Windows Media Player 11

How do you change the color?

Press Alt in the main UI to bring up the menu system.

Go to View -> Enhancements -> Colour Chooser

and select the colour. Although, it must be said... if you find one apart from Black that looks nice, then post it. lol

Chris

I believe it's going to be a Vista only feature... it'll allow you to play everything from another computer, even DRM-protected files.:))

That sucks. If they're trying to compete with iTunes a feature like this should certainly be a standard feature regardless of platform.

Why is everyone so worked up about RAM usage? Today, computers ship with 1 and 2 gigabytes of RAM. Who gives a lick if your Media Player takes 14 MB instead of 10?

Unused RAM = wasted RAM, kiddies.

Why is everyone so worked up about RAM usage? Today, computers ship with 1 and 2 gigabytes of RAM. Who gives a lick if your Media Player takes 14 MB instead of 10?

Unused RAM = wasted RAM, kiddies.

I agree with you.

In addition, Windows XP handles the memory usage better than before.

I worry about applications that uses CPU (all the time) not memory.

I have a PC with 256 RAM and I can even use iTunes (34MB RAM usage) without slowing down my work (Word + IE6 + Babylon + Clip Helper + OE + CD Art Display :) ).

But this kind of thing is from the 90's, but now everything is really, really different.

In my opinion WMP11 could use more RAM and be faster while handling my 1200+ CDs...

Just a few question about WMP11:

- Does WMP11 automatically search for Album Art?

Was there an answer to this? Only some of my albums have art and the only way to add it is to find it and drag or to do the Find Album info and click once for each song in an album.

edit: how did I get 52 posts? wtf.

Is there a browse feature similar to iTunes that lists all the artists and/or albumbs/genres in an easy-to-read/scroll method without displaying the album art?

No official release yet? :( What's the time in Redmond?

It's not even Wednesday there yet. They probably won't release anything til sometime around noon PST.

I have WMP 11 - looks real nice! Tried playing a DVD on it - did notice a lag when resuming after pausing, but ahh that doesn't bother me much.

Thanks to some guy that posted abt the changing-the-color thing .... I have it set to red for now. :D

Microsoft Windows Media Player 11 Beta build 11.0.5358.4827

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP offers you unmatched choice and flexibility for your digital media. You can easily manage your libraries of digital music, photos, and video on your computer; explore a new world of music through the integrated URGE music service; and connect with mobile devices so you can have your digital media collection wherever you want it. Requires Windows XP.

wmp11hero24pt.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...11/default.aspx

Edited by Copernic

Nice, gonna give it a whirl. :)

EDIT: Not bad at all, finally WMP has some of the more essential media features like search. :p

Edited by ziadoz

Seems to be the same version that leaked earlier, I thought the Microsoft guy who works on WMP that posts here said the official beta would be a different version?

EDIT: Maybe I lied, somewhat. It seems like the leaked one was build 11.0.5358.4826 and the "official beta" is 11.0.5358.4827, not sure how significant that small increase is though.

One annoyance that I hoped would be fixed by WMP11 and wasn't - when you play songs the display doesn't jump automatically to the songs position in the library list. :crazy:

^ I agree, it's not the nicest look. But I really like the look posted a few pages back. Just drag the wmp11 window to it's smallest size, it compacts very neatly. I love it!

According to the release notes,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../11/readme.aspx

Compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 7

In some cases, you might encounter problems or unexpected behavior if you install both the beta release of Windows Media Player 11 and the beta release of Internet Explorer 7 on your computer. When using the beta release of Windows Media Player 11, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP SP2.

Has anyone used WMP11 with IE7 beta2, if so any problems?

Edited by JRosenfeld