Windows Media Player 11

About the same, I like the new interface, hell the new UI in Vista/Office/Live, love it. Much better than that old stuff. :p

How much resources does it use?

How much resources does it use?

People who have got this are saying it uses about 15 ish mb of Ram (Y) As opposed to WMP 10 on my pc, which used like 30, and 25% CPU when playing a song :huh:.

Roll on Wednesday (Y)

I hope this is a beta version because I tried it and for example the colours per default are.. interesting to say the least.

Fully black player and then white playlist. What the heck?

- Why can't I remove the Online Stores Button?

- Why can't I customize the toolbar?

- Why do I keep getting the !"#? BUY THIS TRACK everywhere. It's bloody annoying.

*returns back to WA295*

any news on an x64 version as this version wont install on x64

- Why can't I remove the Online Stores Button?

- Why can't I customize the toolbar?

- Why do I keep getting the !"#? BUY THIS TRACK everywhere. It's bloody annoying.

Same with WLMessenger - full of ads now. Thankfully there are ways to remove them.

OK I've been using it for about half hour now and there is something I've noticed which really annoys me:

Whenever I find a photo of an album on the internet and drag it into iTunes, it works fine. In WMP, I paste album art into the album picture and nothing happens. Why is this?

Thanks but damm!!! download took ages to even connect.

JFYI

The US Softpedia mirror = 20mbps

The RO Softpedia mirror = 100mbps

The US mirror is the default mirror, meaning when you click download it contacts that server first, and will most likely succeed since its alive. However download speeds are a horrid 10KBps. I suggest manually selecting the RO mirror, which will give you 100+KBps speeds.

Hey guys, how do I get all my media to display like this:

Microsoft-Windows-Media-Player-11_1.png

So basically like itunes with all the albums and tracks listed on one page but with the cool new artwork display next to it?

Hey guys, how do I get all my media to display like this:

So basically like itunes with all the albums and tracks listed on one page but with the cool new artwork display next to it?

On the panel on the left, click "songs" under the Library Category.

Alternatively, you can do it along the top.

Argh I figured out why mine looks screwed up. It's displayed by songs and artists and doen't display compilations at all well... that's really dissappointing.

So is this the final version or still a Beta? I don't wanna download and install 23MB of Beta then have to download the official release again in a few days.