Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

One thing I don't like the MS Mail system is that there are just too many things to load on the page while logging in, in contrast the Gmail interface looks quite simpler and neater.

i prefer gmail it load faster of course windows live mail its very good also but i hate those ads, also takes too much to load (longer than hotmail) sometimes i just want to check my mail very fast and that its non useful in that case what i do normally its check it on firefox

well gmail is better at the moment but only by a little bit. live mail needs filters and then it will better than gmail i mean where is the calendar in gmail? google is supposed to be this amzing company that makes great online services but not haivng a calendar in webmail is kinda dumb tbh i mean havnet we waited long enough???

I am in the UK and I cannot believe what google has done. We don't get @gmail.com, we get @googlemail.com and that really put me off.

I am in the UK and I still use MyName@Gmail.com and give that to people, still works the same. I still log in with MyName@Gmail.com and it still shows MyName@Gmail.com at the top.

anythign that goes to @gmail.com automatically forwards to the googlemail one, so it makes no difference at all.

Gmail all the way!

Microsoft is so far behind Yahoo! and Google! it's funny. What's even funnier is that Microsoft is a software company and Google and Yahoo are search engines offering up free stuff.

LOL :laugh:

Gmail has a much better user interface.

Two things make me hate Windows Live Mail. Ads, and taglines. Google uses neither. They use small text ads while you are in mail but they use nothing in mail. I hate taglines at the bottom of every email. Come on......did Microsoft not make enough money yet?

Lastly, Microsoft needs to use the proper web standards. If it don't work right in Firefox I don't use it. IE eats.

They both pretty much suck, but Gmail sucks less right now. Lets keep in mind that Live Mail is still quite young.

ServerMechanic, first off...I am an avid Firefox fan/user, but that being said. Firefox is far from perfect on web standards so that isn't much a reason.

WLM is so much better in my opinion it's still being heavily developed right now.. Plus, you can use any Domain.. @msn.com, @hotmail.com, @whatever.com, etc... Unlike GMail

I perfer Gmail.

Gmail>*

Note: Just because google currently does not have drag and drop wont mean they wont get it. I maen look at like this it took them forever to start a Anti-Virus Service on their service. Though it was worth the wait since everything is perscanned and you dont have to scan attachments to download them(ie Yahoo requires that).

Just stick with gmail i am sure we will see Drag and Drop soon.

Gmail is definetly better. Who cares about drag and drop on website? It doesn't matter for email. If you want drag drop use a mail client like Outlook. Gmail has rss and pop which makes incredible useful while Live does not

well gmail is better at the moment but only by a little bit. live mail needs filters and then it will better than gmail i mean where is the calendar in gmail? google is supposed to be this amzing company that makes great online services but not haivng a calendar in webmail is kinda dumb tbh i mean havnet we waited long enough???

Why does there have to be a calendar? It's webmail, not a calendar service.

For the few people who said "Well Windows Live Mail is only in beta, so obviously it wins" are missing a little detail. Gmail's in beta too.

Gmail takes longer to introduce features, but have you noticed that none of the ones they've introduced have had bugs, and they're implemented nicely? Such as their antivirus, it scans before you try and download the attachment, which speeds things up for the user.

there is one thing with which I like neither of these two browsers, that is, I am an Opera user, and neither Live Mail nor Gmail is fully functional on my Opera. Well, maybe that should be an Opera problem, but I really wanna get away from IE as completely as possible.

I'd like to post my opinion but still don't get the chance to try Live Mail. From a Gmail user perspective, I can not see more interesting things for now... perhaps Live Mail is also not so interesting at all :D