Vista Build 5472 To Be Released This Weekend

If someone has this installed already, since i cant get it to install it to tonight. Can someone tell me if AIM 5.9 works.

What about some screenshots too :)

Does RC1 release has problem with winamp while playing xvid files?

what RC1?

this is 5472. that's it :blink: some guys just finished downloading it. screenshots should be showing up in a little :)

If someone has this installed already, since i cant get it to install it to tonight. Can someone tell me if AIM 5.9 works.

HA! The priorities.

The new setup icon makes me wonder if Vista will be shipped in those new DVD style cases that they have been using lately.

Show an image?

I just went to connect to check if the build was there and got this.

"The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

If this error continues, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 259ece89-e2c2-44a6-808a-405d76d8a1ec"

It's coming! :laugh:

You can navigate around this and just go straight to downloads (on the left), although I belive it's gone now :)

Has anyone tried carrying over the scap metal basic theme from 5456 or another build to see if it'll work in 5472 :) ? Personally I prefer Scap Metal over the new one, at least from seeing the screenshots.

I think they got rid of it for now because there were problems with it. But if it doesn't appear in RTM, you can be sure that someone else will recreate it... :yes:

Yeah, it went back for a re-design - but its coming back! :) And in its new form, it blows the old iteration to bits; both design-wise and functionality-wise.

Did they patch InkBall so that I can actually see my mouse pointer now? :p

actually they has patched the mouse pointer problem in the previously released build (i.e. build 5456) :cool:

---

Edited by kupang

Can anyone provide a small review on what has changed? (assuming you have used it)

I'm still on 5456 so I haven't used it. But from what I read, the main difference is performance. It is a lot more optimised now ... and should be quite useable on a system with 512MB RAM.

I just hope the boot time can be reduced drastically.

Huh? My boot times in 5456 are very good, boots quicker than XP.

I just hope a few of the silly bugs are fixed in this new build. I suppose I'll download it and see when I could be bothered.