Windows Media Player 11

Meh... I don't like it, I've never used WMP, iTunes for me :p. The way I see it, iTunes had the "wow" effect way earlier, and now WMP is just now getting it, so therefore I stick to what has been better all along (in my opinion).

Not to mention it's impossible to find any good skins anywhere, the Vista look is just overkill now, I am sick of it, and I don't even have Vista yet.

WMP 11 is a much awaited improvement over WMP 10. Their library needed some work and they seemed to work on it from start to finish.

We ask that all members please refrain from asking for PM's to the download link and/or post links to the installer.

Violators will be dealt with accordingly. Take this as your verbal warning

:rolleyes:

Can somebody tell me if there is a link that can take me do the download page for WMP 11

I would really appreciate it

Thank YOU

Dude, did you even read the post right above yours? :blink:

The interface is still nowhere near as intuitive as iTunes'.

It seems to have Windows Live Messenger syndrome, where they want to make positive changes, but don't want to make it different from the last version, so there's redundant menus spread out all over the place. Acheiving what you want to do in both WMP11 and WLM8 is incredibly hit and miss.

If it were me, I'd do away with "Now Playing", nobody watches visualisations in a Window, they're only useful full-screen. Instead of "Library, Rip, Burn, Sync", I'd have "Music, Video, Pictures, TV", with each button taking you to the correct library. Burn should be an option for a selected playlist and doesn't need a "tab". There's a million and one things I'd change/move/get rid of if I got my hands on it.

The whole thing is still a mess, and really not very different from WMP10, or 9, for that matter.

Edited by Spielo

Dude, did you even read the post right above yours? :blink:

I think he or she did by the :rolleyes: smiley and just didnt give a damn. Just joined to get a link and leave.

The interface is still nowhere near as intuitive as iTunes'.

It seems to have Windows Live Messenger syndrome, where they want to make positive changes, but don't want to make it different from the last version, so there's redundant menus spread out all over the place. Acheiving what you want to do in both WMP11 and WLM8 is incredibly hit and miss.

If it were me, I'd do away with "Now Playing", nobody watches visualisations in a Window, they're only useful full-screen. Instead of "Library, Rip, Burn, Sync", I'd have "Music, Video, Pictures, TV", with each button taking you to the correct library. Burn should be an option for a selected playlist and doesn't need a "tab". There's a million and one things I'd change/move/get rid of if I got my hands on it.

The whole thing is still a mess, and really not very different from WMP10, or 9, for that matter.

Now Playing section works great for me when I'm wanting to watch streaming media or movies in a window. For music, everything you need is in the library and you don't have to ever use Now Playing if you don't want to.

Sometimes i don't get why people like iTunes so much... I really hate it! The music starts to hang when opening more programs at a time, and WMP doesn't on my pc... BTW i really loooooove WMP11! Stupid that the visualizations aren't reacting to music anymore...

Smart playlists already exist.

Favorites in the weekend, songs i don't like, ... look with your playlists (in WMP10 i think not in WMP11 as far as i now...)

Smart playlists already exist.

Favorites in the weekend, songs i don't like, ... look with your playlists (in WMP10 i think not in WMP11 as far as i now...)

I think he was being sarcastic :p

**** ? ***** ? Do you mean Workaround for the WGA? you can say that but you can't ask for it :p Look around it has been leaked on usual sources with Workaround!

Well this WMP 11 is a real Itunes Killer,in my expierence itunes has never been a choice , don't like how it organizes music , it doesen't have that tabbed functionality that WMP 10 has,and seeing WMP 11 it will be definately be my ONLY and main player.The UI looks fresh and fascinating,it can be played by a 3 year old child,for the moment i can't make a full review of improvements since i don't have it,but i'm expecting very good results on this.On

WMP is one of my fav applications.

Edited by EduardValencia

Well they should make some WMP11 userbar :) to photoshoppers: this is a request :p

Well they should make some WMP11 userbar :) to photoshoppers: this is a request :p

send me a PM if u ever get one :)

I'm not too impressed with it. It has some nice features, but it won't sync with my iPod like iTunes does, so it won't be my default player yet.

That's apple's strategy, if they want iTunes users they just make some new cool hardware which needs iTunes...