Vista Build 5472 To Be Released This Weekend

Well, Beta2 serial worked on 5456.

your serial will work if you can get an image of 5472, but you can't use your connect login to download the image...that's what he means...hope this clarifies things...

your serial will work if you can get an image of 5472, but you can't use your connect login to download the image...that's what he means...hope this clarifies things...

ya that's fine, I can just download it via Bittorrent or something, and then I can use my Open Beta key to acitvate 5472 right?

ya that's fine, I can just download it via Bittorrent or something, and then I can use my Open Beta key to acitvate 5472 right?

well regardless of the source of the image, the key will work...that said, connect is the only way to legally obtain this build...I cannot advise or recommend taking other routes for obvious reasons....

well regardless of the source of the image, the key will work...that said, connect is the only way to legally obtain this build...I cannot advise or recommend taking other routes for obvious reasons....

this is true, although get it legally :D

So I decided to run the WinSAT Aurora assessment. They've added quite a bit of glow to it this time around, lol. Just thought I'd let you guys know, and for anybody who has wanted a screenie of it to use as a wallpaper, there you go. :).

[The first shot below is from 5365 , as to my knowledge, the only changes between this one and that featured in 5381, 5384, and 5456, was the [ugly] gray space for the loading bar that was used once; when the assessments were run on the initial boot-up.]

53xx + 5456

auroraxn3.th.png

aurora5472yj1.th.png

Does anyone know if download Managers work with the Connect site? :unsure:

Im currently Downloading using Microsoft File Transfer Manager and the connection keeps dropping.

Not getting any Faster than 15KB and I'm on a 1Mb coneection. :crazy:

Does anyone know if download Managers work with the Connect site? :unsure:

Im currently Downloading using Microsoft File Transfer Manager and the connection keeps dropping.

Not getting any Faster than 15KB and I'm on a 1Mb coneection. :crazy:

no clue...i've never had a problem with the MS FTM so i've always used that...never tried another download mgr

Make sure you choose the location closest to you (USA - Redmond, Europe - Dublin, Asia - Singapore). Some people tend to overlook this one...

Hi,

I was wondering does RC1 mean Real Copy 1. And will this RC1 be available for the public to download of microsofts website.

If so does anyone know a release date for this

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering does RC1 mean Real Copy 1. And will this RC1 be available for the public to download of microsofts website.

If so does anyone know a release date for this

Thanks

Release Candidate 1

Thanks, does that mean its the 1st Real Release by Microsoft before the actual real version of vista.

And does RC1 mean that its not a Beta Version

Thanks, does that mean its the 1st Real Release by Microsoft before the actual real version of vista.

And does RC1 mean that its not a Beta Version

No, not really an RC is sort of in between, its not quite beta but its also not quite a final version.

ok, thanks for the info

One more thing do you know if it is going to be released to the public, available to download from Microsoft website.

And does anyone know the release date??

Cheers

i'm pretty sure that RC stands for Release Candidate.

on a side note, i like Aero Basic so much that I use it over Aero glass now. That flashiness isn't for everyone! Live previews in the taskbar just annoy me and the motion of windows maximizing and minimizing makes me slightly ill. the team who created the new aero basic rules!

ok, thanks for the info

One more thing do you know if it is going to be released to the public, available to download from Microsoft website.

And does anyone know the release date??

Cheers

No release date as such, but they are well ahead of 'schedule' atm. The last two builds have been lightyears better than beta2.

RC1 will be sent to anyone who ordered Beta2 discs on CPP and should be available for Public Download aswell.

Chris

i'm pretty sure that RC stands for Release Candidate.

on a side note, i like Aero Basic so much that I use it over Aero glass now. That flashiness isn't for everyone! Live previews in the taskbar just annoy me and the motion of windows maximizing and minimizing makes me slightly ill. the team who created the new aero basic rules!

I think the basic skin needs to be more like Aero with the close, mimize and maxamize buttons. but with out the other eye candy.