your sig is 38K and your avatar is 48K...

585933579[/snapback]

It doesnt say anything about combined file sizes, it just mentions sigs shouldnt be over 50k, so button it thanks.

Yes and no.  If you're a 3rd party games producer, what would you want to bring your games out on?  The console that's sold the least or the most?  That's one instance I can think of - games producers want their games to be available to as many as possible.  One example would be the GTA games - out on PS2 and soon to be Xbox, do you see a GC version?  No.  I'm not slating the GC, but maybe, just maybe, the fact it sold the least of all 3 consoles is part of the reason games like GTA aren't available on it.

585933583[/snapback]

All this means that in the end you want to most profits, and Nintendo has done it. So end of argument. Doesn't matter which way you see it, all companies moves, marketing and sales are all in the end transalate to profits, which means Nintendo did the best.

I would bring out my game on the console that has the best technology to support the type of game I'd be making. As a game creator, I'm very indiscriminate.

All this means that in the end you want to most profits, and Nintendo has done it. So end of argument. Doesn't matter which way you see it, all companies moves, marketing and sales are all in the end transalate to profits, which means Nintendo did the best.

585933593[/snapback]

They certainly did, but that doesn't affect the 3rd party producers. 3rd party producers such as EA and Rockstar don't care so much how much money Sony, Nintendo and MS are making on their consoles. They would care more about how well they're selling so that their games are available to the consoles that have sold the most. That means more games are likely to sell for them, therefore more money for them.

Of course, the majority of the great games come out on all 3 systems anyway.

Nintendo's stream is so far faster and has some better music then Microsofts.

Is it just me or does the music fade in and out for no reason whatsoever.

They are looking to make money long term, they know they aren't going to see a profit short term. All 3 companies know that this is going to be a war that will take place over several console releases. It's not about who makes the most money right now, it's about who is #1. The one who estabilshes themselves as #1 will only end up making more money in the future. It's a popularity contest right now. Plain and simple.

585933572[/snapback]

Then should Apple get out of the hardware or PC business, because they are definitely not #1 in that area.

Should the Xbox stop being produced either? It only sold 1 million more then GameCube.

The stream is from GAMESPY.

585933622[/snapback]

touche. I seem to like them more now :p

585933593[/snapback]

I can't speak for Sony, since I'm not even sure if they know what they're doing long-term. But Microsoft always thinks years and years ahead. They didn't plan to ever make a profit on the first Xbox. They were immensely elated when it did for the first time last year.

But they aren't in a hurry to start making money. They see the Xbox division as an entrypoint into your living room. Selling you the console isn't where they make the money. And selling you games is just the beginning.