[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

still no graw demo :|

All I can say is wait for it, the multiplayer demo is awesome. It shouldnt be that long now :)

hell yeah! this game looks pretty cool to me. any opinions yet??

I tried it, it was fun for a few minutes but it seems very repetitive and like it would get old after a while. But dogfights over Xbox Live could be a lot of fun!

I also just tried it, and not much to say really. Was not impressed in any aspect, and it seemed more geared to kids than any hardcore gamer.

It seemed like it could maybe be fun, and I stress maybe, but the super drop in frame rate I saw when doing the walkthrough and just blowing up a few balloons on the ground, meaning nothing else was going on at all, was just craptacular. I was really blown away to see a game by the same company that just released GRAW run so poorly, truly and sincerely.

Hopefully this is not a final build, but considering it is so close to release date, I am assuming it is.

And I usually do not mention things like a drop in frames per second, I know it comes along with the territory, but for such little going on actionwise it was painfully obvious it was occurring.

I also just tried it, and not much to say really. Was not impressed in any aspect, and it seemed more geared to kids than any hardcore gamer.

It seemed like it could maybe be fun, and I stress maybe, but the super drop in frame rate I saw when doing the walkthrough and just blowing up a few balloons on the ground, meaning nothing else was going on at all, was just craptacular. I was really blown away to see a game by the same company that just released GRAW run so poorly, truly and sincerely.

Hopefully this is not a final build, but considering it is so close to release date, I am assuming it is.

And I usually do not mention things like a drop in frames per second, I know it comes along with the territory, but for such little going on actionwise it was painfully obvious it was occurring.

yep have to agree

yeah Blazing angels doesn't look that good, but remember Ubi is a publisher, just like IE, it has many division and their superior Tom Clancy's Red Storm Entertainment isn't working on Blazing Angels.

i don't know what it was, but my screen felt like it was freezing and tearing, the whole thing was very jerky and not smooth at all. i played through the whole thing, it was really easy and boring at first, but the last level was pretty fun. i agree it was a little too simple, like how you can't just turn your rudder alone, it moves teh elevators with it. i also tried landing in a street, but it just made me crash, even though i had my gear down and it was a perfect landing. also, did anyone else notice the ground crew animation? they just ran in circles, looped over and over. overall though, the graphics were pretty decent i though. on the last level, the sheer number of 3d buildings in view in one screen was very impressive.

id have to agree, that game does not look to good, i love landing airplanes and the only way you can do it is on the training mission and its not even apart of it ( on that note you can land at some very high speed and odd angles :blink: ) the game just wasnt grabbing my attention and making me sweat...i love airplane games none the less and this prolly would have been better with a joystick, which the 360 needs IMHO

I'm starting to think they should just surprise us with demos like how they do with Live Arcade. I'm already very occupied with GRAW, Burnout, and most recently, Oblivion - so I'm not really ****ed - but I'll be taking demo announcements with a grain of salt from now on. Seems like there's some miscommunication between MS and game publishers and it's starting to get annoying.

I'm starting to think they should just surprise us with demos like how they do with Live Arcade. I'm already very occupied with GRAW, Burnout, and most recently, Oblivion - so I'm not really ****ed - but I'll be taking demo announcements with a grain of salt from now on. Seems like there's some miscommunication between MS and game publishers and it's starting to get annoying.

Definitely agreed.

Although from what I read about this BF2 Demo, EA announced it for today, for MS just does not release demos on a Friday. Although I would think if that was the case it would then just get released on Monday, so I take it all with a grain of salt.

what is the problem with releasing it on a friday, and for that matter why does the day its released actually matter you can download it when you want?

what is the problem with releasing it on a friday, and for that matter why does the day its released actually matter you can download it when you want?

I am with you 110%, but supposedly this is just something MS does not like to do. I have now read it in regards to the BF2 demo and I recall them saying it about a demo awhile back as well.

I am imagining it is because if there is some sort of issue with it all, whatever that could be really because the worse I can imagine is to much of a server load and the host server crashes, which honestly if they are still worried about something like that it makes me really question if they should be doing it to begin with.

Maybe perhaps they worry about things along the lines of a broken link as well??

There is not much more I can think of that could go wrong. You set up a link and let people download it is all that really happens in the process. Because I would imagine they spend at least a few days, probably more like a few weeks, prior to releasing a demo, checking the obvious things like that the demo definitely works.

So I am guessing MS does not like to do it on Fridays just in case there are issues, so they can attend to whatever issues they may come across in the "normal work week" (Monday to Friday) to straighten it all out??

That is truly the only reasoning I can even imagine for not wanting to release any demo on a Friday. :wacko:

I think the delays in the most recent demos is because the service is fairly new and maybe not all the launch-day/new-system kinks are all worked out yet. A few months from now when MS and other Developers have had a little more experience with how the system works I think we'll see Demos coming out sooner/faster and won't have any obvious bugs (see: King Kong Demo) and overall the process will be more streamlined so we can see demos more consistently.