Vista Build 5472 To Be Released This Weekend

One thing... stop guessing build numbers people... It's really dumb. :huh:

So what if people want to guess build numbers...it's not hurting you any, so why do you care? Personally, I just think that your comment was dumb, but that's just me :rolleyes:

I think this screenshot is not supposed to be posted here.... :shiftyninja:

I think it will be this one :)

5474.png

5474 !!!!

The visual elements are getting even more polished by looking at that build, tho it would be cool if Aero was like the start menu - with the black, not just transparent.

Radish?

So what if people want to guess build numbers...it's not hurting you any, so why do you care? Personally, I just think that your comment was dumb, but that's just me :rolleyes:

i think it's pretty dumb too...

posting guesses of a build just fills the thread with completely useless posts. so basically i have to scan each message for a split second before realizing it's mindless talk from really bored ppl and then scroll down hoping the next post will actually have some worthwhile discussion/info. my 2 cents

wasnt this in RC1 branch? because microsoft said 5400 builds are of RC1 branch

i am sayin ...because they havent edited windows beta 2 thing in bottom right corner into RC1

of which build? 5472? because Paul Donnelly was using 5472.4 as of yesterday morning. Unless they chose a different build to release...

Of 5472.

i think it's pretty dumb too...

posting guesses of a build just fills the thread with completely useless posts. so basically i have to scan each message for a split second before realizing it's mindless talk from really bored ppl and then scroll down hoping the next post will actually have some worthwhile discussion/info. my 2 cents

I agree that those kinds of posts are (usually) useless, but we all do have the right (well, it's a privilege) to post what we want as long as it's within the rules and ontopic. On that note, I really think that we shouln't take this any further, as it's getting more and more offtopic.

But...

These boards have seemed really dead lately, though. Can you really blame anyone for just wanting to stir up some kind of discussion? And really, if you're getting annoyed by the occasional (and usually short) post that you feel isn't relevant, then you need to work on your patience and... ego. This thread is about a build that is to be released, and since nobody knows for sure which build that is (no build was even officially confirmed to be released from Paul or Wendy, for that matter, so I don't know where you all got 5472 from other than that it's been talked about in the newsgroups...), it is ontopic to discuss this.

/offtopic :whistle:

^ I personally don't see much difference between the screenshot above and beta 2 (apart from the build number)

Um...well there's some new icons :p actually, it was posted in the newsgroups to show someone who was inquiring about a bug that it was fixed (there used to be black all around the search box), just in case you're not a BT or go to the NGs often. Oh, and it shows the new shutdown/lock/flyout buttons...

I think it will be this one :)

5474 !!!!

Um...why? :p The latest build I've seen anyway is 5477. But really, it's likely going to be 5472, because they've compiled it at least 5 times now...they only do this with builds they're going to release (or demo?), AFAIK

wasnt this in RC1 branch? because microsoft said 5400 builds are of RC1 branch

i am sayin ...because they havent edited windows beta 2 thing in bottom right corner into RC1

54xx is the RC1 branch. My guess is we just have more important things to do than change that string =P

Don't have any build installed right now. I'm really disappointed in Vista. Longhorn looked really good back in 2004 but Vista is just so bloated and for what a couple of new features and some lame effects. Microsoft seems to have no imagination.

Oh well I suppose by 2010 I will be forced to run Vista, maybe by then it will be better.

Don't have any build installed right now. I'm really disappointed in Vista. Longhorn looked really good back in 2004 but Vista is just so bloated and for what a couple of new features and some lame effects. Microsoft seems to have no imagination.

Oh well I suppose by 2010 I will be forced to run Vista, maybe by then it will be better.

I was really looking forward to a fresh new build this weekend. I guess it's not happening this weekend. :/

Interesting thing is, if a Microsoft person posts with a .x build its normally a hint that a build is being prepared for beta testers. :)

Dont have anything good to say then dont post!!

Dont have anything good to say then dont post!!

look, I don't really agree with him either, but as I said before, as long as what he says are within the rules, and is ontopic, then he has the right (privilege...) to state his opinion. I think you should take a good, hard look at your own post if you're going ot be that way :rolleyes:

sorry :) i wasnt trying to be mean or anything im just sick of people posting that stuff. BTW does it look like they have added more transparency to the start menu and taskbar?