The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

Just put a number in the name of the folders in the order you want it (1. NDS, ect..). Then use Fatsort on your memory card and select alphabectical for both file and directory options.

just so I have this straight, you need something like a "super key" plus something to hold the media on (like a gba cart)?

If this is correct, what combo should I get? I would prefer it not to stick out of the DS Lite, but I guess that could be negotiable.

EDIT***

Wow, I should have read the first page of this thread eh? :p

^Haha, yeah, best to read the thread before asking ;)

Just letting everyone know that the Supercard MicroSD will be released at the end of the month. No word on if it will have the same colors as the Lite's dust cover, or be the traditional Supercard clear plastic purple/blue. I literally just got the MiniSD Supercard yesterday too :rofl: .

BatchDGP is a replacement .dgp encoder app for veiwing movies in Moonshell. It has more options and encodes at a much better quality than the one that comes with Moonshell, as well as batch encoding. This app is a must have for anyone who uses Moonshell.

^Haha, yeah, best to read the thread before asking ;)

Just letting everyone know that the Supercard MicroSD will be released at the end of the month. No word on if it will have the same colors as the Lite's dust cover, or be the traditional Supercard clear plastic purple/blue. I literally just got the MiniSD Supercard yesterday too :rofl: .

Is this one supposed to stick out @ all?

Is this one supposed to stick out @ all?

There aren't much details known about it yet, but I would imagine it is flush to the Lite. It would be pointless otherwise because the MiniSD version is flush to the regular DS.

I think I will have to get me one of those Superkeys. I has a PassKey 2, but it is irritating how much it sticks out the back of the DS Lite. It really gets in the way of my hands. I don't really care if the G6 Fat sticks out.

I think I will have to get me one of those Superkeys. I has a PassKey 2, but it is irritating how much it sticks out the back of the DS Lite. It really gets in the way of my hands. I don't really care if the G6 Fat sticks out.

oops, nevermind...i misread you.

Is there any reason the superkey won't work with the original G6? Is there any reason why it shouldn't? I don't like the Passkey2, it is too bulky.

BTW: I find it strange that I am having more compatbility luck with the G6 and the NDS then I was with the GBA. Does anyone else find this odd?

Superkey works perfect with the G6.

As far as the compatibility, it's not really surprising because the G6 is a newer generation flashcart and was designed with the DS in mind. It's not like the older ones designed for the GBA.

Ergh, Winsunx have pushed the price of the new G6 up to US$81.51, and have removed the cheaper "pro" version that doesn't include GBA support.

Yeah, there actually never was a G6 Lite Pro. Winsunx just assumed there would be because there is for the M3 and started taking pre-orders for it. They then bumped up the price for the "regular" G6 Lite due to demand. I wouldn't recommend using them. That's why I keep recommending kicktrading. He may not get things as quickly as the Chinese distributors or have prices as cheap as them, but his service is bar none and he doesn't screw over his customers like a lot of these places do.

Good thing I didn't pre-order the G6 Lite Pro, then. Was very close to doing so. I'm thinking I'll just get the EZ-Flash IV now, and use it mostly for "backups"...

I still can't understand why people don't just flash their DS' and get rid of their Pass*'s.

1) It voids the warranty

2) On the Lite it's a more risky proceedure, requiring a steady hand

3) The new generation of devices are so convenient it's not a big deal anymore

1) It voids the warranty

2) On the Lite it's a more risky proceedure, requiring a steady hand

3) The new generation of devices are so convenient it's not a big deal anymore

Exactly. I don't understand why people even bother flashing anymore. There's no need now.

^ also can you flash the ds without first having a device like a passcard. So if you need a passcard anyway . . why flash it? . .won't the passcard you bought be fairly useless after the ds has its firmware flashed. Unless there is a software hack to flash the ds (haven't looked up on it much) Seems similar to xbox tsop flashing. First you need to enable a tempory mod (usually throught software exploits, then jumper the points and flash the device). But like I said earlier, if the only way to flash the device is to buy a Passcard, then why not just use that passcard you bought, and not void your warrrenty.

From what stores are you guys buying these flash cards from? And how far does the Supercard stick out from DS Lite?

I've got all my stuff from kicktrading. He ships the next day and has great service and responds to any emails usually within an hour.

The Supercard MiniSD is the exact same size as a GBA cart, so it sticks out about 1cm. If you wait about a month, they will be releasing a MicroSD version that is the same size as the GBA slot cover.

Month is too long to wait :/ Ahh that site does carry EZ-Flash IV Lite.

The quality of the EZ isn't supposed to be that good and compatibility with homebrew not so hot either. If you want a cart right now that fits the Lite, go for the G6 Lite. The only problem with it is that it is only 512 MB. You will have to order it from a Chinese site though as most North American distributors don't have it yet.

Your other alternative is to just go for the Supercard MiniSD or M3 MiniSD for now and just sell it once the Lite versions come out (that's what I did).