Windows Media Player 11

I just have one question: How do I get it to display my mp3's by just their file names and not their ID3 tags? Like for example Stairway To Heaven.mp3 instead of the full information. There's gotta be an option somewhere.

if i get banned i get banned there's more ways to skin a cat and even more to join neowin

not if they ban your DNA.

..they can do that, you know..

but yeah, i like itunes better still. wmp still seems too.. convoluted to me. although i love how it showcases my years of work collecting album art. it is definitely a pretty big step in the right direction. go MS!

Seriously, this player impressed me alot. It uses less resource than WMP10 and the way it organize my media is so much better. The search as you type feature is perfect as I have thousands of files loaded in the library. My result appears instantly. And the album stack cover is a plus for this player. Its a huge improvement over WMP10. URGE is cool.

it looks pretty damn good with a decent vista skin.

Media Player has definately been improving a lot every version from the hellish place they were with media player 7.

Sorry, but I find it ugly :x I much prefer the interface of iTunes or even WMP10.
I agree - black is a horrible colour choice IMO, and the player itself looks far too bloated.

I dont like the WMP 10 interface mixed in with the WMP 11 interface. It's looks too wierd. :p

The screenshots look really good, but I still think I wouldnt use it. WMP 10 looked good before it came out, but after using it, I hated it and went to Media Player Classic and Winamp.

Heh...I used to love WMP. Now I use iTunes, and unless WMP 11 will play all the iTunes format music that I have, I will unfortunately be sticking to iTunes.

-Spenser