NCAA Football Discussion

The irony here, when either OSU or Michigan loses when they play...the loser still may be #2 in the BCS...

That will be quite a scenario, considering you have teams like West Virginia that are still undefeated.

Im actually hoping a team like WV gets to play in the title game against ohio state or michigan. Just like Notre Dame last year, they will get slapped silly back down to earth, and realize they are not **** compared to the rest of the top 10.

If you're going to try to put a 1-AA team on your schedule, and have TWO bye weeks dont expect anyone to give you any credit, not to mention you already play in a conference that shouldnt even be considered a major one.

Im actually hoping a team like WV gets to play in the title game against ohio state or michigan. Just like Notre Dame last year, they will get slapped silly back down to earth, and realize they are not **** compared to the rest of the top 10.

Wait.. didn't OSU struggle against Cincinatti in the first half? OH YEAH THEY DID. They even trailed.

Dude, OSU hasn't beaten anyone this year. Colt McCoy choked in his first real game, which would be expected for him.

You can't say anything about how great OSU is until you play Michigan. I think you'll win, but seriously.. you aren't playing Wisconsin and that would be the second legit win you need for me to think OSU is amazing and unbeatable.

WVU has blown everyone out on the schedule so far. Louisville will be the first good game. Rutgers will be another. Neither seem threatening to our road to the title though (I really wish Michael Bush was still playing.. be an even better game then).

For the record - I rooted for OSU last year. I hate Notre Dame.

If you're going to try to put a 1-AA team on your schedule, and have TWO bye weeks dont expect anyone to give you any credit, not to mention you already play in a conference that shouldnt even be considered a major one.

It shouldn't be considered a major one? Last time I checked they have 2 teams in the top 5 and another one in the top 15 with another one that goes in and out of the top 25. The conference that is overrated is the ACC with 3-4 teams just barely getting into the top 20-25 polls this week. Miami and Florida St. are embarrassments to the ACC.

WOW... shockz and hulkachopblocker are both from Ohio? where from? let me know!

OSU is typical from year to year. every single year we have these "flashy" plays that gets points on the board. we have consistent short throws that gets first downs. when you look at Michigan, for example, they have the "brute force" that a college football team needs. OSU doesnt have that. MI will kill OSU w/ their brute force. my only hope is that OSU realizes this before the game.

any other Ohio natives here? post post post!

@ bsommer - Columbus.... right by the OSU airport (Y)

Just about exactly what I say about Michigan every year! Going to be a killer game if one of those schools doesn't do something really retarded before then, which they're BOTH known to do also!

It shouldn't be considered a major one? Last time I checked they have 2 teams in the top 5 and another one in the top 15 with another one that goes in and out of the top 25. The conference that is overrated is the ACC with 3-4 teams just barely getting into the top 20-25 polls this week. Miami and Florida St. are embarrassments to the ACC.

The Big 10 has three ranked, and one of them doesn't play either team this year. How convenient for their rankings to stay in tact.

Yes. #1 and #2. Both of which are head and shoulders above the rest of the NCAA.

I don't know about that. They haven't been consistent week in and week out and you know what happens when that is the trend? You lose like USC did to Oregon St. They had too many in and out games and they got torched for one this past weekend.

Will mich will teach Ohio how to play the game.remember Mich is NO#1 in Offence,and NO#2 In Defenace

Where did you get that from? I'm a die hard michigan fan but saying they are the #1 offense is just stupid. They are far from it. They scored 17 points against Northwestern and you think they have the #1 offense?

OSU scored 40+ again MN (which MI couldn't do).

I don't know about that. They haven't been consistent week in and week out and you know what happens when that is the trend? You lose like USC did to Oregon St. They had too many in and out games and they got torched for one this past weekend.

I just dont get it. How can one single person say so many stupid and wrong things.

Ok now show me all this inconsistency

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob/schedule

Let me guess beating the defending national champs at their stadium by 17 points wasnt "good" enough for you. You keep trying to discredit Ohio State, and you FAIL every single damn time.

I just dont get it. How can one single person say so many stupid and wrong things.

Ok now show me all this inconsistency

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob/schedule

Let me guess beating the defending national champs at their stadium by 17 points wasnt "good" enough for you. You keep trying to discredit Ohio State, and you FAIL every single damn time.

You still bring that win over Texas up?

Lets review:

1) Texas is nobody without Vince Young whether it be this year or last year.

2) Texas lost nearly all of their starting defense.

