qdave

its easy to avoid that. i wont say how though :D

leesmithg

Seems to work o.k.

Installed very easily, not a hitch.

Infact it's smoother and feels better than v10.xx.xx

drshdw
A word to the wise.

This is what you might see if you dont play with microsoft.

post-7541-1147554329_thumb.jpg

I think I will stick to VLC! :whistle:

pirate :p

Sn4k36

There's only one thing i can't get to work in wmp11 is the icon view for the library list... Has anyone gotten it to work yet?

btw here's a screenshot...

mywmp11.jpg

Edited by Sn4k36
DreadBoat89

mywmp11.jpg

how did you get that? is it a skin?, or is it fake lol?

Randolph

I installed it. Then I noticed my computer slowed down and I came to a conclusion that WMP 11 was indexing my hard drive for the Library. I found it quite annoying when WMP loaded, froze for 2-6 seconds, then finished loading. So I deleted the Library which sort of totally defeats the purpose of using this version of WMP and noticed it loaded alot quicker then before. I don't like how URGE is shoved right in your face and everytime you start WMP 11 it keeps asking for you to download/install URGE. I hope I am not the only one experiencing this. But for now I will stick with Winamp. Then maybe once Windows Media Player 11 comes out (legally) in a few week(s), I will try it again.

Rating: 7/10

Side notes: It's a nice upgrade over Windows Media Player 10. Memory usage was low for me (10 mb maybe?).

nhut

I've just tried it out, but I'll be sticking with iTunes. It would be a really nice program if it actually worked. When I import my music library into WMP, everything goes haywire. The program decides to randomly segmenting some albums up into three, downloading album art for some songs and not others... it's a nightmare. The same thing has happened to me since WMP9 :(

All they've done is give it a very nice coat of paint. The borked library organiser is still there, sadly.

StartMeUp

WMP 11 owns.

But I don't need it for Windows XP. Already switched to Prebeta build of Vista on my desktop.

Carlos11

Really nice version indeed!

Of course, get a little bit organized before using it would help and would NOT hurt. :)

I wish I could make a CD Art Display (formerly Winamp CD Case) port for WMP11 one day...

Lexcyn

I guess no one has mentioned that this doesn't work on XP x64. :cry:

Slimy

^ It's a leaked beta buddy, it's allowed not to work on x64. I wonder if it will eventually though...

evo0o

This leaked beta is exactly the same as the release in 3 days? Or will there be changes?

L3thal

^ It's a leaked beta buddy, it's allowed not to work on x64. I wonder if it will eventually though...

I'd be surprised if it weren't.

Rahul

aaah me likes . its pretty neat , made me skin my whole royale touch PC to the Vista Look

MrCobra

I've just tried it out, but I'll be sticking with iTunes. It would be a really nice program if it actually worked. When I import my music library into WMP, everything goes haywire. The program decides to randomly segmenting some albums up into three, downloading album art for some songs and not others... it's a nightmare. The same thing has happened to me since WMP9 :(

All they've done is give it a very nice coat of paint. The borked library organiser is still there, sadly.

You do realize that all the features that you and most everyone else complains about being broken or not working properly is because WMP11 is still BETA. That means not finished software.

nhut

You do realize that all the features that you and most everyone else complains about being broken or not working properly is because WMP11 is still BETA. That means not finished software.

I realise that. I wasn't complaining about WMP11, rather about the libary mechanism that's been in place for several versions of the program. It was a pain in the arse then and is still not much better. From my experience, unless you rip all your CDs using WMP, you're bound to run into problems when importing a music collection you've been managing with another program, eg iTunes.

Or maybe it's just my bad luck. :( It's a shame because the new interface is much nicer than anything else out there.

Aahz

From my experience, unless you rip all your CDs using WMP, you're bound to run into problems when importing a music collection you've been managing with another program, eg iTunes.

EVERY single library management media player I've ever used does this exact same thing. If the cds aren't ripped using said application then the whole 'management' side of things goes out the window lol

Oh dear god do all those players detest my Bob Marley collection with all kinds of commercial and imported and you name it kinds of cds I ripped long ago with exact audio copy :p

At the end of the day it's just easier to keep my music sorted by artist and album folders and just queue up said folder.

Starchild

Where should I send my suggestion(s) for WMP11?

low

Looks sweet.. love the colour! :laugh:

Usar

There's only one thing i can't get to work in wmp11 is the icon view for the library list... Has anyone gotten it to work yet?

btw here's a screenshot...

mywmp11.jpg

I love you, but only because you were playing 10,000 Days.

Lt-DavidW

Some concerns I have:

1. It would be a nice feature if you could drag songs from one album/section into another.

2. I would also like to see an option to "Find Album Art".

3. Why is there no 'play all' feature?

4. There is no list pane in Library mode. Can't this at least be a toggable option?

5. Does album art stay embedded in the metatags, or do I loose it all if I move my MP3s to another computer?

6. If the album art is not made part of the metatag, why not??

7. Better support for multi-disc albums.

8. Idea: To have your Messenger display picture update to the album art of the currently playing song.

How do I send these to Microsoft?

Edited by Lt-DavidW
pixelpixel

pirate :p

Thank you!

Apart from that, It does look nice but thats all !.

Varish

love it, but i can't find some settings...

in WMP10, there's an option like, onclick > play selected song, play all songs, add song to the playlist

in WMP11, all it does it add the song to the list, :(

where can i find the option?