Vista Build 5472 To Be Released This Weekend

I still use 5384, is 5456 better?

5456 is better than Beta 2 (5384), yes. It boots quicker, performance is generally quite a bit better too. There are some bugs in 5456 though, so if I were you I'd probably just upgrade to 5472 now instead.

Yeah, it went back for a re-design - but its coming back! :) And in its new form, it blows the old iteration to bits; both design-wise and functionality-wise.

Thanks for the info. I really liked the way it was, and i'm glad that it is getting better :)

Anyone know if you can use this release with a Public Beta key?

Unless, they've suddenly changed anything. I think all keys will continue to work up until RTM (that way people with activated beta 2's get some kind of special bonus with RC1 or something ;)).

5472 is smokin' fast.

The install was so damn fast. I wasn't keeping track but it couldn't have been more then 20-25 minutes.

5472 itself is very fast. It feels very much like a final OS, which is should be at this point. I'd have to problem running 5472 as a main OS.

Does anyone know if they fixed the bug where you type: indexing into the start menu search box and press enter to access the applet, and nothing happens?

If you search for a document in the start menu does it still always highlight search the computer (it's been doing it since 5456 :()?

Are the rating still the same when you use a 855 GME chipset?

Have they changed the turn Windows features on or off dialog?

Edited by Evolution

By any chance, would you be able to install 5472 over Beta 2 through means of upgrading and not reformatting and starting fresh?

By any chance, would you be able to install 5472 over Beta 2 through means of upgrading and not reformatting and starting fresh?

That is a supported upgrade path.

i signed up during beta 2 and got a key? im i a tester? can i download this build? thanks for the help.

Beta 2 was a public beta, you need to be a Technical/MSDN/TAP tester to get the new build.

Better off waiting till RC1 arrives.

Radish?

kinda off topic, but I was wondering if this was in the last build?? Taskman has translucency when you right click on the taskbar button...kinda cool, but I don't think it's really very useful. :p

Taskman.png

This is, i think, at 40%, but you can go from 20% to 100% in increments on 20...fyi

Beta 2 was a public beta, you need to be a Technical/MSDN/TAP tester to get the new build.

Better off waiting till RC1 arrives.

Radish?

Are u 100% sure that Beta 2 testers can't use their keys to access 5472? Has anybody tried?

Are u 100% sure that Beta 2 testers can't use their keys to access 5472? Has anybody tried?

I don't even see Vista anywhere on the Microsoft Connect list even if I'm logged in to my account associated with my .NET Passport (in which I registered and got my Beta 2 CD key). And when I click on a link that leads to the download, it says, "Page not found or you don't have permission to view it." :unsure: So I'm guessing it is.

there's nothing to try - it will not work.

Yeah, CPP "members" are not going to be getting this drop; its pretty much an understood, however, that the final RC1-milestone build will be released through this channel (along with the "usuals", of course.)