• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

Lingwo    490

I've got the game on pre-order so it should be here thursday :)

I was hoping to try The Outfit first before i buy but i don't think that's going to happen now :p

So it would be nice if a GR:AW demo does appear soon.

Lingwo    490

The Outfit Demo is now on Marketplace.

440.89Mb

stezo2k    1

cheers for the news; gunna grab now :yes:

MadFerIt    0

You can now download the demo of ?The Outfit? from the Xbox Live Marketplace. This demo is available in all Xbox Live regions.

This is a multi-player demo, but it can only be played online with an Xbox Live Gold account. Silver members can download the demo but their gameplay experience will be limited to offline 1-1 split screen. Gold members get the full 8 player destruction experien:). :)

Here are some official details on the level in the demo:

Name: Estate Assault

Game Type: Strategic Victory

Overview:

?After a coordinated offensive - Allied Command has commandeered a French villa just across the river from the Axis HQ.

?Choose your side (Allies or Axis) and squad leader to play (3 from either side; 6 total) and lead your squad into battle to destroy the enemy?s HQ, while defending your own.

?Capture strategic points located throughout the map to earn Field Units (F.U.s) ? that can be used on the fly to call in Destruction on Demand? - air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything can be called in from tanks, jeeps and half-tracks to squad reinforcements, machine gun nests, anti-tank guns and even air-strikes on enemy positions.

Source: http://www.majornelson.com/

dnast    39

Yay! Finally something. I'm downloading now.

CitizenSmif    0

The Outfit demo was ****. Almost every demo I've played has turned out to be crap...ffs

stezo2k    1

yeah i wasn't too impressed myself, though i dissagree about all the demos being crap; this is the only one i havent enjoyed

MadFerIt    0

Meh so the demo wasn't "Great". It's still free and online. Something to play at least. Certainly wouldn't buy the full game but it's worth playing the demo once and a while.

Vortex566    0

While i can see what the outfit trys to do it really fails, the xbox could have done this. Not next-gen at all well at least we have GRAW to lookforward to.

BroChaos    1

i played the outfit this morning. just 1 one on one match. neither of knew what we were doing, but overall it was pretty fun. but i think this game would be better off in the bargain bin...i'd pay maybe $20 for it.

so whats up with this ridge racer demo? thats a game i really wanted to try out...

magik    25

i played the outfit this morning. just 1 one on one match. neither of knew what we were doing, but overall it was pretty fun. but i think this game would be better off in the bargain bin...i'd pay maybe $20 for it.

so whats up with this ridge racer demo? thats a game i really wanted to try out...

It was a corrupted upload/version of the demo. I'm sure we will see it again soon.

sfalcon    0

RR6 Demo is now back up. DLing as I type this.

GameOverRob    132

is RR6 on Uk Xbox live?

BroChaos    1

sweetness, rr6 back up. downloading now. i know this game got knocked around in the reviews...but it looked fun to me.

/edit

just played a few races. 600mb for 1 track? and no configurable options? kinda lame.

but anways, i thought the game was fun. first time i played ridge racers was on psp, and i got hooked. this plays almost identical to the psp version. but for some reason i'm a sucker for it. the graphics weren't the best, but some sections really impressed me, like when you come around the corner and up the hill and see the wind generators and the hills in the background. looked really smooth with no jaggies.

Edited by BroChaos

GameOverRob    132

Not sure, but if it's not, why not just create a US/Japan-region account?

Cheers for that heard about it the other day you just reminded me all set up and RR6 is downloading atm thanks!

kylejn    0

All I want are the N3 (Ninety-Nine Nights) and G.R.A.W. demos. Why do they keep releasing demos for games that have been out for months? I guess it's better than nothing, though.

DirtyLarry    2,097

sweetness, rr6 back up. downloading now. i know this game got knocked around in the reviews...but it looked fun to me.

/edit

just played a few races. 600mb for 1 track? and no configurable options? kinda lame.

but anways, i thought the game was fun. first time i played ridge racers was on psp, and i got hooked. this plays almost identical to the psp version. but for some reason i'm a sucker for it. the graphics weren't the best, but some sections really impressed me, like when you come around the corner and up the hill and see the wind generators and the hills in the background. looked really smooth with no jaggies.

If I recall correctly around the same time I was hooked to Ridge Racers was the same time you were, both of us on on are PSP's. It was also the first time I played it seriously as well.

SO like you I checked out the demo because of the fondness of the game I have from the PSP, and my only thing is it actually seems way easier than the PSP version. It seems like you can get out of drifts much easier than you could on the PSP. It is still fun, but it is crazy to me that the PSP version definitely seemed a lot more challenging than this version. I am definitely going to rent it. That is for sure.

GameOverRob    132

have to say didnt like the feel to ridge racer 6, wont be buying/renting it.

hifive    1

When is the stupid GRAW demo coming..

Matrix XII    38

Does it even matter now haha, I guess for people who don't have the game, but they were really slow on that one.

hifive    1

Well I want to play the demo before deciding to expend $65 on it.

GameOverRob    132

its worth it

dnast    39

Nice Gamerscore, Rob (1337 in case it changes) :)

GameOverRob    132

lol i saw it earlier right after i got an achievement on GRAW took a pic lol as proof