Windows Media Player 11

My warning level was increased yesterday just because I said that I had installed it. :( I think my post was removed too. And yet people post screenshots and openly discuss about it.

If I were allowed to talk about it without risking another increase, I would comment the crash things...

I saw that post of yours. Mods give warning about such things and then more often than not turn around and talk about the very material they say are breaking the rules. Things like a-patch and the like. Those types of programs are against the EULA of Microsoft and therefore illegal according to the forum rules. Why are those allowed? Why were mods allowed to post screenies of Photoshop CS2 when everyone knew good and well it was pirated? I'll tell ya why. Hypocrisy.

You'll find that most of the mods on here shouldn't be mods to begin with.

No, this will never ever be a feature in Windows Media Player. It is against the shell user interface guidelines.

And most things Microsoft developes goes against the UI guidelines as well. Look at Office 2007.

I am very interested in trying Urge, but putting credit card information into a leaked program doesn't sound that tempting.

You can sign up for the 14-day trial without putting in any CC info.

I saw that post of yours. Mods give warning about such things and then more often than not turn around and talk about the very material they say are breaking the rules. Things like a-patch and the like. Those types of programs are against the EULA of Microsoft and therefore illegal according to the forum rules. Why are those allowed? Why were mods allowed to post screenies of Photoshop CS2 when everyone knew good and well it was pirated? I'll tell ya why. Hypocrisy.

You'll find that most of the mods on here shouldn't be mods to begin with.

And most things Microsoft developes goes against the UI guidelines as well. Look at Office 2007.

i'd like to add to this. why is it illegal to download wmp 11 since IT IS FREE?!? therefore NOT PIRATED. so what if it leaked out early ITS STILL FREE. warn this mods haha

And its even on Softpedia, and that site is just like Download.com so it is obvious the microsoft intentionaly leaked it or it wouldnt be on sites like that

i'd like to add to this. why is it illegal to download wmp 11 since IT IS FREE?!? therefore NOT PIRATED. so what if it leaked out early ITS STILL FREE. warn this mods haha

With WMP11 they have a reason though, I don't think it's reason enough to raise everybody's warning level, but still they got a point.

Anyway, weeks ago when WGA started annoying users, there was a NEWS on the Frontpage linking to a page on how to BYPASS it! Yesterday an user came asking how to stop the messages from WGA, and I linked him directly to that news item INSIDE NEOWIN.net. What happened? My post got edited and the thread was closed. NOW that's hypocrisy!

I saw that post of yours. Mods give warning about such things and then more often than not turn around and talk about the very material they say are breaking the rules.

Well I have to mention my warning level was decreased by the same mod that increased it, he kindly apologized.

Nice review! :D

When I read about "Aggressively replaces my high quality 600x600 Folder.jpg files with a 200x200 Folder.jpg hidden system file" you almost killed me!! :crazy:

I checked my covers and WMP11 didn't change my high resolution covers (most of them 500x500) with a 200x200... :yes:

Thanks and Sorry :D

I must have elaborated a little more. This happened to me when I dragged my high quality 600x600 Folder.jpg to WMP11's this location:

ztc3ux.png

because as you see in the screenshot, it didn't detect the folder.jpg and showed a blank artwork instead.

So if you see blank Artwork like that in WMP11 *ALTHOUGH* you have a high quality Folder.jpg in that folder, then it is best for you to first create a copy of your Folder.jpg and drag the folder.jpg to WMP11 Artwork location.

With WMP11 they have a reason though, I don't think it's reason enough to raise everybody's warning level, but still they got a point.

Anyway, weeks ago when WGA started annoying users, there was a NEWS on the Frontpage linking to a page on how to BYPASS it! Yesterday an user came asking how to stop the messages from WGA, and I linked him directly to that news item INSIDE NEOWIN.net. What happened? My post got edited and the thread was closed. NOW that's hypocrisy!

Well I have to mention my warning level was decreased by the same mod that increased it, he kindly apologized.

That proves that the mods that are supposed to be controlling and administering this site don't know what's going on in the very place they are supposed to help. I'd take an apology from and mod on here with a grain of salt.

The staff of NEOWIN constantly breaks the rules but be damned anyone else even come close or think about it.

Just a few question about WMP11:

- Does WMP11 automatically search for Album Art?

- If the ID3 tag does not contain any Album info, in which folder will WMP11 put it? Will it make a folder named "Unknown Album" or will it just leave the track as it is and keep it in it's original folder?

- How about new visualizations?

- How does URGE affect all of this?

Does it have something similar to iTunes' playlist sharing?

I believe it's going to be a Vista only feature... it'll allow you to play everything from another computer, even DRM-protected files. :)

how did you get that? is it a skin?, or is it fake lol?

for this wmp11 look, all i did was click on the bottom right hand cornor, until u see the arrows, then go ahead and click and drag it up and inwards.

mywmp11.jpg

It just happens when you shrink the skin, like so:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20400945/wmp.wmv.html

(the video is a bit squashed when I compressed it, but you get the idea)

It's a problem with your tags. Same thing happened to me when trying to setup my 360. Download MediaMonkey and fix your tags. If one thing is different or not filled in on one and filled in on another, WMP will see them as two different albums. PITA I know, but at least I know all of my tags match now.

When I was deleting and manually adding new albums I got an error message telling me that the database was corrupted. When I restarted WMP11 all entries were gone. I have to start from scratch. :(

I belive that leaking Betas are illegal. Check the EULA.

How do you change the size of the albumart? Can't find anything...?

Thanks

Stretch the "Album" column to make the album art bigger. Vice-versa.

Anyone know why WMP11 won't play any of the music my external HD.. but as soon as I drag the .mp3 to my desktop, it will play it? Won't recognize any of the files on my external, and not sure why.. tells me it cannot find the file when i'm sitting right there looking at it. thanks.

Ah fack this is ****ing me off. Some of the songs on windows media player 11 have their own album and it's only one song, and I don't want it to be classed as an album it's just a single. So when i click remove it deletes the song, does every song with an album in their ID3 tag have to be deleted because of this. Is there a way round this?

So is this expected today or on the 17th? I'm hearing both dates...

The official public beta release is projected for Wednesday the 17th.

Ah fack this is ****ing me off. Some of the songs on windows media player 11 have their own album and it's only one song, and I don't want it to be classed as an album it's just a single. So when i click remove it deletes the song, does every song with an album in their ID3 tag have to be deleted because of this. Is there a way round this?

Tools > Options > Library Tab > Uncheck the first box.