• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

icecaveman    0

BroChaos the page does not render correctly on Opera, probably not either on Gecko and they are pretty big.

Lol @ aimed at yong kids under 8

Kerm    51

I'd just like to say, on closer inspection and alot of 'versus' with my brother on it The Outfit is an excellent game, very fun and the perfect pick up and have two player with.

Very tempted to get it.

(Y)

dnast    39

I'd just like to say, on closer inspection and alot of 'versus' with my brother on it The Outfit is an excellent game, very fun and the perfect pick up and have two player with.

Very tempted to get it.

(Y)

Yep. That game's really an acquired taste. I told most of my friends before they downloaded the demo that they wouldn't like the game the first few times they tried it. Once you figure things out though, it's very fun. It's like a party game disguised as a war fighter.

If I wasn't getting 3 games this month, I'd probably consider buying it. I might wait and see how much it costs for a used copy in a month or two.

By the way, I haven't seen this anywhere on the 'net at all, but I was thinking someone else could confirm. One of my friends downloaded an extra map for The Outfit demo about a week ago, but it suddenly disappeared from Marketplace. It's still on his hard drive but I haven't heard a peep about it. Did anybody else see this?

DirtyLarry    2,097

Yep. That game's really an acquired taste. I told most of my friends before they downloaded the demo that they wouldn't like the game the first few times they tried it. Once you figure things out though, it's very fun. It's like a party game disguised as a war fighter.

If I wasn't getting 3 games this month, I'd probably consider buying it. I might wait and see how much it costs for a used copy in a month or two.

By the way, I haven't seen this anywhere on the 'net at all, but I was thinking someone else could confirm. One of my friends downloaded an extra map for The Outfit demo about a week ago, but it suddenly disappeared from Marketplace. It's still on his hard drive but I haven't heard a peep about it. Did anybody else see this?

I am definitely interested in this other map as well.

I also think the game is a lot of fun. It is not meant to be taken serious at all. It is just a very chaotic but controlled party type game.

GameOverRob    132

apparently battlefield 2 demo is gonna b released on 24th march

magik    25

apparently battlefield 2 demo is gonna b released on 24th march

Updated first post to reflect that, but where did you hear that?

dnast    39

I found verification for the BF2 demo date [Link]

And a Top Spin 2 demo on April 7th? [Link]

magik    25

That's pretty awesome, I'm really excited for these two demos! I loved TopSpin on the original Xbox and 24-Player Multiplayer on the Battlefield 2 Demo sounds like a blast!!

GameOverRob    132

i dont really enjoy tennis games dunno why only tennis game i liked was mario tennis lol

DirtyLarry    2,097

Great news about the BF2 Demo. I am pretty mcuh guaranteed to buy the game, but having a demo to ry out first definitely is the way to go.

And I love Top Spin. I have loved Tennis games ever since Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast, so I am definitely looking forward to that as well.

stezo2k    1

i dont really enjoy tennis games dunno why only tennis game i liked was mario tennis lol

not even virtua tennis? that game was ace

GameOverRob    132

Nice Gamerscore, Rob (1337 in case it changes) :)

lol i saw it earlier right after i got an achievement on GRAW took a pic lol as proof

Here we go lol finally uploaded it:

robpears2.jpg

not even virtua tennis? that game was ace

Don't think i ever played that game

zerolimit    8

whatever happend with GRAW demo?

azz0r_wugg    1

I get a pal-50 error when trying to run the Outfit demo :/

RatherLargeBear    182

Its not an error. Just switch your console to Pal 60 (if your tv supports it) in Display Settings and your done.

quick    2

You need to set some 60hz setting on the 360, i forget where the setting is though.

Also BF2 is only 24 player online? I guess i haven't been following this game very close... back a while when they announced the game i remember them saying 100 player multiplayer xbox live games?? I guess that was not possible...? Why would a PC be able to do 64, yet some fancy live servers, and advanced 360 hardware can't get anywhere near 64 players?

starmatrix    0

You need to set some 60hz setting on the 360, i forget where the setting is though.

Also BF2 is only 24 player online? I guess i haven't been following this game very close... back a while when they announced the game i remember them saying 100 player multiplayer xbox live games?? I guess that was not possible...? Why would a PC be able to do 64, yet some fancy live servers, and advanced 360 hardware can't get anywhere near 64 players?

under system, settings, display, and pal settings

PabUK    28

Burnout Revenge demo is out.

Elliott    235

Awesome. :D I've been wanting to try it before I buy it.

DirtyLarry    2,097

Sweet. Thanks for the news. Off to download then try it out now.

GameOverRob    132

I was looking for a demo for ages but i bought it on sunday anyway and its pretty good, however not much of an improvement on the original ps2 and xbox versions just small tweaks and hd compatibility but impressed good enough especially with the live system and most of the achievements seem attainable

illicit    0

That is some awesome news. Thanks for the heads up. :D

DirtyLarry    2,097

I checked out the Burnout Revenge Demo, and I wish they offered some other modes to try out other than the one they did.

I never played any of the older versions, well that is not true I tried it on a coworkers PSP once, but I am really most interested in the mode I have seen videos of and read about, not sure what it's name is, but the one mode that you cause as much destruction with one crash as possible.

Since they only offer the one Takedown mode in the demo, based on what I just played, it is only okay and I definitely am not going to buy the game like I was possibly thinking of doing. I will rent it though probably.

BroChaos    1

w00t, can't wait to try this. although i just signed up for a gamefly account, so look for me to become a big gamerscore ###### :)

dnast    39

Yeah, I got Burnout through GameFly and have to say that I really like this game. I'm not sure how it compares to the previous gen versions since I only played it once on Xbox for maybe 30 minutes.

I thought about renting Fight Night just for the gamescore, lol. It's rare I see someone with FNR3 that doesn't have 1000 GPs from it. I probably won't care now that I'm getting Oblivion, though. I'm going to have to figure out how to make time for BR and GRAW as it is.