clearONE

Here's how I "fixed" it. No guarentee's it'll work for you. First, install Winamp 5.23. Now you should get green X's where stuff is broken instead of a purple box. Go to the folder Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\window. rename 'error.png' to something else (error.png.old.) Make a copy of 'transparent.png' from that same folder. Rename the copy you just made 'error.png'. That's it, start Winamp to test.

Here's how I "fixed" it. No guarentee's it'll work for you. First, install Winamp 5.23. Now you should get green X's where stuff is broken instead of a purple box. Go to the folder Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\window. rename 'error.png' to something else (error.png.old.) Make a copy of 'transparent.png' from that same folder. Rename the copy you just made 'error.png'. That's it, start Winamp to test.

Fixed. Thanks for that.

One million thanks for the person who fixed the green blotching next to the equalizer. Thought that my video card was crap. This skin is absolutely gorgeous.

Hey Herby, how'd you fix it? I currently use a different Winamp skin right now, and I was wondering what to look for in the skin's files so I can fix the error. I figured out that if I replaced the error image with a transparent .png it would go away (like it was discovered here), but I'm looking for a more "permanent" fix. Thanks.

Hey Herby, how'd you fix it? I currently use a different Winamp skin right now, and I was wondering what to look for in the skin's files so I can fix the error. I figured out that if I replaced the error image with a transparent .png it would go away (like it was discovered here), but I'm looking for a more "permanent" fix. Thanks.

In previous Winamp versions you could make a certain part of the skin transparent without having to use an image (image="").

Now you can't so you have to fix these parts:

- Rename the skinname.wal to skinname.zip and extract it into a new directory with the skinname.

- Extract the attached zip and copy blank.png into the elements/window/ directory.

- Replace all image="" values in the xml files with image="elements/window/blank.png"

- Edit elements-system.xml and check if all the id's are associated with an image, if not; add file="elements/window/blank.png" behind the id('s).

blank.zip

@ :No-Frost:: have a look at Post #485 :)

@ Suicide: the only difference between v5.23 and v5.24 is the version number and a fixed in_midi.dll.

Here's a better fix; extract the attached zip in the ClearONE folder, overwrite the files and the green stuff is gone! :D

Thanks mate, worked great!

• 2 weeks later...