Vista Build 5472 To Be Released This Weekend

Any news on if this will be released?

Its coming. Quite soon, in fact. Just be patient, and who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised as to when it comes. But certainly don't spend hours waiting for it, instead, find some time to brush up on things besides an operating system :p

Edited by aeden_p

:p Im using vista as a default OS atm. A new build would be nice as an error i had says it will be fixed in the next release.

There wont be a public release most likely ever again. They might decide to give out another Beta to the public a month or two before the official release, but dont expect anything. Windows Vista has over 10,000 testers (Or was itover 25,000?), and thats well plenty to get alot of the bugs out. Well see how It goes.

Also, this build is a pre-release (I guess Ill call it that...) of RC1. It is a build to make sure most bugs have been taken out of the build, and most bugs arent really visible to the human eye. If there are bugs, they will eventually be fixed in RC1 or a later build. Got to remember this isnt final so...

RC1 is a public release. Can't be bothered with long reply. And havent read past this in thread.

Apologies if inapropriate. Will catch up soon.. just back from holiday :)

Chris

Hmm.... That was an internal test build. I would say within the next week or so we should see a testers build depending upon how happy they are with that build.

However, an internal build does not mean necessarily a testers build.

Also... to people that activated their Beta 2... there are certain *advantages* ;)

Chris

Well since it's deep into sunday, I guess it's not coming this weekend. But you never know ;) We just have to wait.

um...I believe that most MS people are off on Sunday (and Saturday?), and Wendy said that she was going kayaking or something on Saturday. Of course, she could have been joking but I don't think that they're have been any posts from Wendy or Paul (or any other MS employee) all weekend...

I guess I waited all weekend and ... nothing :(

Looks like that Microsoft exec that was promising a new build didn't know what he was in for.

It's only Sunday, 3:52PM PDT. There's plenty of time for them to release it still. Plus, it is always possible that they found problems with this build and decided not to release it. I'm sure we'll live without a new build this weekend ;)

It's only Sunday, 3:52PM PDT. There's plenty of time for them to release it still. Plus, it is always possible that they found problems with this build and decided not to release it. I'm sure we'll live without a new build this weekend ;)

I dont recall reading anywhere where Bill Gates said there would be a release this weekend...

Geez, man. get a life..

I gotta believe people have better things to do on their weekends than sit by their computers and wait for a beta operating system to put out a new release...

I dont recall reading anywhere where Bill Gates said there would be a release this weekend...

Geez, man. get a life..

I gotta believe people have better things to do on their weekends than sit by their computers and wait for a beta operating system to put out a new release...

:blink: First off, where did I say anything about Bill Gates? Secondly, who are you telling to get a life? Why do people even make comments like that. If you don't have an answer for the question, why post and waist our time?

They didn't "miss their mark"; they're still on schedule. Remember that they never calimed it would be coming "this weekend", all that was said in the original story was that it would come in the "next few days". And they're keeping to that schedule. Give it some time, and yeah.

Looks like it will be 5472, as if we didn't know that. :p It should also be released today, or possibly tomorrow, as the sdk that requires this build is already out.

IMPORTANT: This version of the Microsoft Windows SDK is intended to support development targeting the following release:

.NET Framework 3.0 July CTP

Windows Vista build 5472

Link

There's been so many new releases, and ever since i got 5342 a long time ago, it doesn't really look any different. I don't know much about Vista, but don't all the versions run, look, and feel the same?

It doesn't matter how it looks. I'm interested in the performance and how stable the build is going to be. I'm very suprised of a release today or tomorrow :) Let's wait and see. I love any new build of Vista.

i hope autoupdate on the old build lets you update to the new one

No, it won't be pushed out as a simple update, though with that said, it *may* be possible to upgrade from interim to interim by performing an "Upgrade Installation". Key word is "possible", which is not the same as "recommended" (for obvious reasons, upgrading from build-to-build could lead to further complications than what's to be "expected".)