Windows Live Mail Or Gmail

:blink: Delay's messages? If you are talking about milliseconds sure.. but I have NEVER seen a delay in Gmail. I send mail from my servers here at work and before I even log into gmail it is there..... The internet isn't an instant world.. gotta give data a few ms to travel.. :p

Gmail definitely takes longer to receive messages. I sent an email from hotmail, and my friend took a while to get it. However, I received her gmail message very quickly. Or maybe it is hotmail sending slow, i'm confusing myself :|

i have both live mail & gmail & i would say i perfer gmail only because live mail u cant use incredimail or outlook with it

You can use Hotmail with Outlook. What ARE you talking about?

Both Gmail and Live mail are in beta but gmail is better

it has

labels,POP access,bigger size,no graphic ads, open in bigger area than live mail, u can group contacts , very gud spam filter,archive facility,star feature, live feeds,

advanced search ,filter option

live mail has following things which gmail does not

calender,today

if u think it is biased comparision let me know.

Anyway I like features in both. I dislike gmail's labels, I don't like seeing all my email in the inbox i wish you could have folders like Live Mail :(

Err... you can lol o_O

tsk, learn Gmail, then moan :-P

one must remember wlmail is a very recent beta compared to gmail

ill wait to see the final product before i compare it to gmail

I have a question -

How to delete multi emails, just in one click .

You can't delete multiple emails in Gmail with one click either, unless you're emptying your trash. You still need to click on the checkboxes individually, (or click "All"), and then click on the drop down box, and click "Move to Trash".

In WLM, you highlight all of the emails you want to delete (using CTRL-click or SHIFT-click) and drag-and-drop them into the Trash. Same way as Outlook.

Actually, that means that it takes less clicks to delete multiple emails in WLM than in Gmail.

hahaha pwnt.

Err... you can lol o_O

tsk, learn Gmail, then moan :-P

You can't have folders in Gmail. You can't. You really, really, can't. Trust me. You need to learn Gmail all over again.

Hm question. How do I check how much space left/used in my Windows Live Mail account?

You can't. They are going to be implementing a bar telling you how much space you have used nad have left. They have not done it but they will soon be!

I would greatly appreciate if annyone can send me an Live Mail Beta Invitation...

i really need one cause i'm trying to build a Firefox extension so u can use Live Mail under firefox...

the ideea is very simple: just look at IE TAB... i will use same ideea.

Thanks in advance

sparxxx@gmail.com

I like the Windows Live Mail interface better, but I don't see it much anyways...I check my Gmail and Hotmail accounts through Outlook. For some reason, I've never had to pay for my POP3 access for my Hotmail account :D

I am in the UK and I cannot believe what google has done. We don't get @gmail.com, we get @googlemail.com and that really put me off.

I like WLM better because I can drag and drop emails :) But it is still in beta so lets wait and see.

As some one else as already said, this is not Google's fault. And its only on NEW registrations, I'm UK and have a @gMail.com account - I was registered quite early on.

There is a UK trademark or copyright or something registered against the Gmail name, and so a petition was brought against Google to stop using the name in the UK. The service is still exactly the same service tho.

I haven't had the chance to try Live yet tho, how do you register for this?

Windows Live Mail all the way! Very loyal to my Hotmail.com account of over seven years. Won't ever switch!

different styles.

I like Gmail because of its simple and easy, Live Mail because of its rich functions and highly integrating with other tools, like WLM.

agreed

WLM junk filtering is crap. I get so much junk in it it's unbelievable, but Gmail filters anything that I might get.

all the junk i got went straight to junk mail no probs here