3) That was McCoy's first big game of his career and as expected, he didn't do much, aka choked

4) You guys beat 2 ranked teams after Texas.

a) Penn St. is in the same boat as Texas. Without Robinson, Penn St. does not have that punch and danger as they had last year. It was expected that this would be easy for Ohio St.

b) Iowa? Iowa is a joke and they showed that by losing to Indiana and struggling against N. Illinois.

5) The only decent team that you will face that is actually any good is Michigan and we will see the outcome of that.

you guys realize that, if everything goes to plan the next two weeks, we will get to witness the biggest game in the history of college football? hulk's trying to bring the espn forums to neowin i see.... ;)

keep the trash talk coming. keep saying how invinceable osu is. keep saying how much better their offense is. keep saying that their defense is equal if not better. might as well guarantee the OSU win right now. might as well not even play the game, thats how far ahead of everybody osu is. ahh...reminds me of 1996...

you guys realize that, if everything goes to plan the next two weeks, we will get to witness the biggest game in the history of college football? hulk's trying to bring the espn forums to neowin i see.... ;)

keep the trash talk coming. keep saying how invinceable osu is. keep saying how much better their offense is. keep saying that their defense is equal if not better. might as well guarantee the OSU win right now. might as well not even play the game, thats how far ahead of everybody osu is. ahh...reminds me of 1996...

I am not not saying that at all. All im trying to point out is that L3thal is going out of his way to try to prove that ohio state AND michigan are not any good. Which their is no denying the fact they are BOTH good, but for some reason he thinks a team that plays in a weak conference and plays 1-AA teams is better then both of them. And that is besides the fact that he has nothing to back up anything he says.

i wasn't saying you were saying, mostly hulkachop. he does the same thing on the espn forums. i read through 29 pages of "the game" thread on espn last night. out of about 50 people who predicted scores, i would say 40 of em were buckeye fans predicting a buckeye blowout. the other 10 were michigan fans predicting a close win. osu fans definitely talk more trash BEFORE the game. i like to save mine for after. osu and um are clearly the strongest two teams right now. wvu may be good, but with the schedule they chose to play, we may never know the truth. things will be a lot clearer in the BE in a couple of days.

in 1995 and 1996, OSU came in as #2 and lost both times. many times mich has gone in ranked higher, and lost. that is the thing many younger fans of the rivalry fail to understand. you can have the highest powered offense, the best defense, and the other team might have a bunch of scrubs. but when it comes time to play this game, crazy things happen. people that aren't supposed to make plays, make big ones. people that are supposed to make the big plays, choke. NOTHING is guaranteed in this game. and yes, i know mr. sweater vest has two in a row on us, but our coaching staff isn't quite the same as it was last year. so don't get caught up in believing that.

Edited by BroChaos

I am not not saying that at all. All im trying to point out is that L3thal is going out of his way to try to prove that ohio state AND michigan are not any good. Which their is no denying the fact they are BOTH good, but for some reason he thinks a team that plays in a weak conference and plays 1-AA teams is better then both of them. And that is besides the fact that he has nothing to back up anything he says.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I have only stated that OSU has played no competition this year and their only match will be UM. There has never been a time that I talked bad about Michigan because in all fairness, they have played better teams than OSU has.

A weak conference? Last time I checked, the Big East has 3 teams in the top 15 and this is after they were accused of being a "weak" conference.

Why are you even bringing up games they have played against 1-AA teams? Most of the SEC teams have played 1-AA teams this year but I do not see you talk trash about them. You are trying to make a point and trying to make me look bad but you are failing at that task.

Now go back to watching OSU blow out mediocre teams.

ok, it's official. UL and WVU have NO DEFENSE. the big east is WEAK. this game is a joke.

actually, i don't even know why i even gave wvu a chance. they have beaten ONE, repeat ONE team with a winning record. their schedule is a joke.

I never will understand why, after ONE win against Georgia in a bowl game, that the entire country decides WVU is a national title contender.

Go Rutgers. Go Michigan.

GO GATORS.

ok, it's official. UL and WVU have NO DEFENSE. the big east is WEAK. this game is a joke.

actually, i don't even know why i even gave wvu a chance. they have beaten ONE, repeat ONE team with a winning record. their schedule is a joke.

seriously? you're dealing with the two most potent offenses in the nation. we just committed too many turnovers to win a game like this.

i give you though that our defense was a joke this game. terrible showing.