clearONE

for the album art, wouldn't it be better to allows us to edit what ClearOne searches for?

I have a textbox in mind with a comma-separated string. For example: "cover.jpg, album.jpg, artist.png, folder.jpg"

I would really like to see that feature too! Perhaps a list you can add to instead (with the ability to use wildcards please).

Big fan of your clearONEbeta release! :)

This is not possible. See discussion on the previous post on clearOne. And here.

I would really like to see that feature too! Perhaps a list you can add to instead (with the ability to use wildcards please).

Big fan of your clearONEbeta release! :)

Count me in there too! All my covers are named "Cover - Album.jpg", so a simple edit as Cover* would work perfectly.

That skin is excellent piece of work.

Is there a way to remove one of the seeker bars, as I have both main and playlist (shade mode) and theyt both have the seek bar on them.

Is there an effect over the title area of these first two examples? I cant seem to reproduce that little part. Maybe just an illusion?

To me it looks like the piece of plastic that you would find on that area of a real piece of outboard gear. Like its a little foggy?

If its not really there, I think that would look pretty spiffy as an addition.

post-112764-1139200624.jpg

submit the idea that the feature will be added so the buttons in the Music Library can be changed in size and font by skinning (this would replace your edited gen_ml.dll). This way the buttons are simply editable in stead of downloading a hacked/altered .dll file.

This is in the winamp wishlist, but IMO it's doubtful we'll ever see it. There are too many other things more important for the development team to work on, or so I've been told. :(

Clearone for WindowsBlinds has ceased development. You fancy taking up the rains?

I read the whole WB thread, but I didn't see any mention of him stopping development. Are you sure he's not working on it anymore Gamergod? Honestly, I don't care much for WB, but I would be willing to work on it if he isn't going to.

Is there an effect over the title area of these first two examples? I cant seem to reproduce that little part. Maybe just an illusion? To me it looks like the piece of plastic that you would find on that area of a real piece of outboard gear. Like its a little foggy? If its not really there, I think that would look pretty spiffy as an addition.

This is what the background looks like for the ClearBG style. Is this what you mean Ecat? There is a gradient highlight in the middle which disappears towards the ends.

post-110624-1139232126.gif

Edited by axialix

Yea that must be it Axialix. I have it stretched out all the way across my the top of my desk so its not as effective as in you examples.

Is there an ini file or the graphic file itself that I could tweak to try and create more of the effect that Im talking about?

Also is there a setting in an ini file or something that I can tweak to get the glow sticks to be a little more sensative? Most of my stuff seems to be a little low in amplitude and I only see one or two sticks most of the time.

And Im sure your tired of hearing this but...

This thing is F***ING beautimous. Really slick. In all the years Ive used winamp, Ive just called it up as needed but now Ive got it running at startup and is a part of my everyday desktop environment. Did I mention how bitchin I think this thing is? LOL. I just love it. Thanks for doing it Axialix.

th_11fbc_Spiffy_Desktop.jpg

Edited by Ecat

I read the whole WB thread, but I didn't see any mention of him stopping development. Are you sure he's not working on it anymore Gamergod? Honestly, I don't care much for WB, but I would be willing to work on it if he isn't going to.

My windowblinds 5 stoped work yesterday. So i can't continue. :(

I don't like WB either, I'd be more interested in a VS, myself.

Hell yeah Yochanan, I'd definitely prefer a VS too, but I don't think alphablending is possible with .msstyles files. Hopefully someone can correct me here?

Ecat, if you want to change the ClearBG background for the main mode, look in your Winamp\Skins\clearONE\elements\player folder for this file: clear-bg-player-main.png. To change the background for the rest of windows, look in clearONE\elements\window for: clear-bg-main.png. To make the Glowstick vis more responsive, decrease the Timers Resolution in Preferences as shown below. Thanks for your comments too! :)

post-110624-1139257038.gif

I'm having some problems getting WB5 to work. All I get is a black taskbar and it runs extremely slow. I've had to uninstall it twice now. I'm going to try the enhanced version and see if it's any better. I also just sent ZH.A a PM. I doubt he will mind me contributing to the skin, but I just want to make sure.

if you want to change the ClearBG background for the main mode, look in your Winamp\Skins\clearONE\elements\player folder for this file: clear-bg-player-main.png.

