Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

How much has Gmail improved lately? I heard they added a "delete" button but that's the only recent change I know of.

Live Mail, on the other hand, added inline Word-style spellcheck recently which is just awesome. And I hear there's more coming very soon :)

How much has Gmail improved lately? I heard they added a "delete" button but that's the only recent change I know of.

Live Mail, on the other hand, added inline Word-style spellcheck recently which is just awesome. And I hear there's more coming very soon :)

I have used Gmail since 2004 and they have slowly added stuff, rember Gmail is still beta! they mainly add stuff on April Fools day.

Gmail already has spellcheck. I haven't tried Live Mail so I can't compare but I have switched over to Gmail as my personal email provider. The spam whacking is very good and I really like having a vacation responder thing.

Gmail is better by far. Maybe this will change by the time the final version of Live Mail is released but I still have my doubts. The overall interface is far too simple, and the ads on the side and top are just massive even on high resolution.

If you dislike WLMail because of its lack of compatibility, I'm sure there're extentions for your browser for IE.

>> Install IE Tab entension for Firefox which lets you have Internet Explorer embedded into a Firefox Tab. ie_tab-8.jpg

I don't see how you can compare is live mail is still in beta.

For Firefox users who want to use live mail, get an extension called "IE tab" and set it up so that the hotmail domain always opens in IE. Works flawlessly.

GMAIL is still in BETA...

:unsure:

i wish gmail had drag and drop.

even if live mail were to be better i wouldnt make the jump because i have way to many emails which id loke to keep that are on my gmail account lol. even though you can just download and save to your computer meh.

Windows Live Mail is better in general, although for mailing lists, GMail is the best system I've seen, I love how it groups related emails. I hate the @gmail.com address though, I really dislike any email address that immediately gives away that it's a free email account.

definite live mail. Gmail was nice for a while, but it's definately lacking a lot compared to mail. Especially if you're an outlook 2003 use, as there's a lot of similarities. I'd love to see the starred functionality added to mail though.

Windows Live Mail is better in general, although for mailing lists, GMail is the best system I've seen, I love how it groups related emails. I hate the @gmail.com address though, I really dislike any email address that immediately gives away that it's a free email account.

I really don't understand that point about it giving away that its a free email address...

Gmail is better. (100 Gmail Invites to give out X 2 Accounts, Versus 0 Windows Live Mail Invites to give out).

Gmail definately, expecially since ms deleted my paypal hotmail account for lack of use in a 30 day period, that caused wayyyyyyyy more hassle than its worth.

Gmail is better. (100 Gmail Invites to give out X 2 Accounts, Versus 0 Windows Live Mail Invites to give out).

lmao, gmail has been around longer?

I've got ~20 invites for live mail so I don't really care about invites. No clue how many gmail invites, enough probably.