Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

Gmail. The main reason but not the only reason is because of free pop access. Msn took away the ability to check new accounts from outlook and outlook express. Plus they have never offered pop access for free. There is allot of free pop providers out there ms is greedy.

My mum loves live mail because it's just like Outlook which she uses at the office. Hotmail was too different for her (she's quite simple lol)

Anyway I like features in both. I dislike gmail's labels, I don't like seeing all my email in the inbox i wish you could have folders like Live Mail :(

I prefer Gmail by far. The interface is just more appealing to me and easier to use. The live mail interface seems more confusing than hotmail. Maybe because i'm not used to it. The only gripe i have with gmail is FOLDERS PEOPLE FOLDERS!

You can't have folders in Gmail. You can't. You really, really, can't. Trust me. You need to learn Gmail all over again.

Labels are better than folders. Assign the email a label, or multiple labels, archive it, and voila. you can have all your emails sorted into one (or multiple) labels (virtual folders). The categorization is virtual. If you click on "all mail" it will show you everything archived or not. If you click on each label, it will show you all the emails you assigned that label. The main advantage of this is that emails can be categorized as many times as you want - friends, funny jokes, important stuff, etc. without having to create multiple copies of the same email for different folders.

I assign labels to EVERYTHING that comes in (unless its trash or deleted) and after I'm done with it, it gets archived. I have 4 permanent emails in my inbox all mailed to myself: important numbers, a shopping wish list for a site, an email with a log of communications, and an email with links. These are all in draft mode. As gmail instantly saves all drafts, I keep a running log of links, files, comments, and lists.

The biggest thing I dislike about live mail is how it took away free http access from outlook. Effectively I can only use a web version of outlook and not actual outlook itself now. What I instantly discovered? I have to view all emails either WITH the preview pane or WITHOUT, whereas in outlook I can view emails in different folders in different ways (i.e. no preview pane for emails in junk folder, but a preview pane for other folders)

The whole live package is going to go great with vista. Live is still being developed right now, but by the time vista is out the door, live is going to be great.

simply.. Yahoo! Mail Beta... I just got into it.. and I just love it.. it rocks.. out performs Gmail and Windows Live Mail.

but between GMail and Windows Live Mail.. I will go for Windows Live Mail and lastly GMail

there is just one thing I don't like about Gmail - Gmail automatically groups the emails with the same subject. although that makes it easy to search and locate information, it also creates problems, for example, when you want to delete only one of the many emails with the same subject, you very likely would delete ALL OF THEM with a single click.

I use both GMail and Live Mail Beta, but I currently use GMail more because it works on all browsers. I currently use IE7 Beta 2 as my main browser and Live Mail Beta look's all screwed up so I stick to GMail, once WLM is in prime, than I will use that more.

**I like the features of Live Mail Beta and the look, speed is also good. But doesn't work on IE7 Beta 2

EDIT!: NVM... Live Mail Beta works perfectly with IE6 Beta 2!!

Is it just me or do the Ads in Gmail seem to be a lot less? I used to have ads in my subject headers but I cant find any ads throught Gmail now? Its great though.

Is it just me or do the Ads in Gmail seem to be a lot less? I used to have ads in my subject headers but I cant find any ads throught Gmail now? Its great though.

there used to be ads in the RSS bar, but they took it out when the bar went final.

The only other ads are on side of conversation pages, and those are only sometimes, and are blocked by certain Firefox extensions anyways.

Well Like I said Whatever they did it was good. Gmail almost turned me away from them when they started putting real estate ads in my subject headders. :blink: :pinch: :wacko:

Well Like I said Whatever they did it was good. Gmail almost turned me away from them when they started putting real estate ads in my subject headders. :blink: :pinch: :wacko:

gotta advertise to pay the bills....

--

i like live mail... simple... gmail... never liked it from the start..

low

I use both GMail and Live Mail Beta, but I currently use GMail more because it works on all browsers. I currently use IE7 Beta 2 as my main browser and Live Mail Beta look's all screwed up so I stick to GMail, once WLM is in prime, than I will use that more.

**I like the features of Live Mail Beta and the look, speed is also good. But doesn't work on IE7 Beta 2

EDIT!: NVM... Live Mail Beta works perfectly with IE6 Beta 2!!

well, I have problem opening up Gmail using Opera, always stuck at "RSS". Had to use IE in order to access Gmail, which is really annoying... or is it because I did not set up Opera the right way? Please advise.

there used to be ads in the RSS bar, but they took it out when the bar went final.

The only other ads are on side of conversation pages, and those are only sometimes, and are blocked by certain Firefox extensions anyways.

i haven't seen any ads at all for about a year on it..and i don't have any ad-blocking extensions on at all. Could be linked to the fact that my account still hasn't been updated with the RSS bar, html viewer, vacation responder or any of the new features they added ages ago :blink: does anyone else have this problem?

I'll take Gmail. If I wanted dragging and dropping messages and crap like that, I'd use Outlook. Nothing beats Gmail's conversation view though. (Y)