Yea I was pokin around in there earlier. I can mess with the clear-bg-player-main.png and find out where the area for the display is but, of course, whenever I would resize the skin, that area moves with it. Wich makes sense.

It looks like the file that I would actually want to play with is the bg-display-middle.png. But if I put anything in the empty space (between the lines) it gets darker proportional to the opacity of whatever I put in there. Putting either light or dark content in there results in only darker results. As a test I wanted to put some of the clear-shadesize.png in the empty space and drop the opacity down some. Is there a way around this? Is there an alpha channel involved? I check the files and didnt find one.

Ultimately I was trying to get it to look like there is a piece of plactic over the top of the display area. And then I would find some cool digital or lcd font to throw in there.

Ecat, you need to change the gammagroup of bg-display-middle.png to "Cbuttons". Open up elements-player.xml and find that image. To the right of the image, you'll see gammagroup="Outlines", change it to "Cbuttons" or another gammagroup which has a "0,0,0" value. You can check the value by opening up gammasets.xml and finding the color theme you are currently using. If you can't get it to work, send me a screenshot of exactly what you want and I'll make a custom version for you.

I just received a reply from ZH.A. His WB's is working again so he said he will finish up his skin. However, it looks like he's using the images from clearONEbeta. I might make a WB skin with the images from clearONE, including the glows and all the rest. How about that Gamergod?

Thanks a bunch axialix. That did it. Now I can play around with the bg-display-middle.png and see if I can come up with a cool effect.

One other thing. It looks like the text is being painted or rendered above the bg-display-middle.png. Is there another tweak that would throw it behind it?

Or maybe a way to adjust the opacity if the font? Allthough I would imagine that would probably affect the counter and the KBPS too. But that might not be an all together bad thing.

Hope Im not bugging you with all of this. :D

No problem, glad to help Ecat. To get the text to appear behind the bg-display-middle, you'll have to rearrange a group in player.xml. Take this line:

<group id ="groupSongname" x="0" y="0" w="-63" relatw="1" />

and place it above this line:

<layer id="bg.display.middle" x="41" y="8" w="-90" relatw="1" image="bg.display.middle" ..... />

You'll now have to fix the x and y values for "groupSongname".

Alternatively, you can set the Songname alpha to 100 or any value you like by changing this line:

<text id="display.songname" display="SONGNAME" ...... align="left" alpha="100" />

And don't forget to also add the alpha tag to:

<text id="display.actioninfo" ...... />

This will not affect the Songticker (time) and KBPS.

Allright, Im getting closer. Adjusting the y axis is working fine but changing the value for x isnt having an effet on it. Ive tried positive and negative values and it doesnt move it at all.

Here what its looking like. The word hiding behind the ticker is Bj?rk.

Oh yea, you must have meant player-shade.xml. In case any one else is using this stuff.

post-112764-1139339477.jpg

I think alpha blending would be possible on .msstyle only if the wallpaper was a solid color ... then you'd have a border of a color.. for example black and the contour would be the color of the solid wallpaper.... dunno.

Ecat, you need to change the gammagroup of bg-display-middle.png to "Cbuttons". Open up elements-player.xml and find that image. To the right of the image, you'll see gammagroup="Outlines", change it to "Cbuttons" or another gammagroup which has a "0,0,0" value. You can check the value by opening up gammasets.xml and finding the color theme you are currently using. If you can't get it to work, send me a screenshot of exactly what you want and I'll make a custom version for you.

I just received a reply from ZH.A. His WB's is working again so he said he will finish up his skin. However, it looks like he's using the images from clearONEbeta. I might make a WB skin with the images from clearONE, including the glows and all the rest. How about that Gamergod?

I would like that very much! A skin with the blue glow! Also the main gripe i had was the font, its very hard to read in the version he made. If you could improve it with a larger font that would be great:)

Thanks r m x!

Gamergod, I'm working on the WB skin, but it probably won't look exactly the way you want at first. I'm using the solid style buttons with purple glow - a light version. I'll probably add a dark version with the glass buttons later, and also create different color themes. At the moment I'm having trouble getting the Titlebar text to change font. Can anyone help me here? I've been all over the SkinStudio font section, but it's no where to be found.