Windows Media Player 11

+John.

So is this the final version or still a Beta? I don't wanna download and install 23MB of Beta then have to download the official release again in a few days.

Leaked Beta. I suggest you wait till wednesday to download the proper version, unless you can't wait

Minchino

Leaked Beta. I suggest you wait till wednesday to download the proper version, unless you can't wait

Thanks, I'm more than happy to wait. It's looking good. :)

Jimmy0

It looks and works like a charm - personally I don't mind downloading the official release when it comes. :)

Julius Caro

It's SO amazing. I mean, it's clean, fast, and it only takes some minutes to get used to it!!

Memory usage is 15-18 mb when open / minmized, and 8-10mb when the miniplayer is on the taskbar.

:D

I have MCE2005, I hope it doesn't break anything. My windows is english MCE with spanish mui (it came that way from dell...) so I'm afraid to screw things up, lol.

ana04

So far so good.. :)

For me it's usin about 15megs ram and 2-12% cpu usage..

Liking it better than the previous version.. :cool:

zeroday

just installed it :D got an error the first time, but after restart worked fine. does anybody know how to stop it from staying on top of everything. :blink:

Fully black player and then white playlist. What the heck?

you can change the colour in the colour chooser under enhancements.

viciv

YEAH, been waiting for it for ages!

Ambroos

With me when using a livestream it's using 3% CPU on my P3 1401Mhz, but (yest there is a but) it uses 55 megs of Virtual Memory. Quite smart! What you don't need, just put it in the slow memory to have more free fast memory :)

ProfessorX

For some reason WMP's CPU Usage is around 50-95% on my computer :|

niktheguru

The official release in a few days is going to be a "public preview" of WMP11 and not the full release. So its likely it'll be this beta build or a slightly updated version. Don't expect final until a months time.

I'm surprised that this beta has stayed out of leaked hands as long as it has.....

Ambroos

When you click on the sound bars below left you can switch between three looks. The sound analyzer, mini album view and the old WMP9 bar with the moving arrows.

Roger H.

nice find dude, i dind't even know that. I'm definitely enjoying WMP 11!!!

zeroday

does anybody else have the problem of it staying on top of all other windows?

When you click on the sound bars below left you can switch between three looks. The sound analyzer, mini album view and the old WMP9 bar with the moving arrows.

what do you mean?? i cant find it

viciv

damn it, it's buggy... crashed many times :(

ViperAFK

being very stable for me, and uses little ram, the only prblem is the cpu jumps up to 60 percent occasionally.

Jimmy0

Mine is fine, been using constantly since download doing various tasks and it hasn't crashed or had an error once.

Erez.B

Installed it, Launched it.... but.... got this:

post-110623-1147528597.jpg

WT*???!?!? :cry:

+Peewee210

Installed it, Launched it.... but.... got this:

WT*???!?!? :cry:

You need to install the Codecs first then the WMP. Dunno where you got your version from mine says Run first.exe and Run second.exe. That should cure your problem

br0ck13

loads in under 1 second in Vista Beta 2...

Inplode

To make it as clear as possible: Those members found to be requesting or sharing links to the leaked BETA will receive a warning level increase. Thank you

- bangbang023

how many of these are needed .. ive seen this 1 and adlest 2 more if people are the freaking stupid to ask for a link then they need to be removed

b0m8er

How difficult is this build to remove when official one comes out from MS?

How difficult is this build to remove when official one comes out from MS?

HoochieMamma

This one people are touting in this thread couldn't be the actual final is it?

Jexel

um I'm guessing a later build will just install itself over the old one just like it does before.

b0m8er

um I'm guessing a later build will just install itself over the old one just like it does before.

It doesn't work with IE7 beta this way, you have to uninstall everytime you install new build.. So I'm just wondering... :shiftyninja: