clearONE

****, that sucks. I've enabled/disabled all the options in Notifier section testing it and all was well. Which option do you have it set to Slide on? Vertical or Horizontal? I'll try out all the Slide options again, but in the mean time can you try a clean install of the skin? Run the Uninstaller.exe in the Winamp\Skins\clearONE folder and run the clearONEsetup.exe again.

Hi my friend axialix,

Long time no speak... I quess your skin is allmost perfect :) haha

Maybe it's an idea to add the gen_ml.dll to the installer file and than making it an option? (just as the Basic5 font...)

It might be important to let the installer check the Winamp version first. So if I have 5.12 installed, the installer tells me that the option to install gen_ml.dll is disabled because I'm not running 5.13.

just an idea,

Barisko

Hey! Glad to see you around here again. :) And that's a really good idea about the gen_ml. It is a bit of a chore to extract it manually, so I'll try to get it added pretty soon. Actually, I've started another skin so I'm kinda tied down with it atm. :D

axialix: great work on ClearOne. I absulotely love it. I'd like to make a suggestoin, or request. Maybe a similar skin with the same buttons etc, but in the shape of the standard Winamp skin instead of the current, narrow and long version.

Just making a suggestion. Im loving this skin though :) great work

I have a lot on my plate right now highrisk, but I'll try to get it included.

bayrider, I'm a stick-mode freak. I started to make a go at a main mode but didn't like it after several attempts. I hear you though, it does need another mode of some sort.

Edited by axialix

****, that sucks. I've enabled/disabled all the options in Notifier section testing it and all was well. Which option do you have it set to Slide on? Vertical or Horizontal? I'll try out all the Slide options again, but in the mean time can you try a clean install of the skin? Run the Uninstaller.exe in the Winamp\Skins\clearONE folder and run the clearONEsetup.exe again.

I actually had it set to fade in/out in the bottom right.

I've reinstalled as you suggested and I'll see how it goes.

I have a lot on my plate right now highrisk, but I'll try to get it included.

Thank You, because I use transparancy - and everything is included in that value, except notifications, and it looks out of place...

axialix:

I have a few requests for you theme.

1:) The notifier, I want it to stay on screen all the time. However I dont want it to be always on top, rather pinned to the desktop. With forever on it shows on top of my firefox window.

2:) Ability to rate songs with the notifier

Also I seem to have problems with the 5.2 version. I have winamp in my startup folder, but on boot the skin only shows the outline and not the rest of the playlist. Also on albums that dont have covers it causes the coverart to show up with a black border and nothing in between. I ahve to change to a song with a cover to get rid o it.

Just a word of warning that the uninstaller for the skin will delete EVERYTHING in the folder that it is in, regardless of whether it is a skin component, or program files, or documents.

I accidentally installed it into my winamp program folder, and when I uninstalled, everything went with it.

Sorry I've been busy the last couple days, so haven't had time to check in here.

GamerGod, are you sure you don't have the Always on Top option selected in the Notifier part of the CF window? I know you're no noob with this skin, but just had to ask. I don't know what else would cause it to stay on top other than that option being selected. Just checked the script again and all seemed a-ok. Running now with Firefox open and it's staying put behind.

Rating songs from the notifier? How about some cbuttons on there too so only it has to be visible and not the main window? I like this idea.

Relativity, you are correct, the uninstaller deletes the clearONE directory and removes the skin files, but not the Basic5 font. Sorry about you losing your winamp folder, but if the uninstaller doesn't remove the directory, what should it remove to get rid of the skin?

I guess an apology is in order Bhav. I never quite finished that WB skin I was working on. Honestly, that program has come miles since I first installed it a year or so ago, but it still leaves much to be desired IMO. Had to get rid of it, but did make a decent stab at the skin, though it's very unfinished. If you want, send me your email and I'll send it to you (to ashamed to post it here actually. :blush:)

I love this skin since you brought the BETA out, only problem I have is that the visualiser eats the hell out of my CPU and requires a reboot of Winamp. Its not fullscreen, just in a small window.

[AMD 64 3500+]

Edited by Dave MB

Yep, having desktop alpha on (ClearBG style) and using the Vis in the Playlist is gonna chomp up some major cpu. Sucks, but there's just no getting around it. The larger you make the window, the more Winamp has to work to redraw the big window on every Vis refresh. I just try to set the PL at a minimal size if I'm gonna turn on its Vis.

That's a really cool avatar btw, really caught my eye.

Oh, you did say a small window, well I was paying too much attention to your avatar and didn't see that part. You could just use a different styleBG, the solid and glass one's don't use anywhere near the cpu of the clear one.

Did I mention I liked your avatar?

Sorry I've been busy the last couple days, so haven't had time to check in here.

GamerGod, are you sure you don't have the Always on Top option selected in the Notifier part of the CF window? I know you're no noob with this skin, but just had to ask. I don't know what else would cause it to stay on top other than that option being selected. Just checked the script again and all seemed a-ok. Running now with Firefox open and it's staying put behind.

Rating songs from the notifier? How about some cbuttons on there too so only it has to be visible and not the main window? I like this idea.

Relativity, you are correct, the uninstaller deletes the clearONE directory and removes the skin files, but not the Basic5 font. Sorry about you losing your winamp folder, but if the uninstaller doesn't remove the directory, what should it remove to get rid of the skin?

I guess an apology is in order Bhav. I never quite finished that WB skin I was working on. Honestly, that program has come miles since I first installed it a year or so ago, but it still leaves much to be desired IMO. Had to get rid of it, but did make a decent stab at the skin, though it's very unfinished. If you want, send me your email and I'll send it to you (to ashamed to post it here actually. :blush:)

Yes control buttons on the notifier would be a good idea! What about the running time as well? One thing could you please give an option to turn off right click and close? I keep accidently closing my windows by mistake :wacko:

Yes control buttons on the notifier would be a good idea! What about the running time as well? One thing could you please give an option to turn off right click and close? I keep accidently closing my windows by mistake :wacko:

Oh also teh notifier I need it to remember its position, currently i can only place to the left or right.

I hope no one is holding their breath for more updates to this skin because it may be awhile before I get around to adding any. In all honesty, I'd like to concentrate on other projects for a little while. This skin took me almost a year from start to finish so you can imagine how tired I must be of looking at it. Needless to say, I'm more than ready to move on to something else. However, eventually I will get around to adding some updates for clearONE, but in the meantime I guess you'll have to live with it as it is. ;)

I thank everyone for their input here and your requests will not be forgotten when the time comes for an update.

axialix, do you think you could make this skin slide in and out from the side of the screen, like the FLo winamp skin does, its really handy when i need as much space on screen as i can.

I love the beta and would like to try your release as well. It looks wonderful but..the link! *gasp* It's dead! Can anyone direct me towards a mirror? Or perhaps be kind enough to email me the skin file?

I'm using version 1.4 of the skin with Winamp 5.2 and it looks great but it is a little buggy. I've not got the install file for it anymore though.

I have however found a link to version 1.3 of the skin here