[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

Not trying to cause pages of arguments, but if there are indeed tearing issues on the 360, which I am not sure if there are or not as I am currently downloading the demo so I can try it out on the 360 as well so I have not seen it in action, but I can tell you there are no tearing issues at all on the PS3. None.

Yea, but that was my point. If a game has tearing issues on the 360, it will probably also have tearing issues on the PS3, especially since the 360 has a higher memory bandwidth. So the issue goes down to the developer, not the console. If there are any exceptions they may be due to a game that was developed on the PS3 and then ported over to the 360 poorly. But again, that goes down to lazy/incompetent developers.

Wow after seeing some videos months back, I finally got to play the demo of DMC 4...and wow! Since I never had a PS2 I missed a lot of fun Capcom games.

This was my first play with the series and like before...wow! I only got to play the first half of the demo (executioner?) but still Capcom delivered. I realized how much I liked their in game cinematics when I played through Lost Planet. I immediately loved DMC 4 for that reason.

Just reading some of the comments above shows that I wasn't the only one with camera issues at time, but I think that can be looked past because this game overshadowed it. :D

It kind of makes me mad thinking back to how many button mashing combo games I missed not having a PS2 like the God of War series for example. At least I will get to have a taste of God of War on my PSP because the demo was fantastic. This kind of fighting games (button mashers) don't beat out of my love for FPS's, but they sure do come close (especially with CGI). :D

Wasn't there supposed to be a Turok demo up sometime?

The Turok demo is should be available.

DMC4 is simply stunning, especially running at 60 frames.

I must just be overlooking it because I swear I never see it in the demoes section.

Not sure what people are talking about with DMC4 and camera angles, it's what Capcom have always done. Just used to it I guess.

Never witnessed any tearing issues either, ran smooth as hell :)

Did anyone else get weird control responses when playing DMC4? Seemed to me that nero walked, ran and sprinted as and when he bloody-well pleased, even though I had pushed the stick fully...

Did anyone else get weird control responses when playing DMC4? Seemed to me that nero walked, ran and sprinted as and when he bloody-well pleased, even though I had pushed the stick fully...

I could be wrong, but I think it has nothing to do with pressing in or anything, just if you fully walk forward for x amount of seconds, he would start to run.

Yeah, I actually just read that in a review of the demo, haha.

But I had trouble just telling him to run (not sprinting, just running), a lot of the time he'd just walk forward. I found I could move the stick back and forward and THEN he'd start to run, if that made sense.

Yeah, I actually just read that in a review of the demo, haha.

But I had trouble just telling him to run (not sprinting, just running), a lot of the time he'd just walk forward. I found I could move the stick back and forward and THEN he'd start to run, if that made sense.

Yeah, that makes sense. Pretty much the exact opposite for me, he seemed to run all of the time. LOL

Ah the running, I forgot to mention that. I had no clue what button I pressed the first time he started running. After about another minute of deducing, I realized I went brain dead and that the main character just runs after you have been moving for a while.

All I know is that the damn fire demon guy was hard as hell to beat. If you can't dodge you are screwed, and its all about timing. Took me 16 tries to beat him.

Sadly, I still haven't been able to finish the other half of the DMC 4 demo which I will hopefully be doing this weekend.

I still for some reason haven't downloaded Turok, which I will rememdy tonight. :D

As intense as Turok is, the UI for guns is really strange. I find myself at odds with it most of the game and usually just give up and use the knife or the bow.

For those that have played the Turok demo already, does it feel at all the N64 ones or is this something completely new.

Completely new. Completely.

And man, I finally checked it out last night, how did Turning Point even make it's way to the public? What a huge steaming POS.

And man, I finally checked it out last night, how did Turning Point even make it's way to the public? What a huge steaming POS.

Funny you mention Turning Point. I think that was the quickest time from the first time I played it to when I deleted it. :p

The Turok demo wasn't half bad. I could see it being a pretty fun game as a rental. My main complaint was that the frame rate isn't all that hot at times.

The Turok demo wasn't half bad. I could see it being a pretty fun game as a rental. My main complaint was that the frame rate isn't all that hot at times.

Remember though, it is a demo so I wouldn't expect perfect frame rates all over. I would think they still have time to polish some of those "rough" spots.

What was wrong with the turning point demo? It seemed like a pretty generic FPS to me, but nothing majorly bad stuck out. Did I miss something really obvious? (wouldn't be the first time that happened!).

I felt the same way about the Turok demo, it didn't seem anything particularly special either.

Exactly my thoughts, I was gonna warn you to not bother downloading but I thought it best you see for yourself :p

Seriously though I was sitting there AMAZED at how bad this game was heck its worse then last years Hour of Victory and I began thinking why do they bother? Isn't this a waste of money does it not cost a lot to produce this? geez I will never understand what goes through these peoples minds :|

Maybe my mind was so completely blownwith how good CoD 4 was that no game will ever come close ?

What was wrong with the turning point demo? It seemed like a pretty generic FPS to me, but nothing majorly bad stuck out. Did I miss something really obvious? (wouldn't be the first time that happened!).

I felt the same way about the Turok demo, it didn't seem anything particularly special either.

Let me explain..

1) Has the graphics a developer should be ashamed to produce on a PS2.

2) The dumbest AI video gaming has ever seen, the type that all literally line up and wait for you to shoot the one after the other

3) The accuracy of the guns is so bad the only safe place to be is the actual enemy etc.

I guess if Turning Point was my baby I'd be pretty pleased with it to be honest. That's why these games come out, 'nd if all the ****ty games never came out we wouldn't actually have that many...

Turok was okay, just okay.

Rich

xxx