clearONE

I'm diggin the skin.

Not to ask for too much but the next version I hope you make the cover art smooth out the pictures. It's noticeably pixelated. Winamp CD case smoothen it out perfectly. Keep up the good work axialix. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm back with a new version of clearONE! There's a lot of bug fixes in this one and some extra options too. All the details are in the changelog at my site. Sorry about the downtime, but it was totally out of my control. However, I did take advantage of the opportunity and give this skin the attention it needed. I hope I got a few of your requests added in. :)

It was long overdue planetik. Although, in the interim I've had time to work on a new skin. Actually I've been working on it for a couple months now. I really hope everyone will like it, though I especially think the clearONEbeta folks will dig it since it's fairly minimalistic. No screenshots yet, but I'll have one out in the next day or so. :)

Great work! (Y)

The new version is working almost perfectly!

I've experienced one bug tho: when I dock it to the top and select Always On Top + Auto-Hide it won't show up.

[Edit] Nevermind,.. I restarted Winamp and now it's working fine.

It was long overdue planetik. Although, in the interim I've had time to work on a new skin. Actually I've been working on it for a couple months now. I really hope everyone will like it, though I especially think the clearONEbeta folks will dig it since it's fairly minimalistic. No screenshots yet, but I'll have one out in the next day or so. :)

sounds cool, hope the seekbar size (vertical) will be also big as in clearonebeta

looking forward .. ;)

Uh well, might disappoint you there Suicide, I think it's actually shrunk. I guess what hasn't changed though is the font, still using NonstepNew as someone here requested earlier. My goal with this skin was to keep things minimal and still provide more features and modes. It's not just only stick-mode anymore btw.

Glad to hear Herby. Though thanks for posting the false positive.

i personally prefer the beta because the official version is too big for my res, i run at 1024x768 and it looks bulky. when i upgrade from my 17 inch pure flat crt ill use the official version.

congrats axialix

you have made the best winamp skins ever. youre a champ

Thanks for your comments riojin.

daniel, did you have this problem with version 1.4? It really shouldn't have worked there either since the minimum height for the PL is slightly below the minimum for the coverart. Maybe you could set the coverart size at 150px? This would fix the problem.

axialix, a suggestion for both your wonderful skins clearONE and simplicity. have you considered using the lanczos resizing method for cover art? if the image isn't at the correct resolution, we get jagged edges. a bunch of winamp "controllers" that display album art use lanczos :)

the difference it makes:

skin2xj.png

lanczos8up.png

axialix: unfortunately i just have 1.3. but this version has the same cover and playlist height. there must be a bug in 1.5. i think the error is the snap to winamp option. i can scale the playlist window but when i reach the height of the cover window it snaps 2 or more pixel over the size of the cover window. clearone beta also works fine.

1.5x didnt solve the problem.

I have not heard of the lanczos resizing method. Where do I find out about it? I'd love an alternative to the present situation.

<edit> Google search of lanczos returns Zoom Engine software, which is not exactly a free product. Is this what you mean zmysta? </edit>

daniel, the minimum height for the PL now matches the coverart at 100px. Latest version is still 1.5, but I have updated the installer to correct the alignment.

Edited by axialix

axialix: i'm not sure about whether its free, but a bunch of free software do implement it, such as irfanview http://www.irfanview.com . also used in many free digital video conversion software. sorry i can't be of too much help in this particular area :(

im quite sure though "zoom engine" does not own it. i googled around and couldn't find anything regarding who does??

But apparently you are using it for Winamp? I'm just a little confused because of the screenshots you posted.

I just downloaded the free irfanview viewer and installed the plugins for it, but all it appears to be is an external image viewer and nothing more. I can't see how this helps with Winamp coverart?

You got me really hot and bothered with this, so you're gonna have to elaborate with the details. :)

its a resizing method; open an image up in irfanview, click image>resize/resample. pick lanczos filter and resize to say 150 pixels. there you have a lanczos resized image. nice, crisp, clean, no jagged edges :)

i am using it in winamp via a winamp cover/info viewer for samurize, and the better resizing method is the ONLY reason why i'm not using clearone/simplicity cover art :) see here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21184183/

i'm quite sure clearone/simplicity is using the "nearest neighbour" resizing method (same as MS Paint i believe), it introduces jagged edges, just like the cover art:

copyoffolder1oa.png

this request is ofcourse not nesessary at all, and the jagged edges can be overcome by manually/batch lanczos resizing of all cover art to the resolution you use in the skin. however i do think it would be a wonderful addition to your skins if it could be implemented :)

Why don't you just set the coverart to the Autosize option? That displays the image at it's original size with no distortion. And are you resizing all your coverart with irfanview? That must take forever and IMO is truly not needed. Here's what I use and works perfectly: I set the Autosize option and save all my covers at 200px or 150px.

It seems you're using a separate samurize plugin to resize your album art to a finite size. Are you suggesting that I include this plugin with my skins?

Just to be clear, and I think I've said this before, it's not my skins that are introducing the jagged edges. It's a limitation of Winamp in that whatever resizing algorithm you suggested (nearest neighbor, etc.) and it uses is not up to snuff.

axialix, please add the freeze option to ClearOneBeta (thats the only thing i really need)

i can't move from CObeta, the new Simplicity skin is too flat imo.

Was wondering where you were. :) Now did you really install Simplicity or just look at the screenshot? I was using the Flat color theme there, but it's far from the default. The rest are quite "spongy" feeling actually.

But yes, I will add the freeze option to the beta.