Windows Media Player 11

Solved my own duplicating album problem.

Turns out that a new album is made for each 'Album Artist'. I fixed the problem by making the Album Artist the same for both albums.

Still - it would be nice to be able to drag and drop songs between sections.

A word to the wise.

This is what you might see if you dont play with microsoft.

post-7541-1147554329_thumb.jpg

I think I will stick to VLC! :whistle:

There is a way ... to the promised land. I found it, and so will others. :rofl:

well im using it now, and im updateing music tags and stuff

what i want to know is why when u ask to "find album info" why cant it just get the whole albums information and apply it instead of having to go through each track, its a bit stupid really :s

but besides that im in love with it, its much better than WMP10

Some concerns I have:

1. It would be a nice feature if you could drag songs from one album/section into another.

2. I would also like to see an option to "Find Album Art".

3. Why is there no 'play all' feature?

4. There is no list pane in Library mode. Can't this at least be a toggable option?

5. Does album art stay embedded in the metatags, or do I loose it all if I move my MP3s to another computer?

6. If the album art is not made part of the metatag, why not??

7. Better support for multi-disc albums.

8. Idea: To have your Messenger display picture update to the album art of the currently playing song.

How do I send these to Microsoft?

1. Well that's a good suggestion

2. There is an option, right click the song name not the album art and it'll say find album info which will auto import the art alot with it. Or BETTER yet, you don't have to do that anymore, just drag and drop or copy and paste the album art you find on amazon.com or anywhere paste it on the icon where it says PASTE ART HERE !!

3. There is a play all feature as far as i saw, right click and you get the option to play all or play or add to list.

4. The list if you looked is up top by the "Search" box, to the left of it. YOu can pick from 3 different views.

5. The album art is stored in the MP3 file as far as i'm seeing lately. Cuz i store my music on my server and when i play it from other machines it's updated with the album art and everything.

6. See above.

7. Better support how? I have, "The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death" and it's there as 2 Albums granted they both have the same album art but what would i expect. They came in 1 package so ofcourse they'd have the same cover. They are however labled, Disc 1 and Disc 2 by default when i searched for the album info.

8. Good idea, not sure how much they'd like it

I guess when the beta goes official there'll be a place where you can email or submit stuff to microsoft.

To the guy asking how to remove WMP 11, did you even look? It's in the Add or Remove Programs list. OH you don't see it? Well that's cuz it's an UPDATE! So click show updates and it'll be there to uninstall.

what i want to know is why when u ask to "find album info" why cant it just get the whole albums information and apply it instead of having to go through each track, its a bit stupid really

Well that's because you're supposed to click Update Album Info. That way WMP goes off finds it (if your meta data is correct from before, your ID3 tags) and updates the files and the metadata automatically. You don't even have to wait, just right click, choose update and move on. When you choose find album info it's gonna ask you to check to make sure it found the correct one of-course. Why ask it to search and not give you the results of the search. Telling it to update would do exactly what you're wanting it to do. You may at the end want to edit a few tags later like Puff Daddy and P. Diddy being the same person, but don't blame Microsoft for that, blame Diddy and AMG. Diddy changed the name and AMG didn't update it. LOL

Is there a way to place WMP11 in the system tray rather than having it in the start bar ?

I don't think so but it's sweeter in the Taskbar (start bar ?? :shiftyninja: hehe) you can actually interact with it and change songs, volume and all that. I guess i could kinda see why you'd like that but the minibar on the taskbar allows you to not have to bring it to max state just to click next song.

Edited by SHoTTa35

WMP11 sucks because it always crashes.

How do I uninstall it and go back 10?

Thats an unfair evaluation of WMP11. It's still BETA. I think theres a big hint there. You're not even supposed to have it atm.

My minimised taskbar player hasn't updated in appearance from version 9, and none of the buttons work correctly.

Am I the only one with this bug, or has this feature simply not been implemented yet?

That is your own problem, because mine has changed from 10 to 11.

This is what mine looks like in the taskbar:

wmp116zp.jpg

To uninstall it, go into Add/Remove programs and tick "Show Updates" and WMP11 will be there.

Thats an unfair evaluation of WMP11. It's still BETA. I think theres a big hint there. You're not even supposed to have it atm.

My warning level was increased yesterday just because I said that I had installed it. :( I think my post was removed too. And yet people post screenshots and openly discuss about it.

If I were allowed to talk about it without risking another increase, I would comment the crash things...

You can talk about it, just not about where to get it.

I believe anyway.

I didn't ask, I mean, I was just talking about the app itself and how it handled the tags.

pirate :p

Actually VLC is a much better multi-format media player than Windows Media Player - WMP has never supported RTSP properly (infact it's so horribly broken that it's borderline pathetic but I guess it's because it is not a Microsoft controlled transport), the MPEG4/AVC/AAC support is flakey at best even with 3rd party plugins and there's a lot of multi-format issues with it.

And once again, who decided to use Dark Blue-Back vs White in a default skin, it's retarded.

On that note, isn't it a bit hypocritical to disallow "OSX on 86" when you can freely talk about pirate Vistas, Media Players and other 'leaked' software? Oh well.

I am running Windows Media Player 11 on Windows XP SP2, and it hasn't crashed yet. I think that even for a BETA release, this is relatively stable. I did get some lockups when running a video, but I did have many other programs running. I love the interface btw.