NCAA Football Discussion

seriously? you're dealing with the two most potent offenses in the nation. we just committed too many turnovers to win a game like this.

i give you though that our defense was a joke this game. terrible showing.

honestly, after tonight, and after looking at your schedule, yes slaton and white have talent, but they wouldn't do 1/3 of the damage they do playing against decent teams. you've played one team with a winning record. you better put up big yards on them. does it mean your offense is good tho? no.

honestly, after tonight, and after looking at your schedule, yes slaton and white have talent, but they wouldn't do 1/3 of the damage they do playing against decent teams. you've played one team with a winning record. you better put up big yards on them. does it mean your offense is good tho? no.

09/02 Vanderbilt W 27-7

09/09 C Michigan W 41-17

09/16 at #2 N Dame W 47-21

09/23 Wisconsin W 27-13

09/30 at Minnesota W 28-14

10/07 Mich St W 31-13

10/14 at Penn State W 17-10

10/21 Iowa W 20-6

10/28 N'western W 17-3

Props to beating ND and Wisconsin. Penn St is having an off year but get credit for being in the Big 10. Iowa was overranked. The only difference between Michigan and WVU/UL is that their defense is much better. UL/WVU's offense would outscore any other consistently (except maybe tOSU). Sorry if you failed to see the same game I saw last night. Poor defense or not, you can't deny the fact that these are scholarship D1 players and huge programs that are getting rolled over by great backs or blown away by amazing speed.

Louisville can run the table now, but I don't think they will beat OSU in the title game. Their defense isn't going to cut it unless they make major adjustments.

btw, you happen to catch the sugar bowl last year? georgia was a 'decent' team and both slaton and white had amazing games. coincidence? hardly. our defense is composed mostly of freshmen and sophomores, so our wins this year look less spectacular than advertised.

louisville will not go to the title game, even if they run the table. and deservedly so. they aren't a championship caliber team. the only reason i'd want them to go is so they can get destroyed, and then we will never have to listen to how "good the big east really is" again.

WVU's schedule:

Marshall 3-5

Eastern Washington 2-7

Maryland 6-2

East Carolina 4-4

Mississippi St. 2-7

Syracuse 3-6

Connecticut 3-5

Louisville 8-0 (LOST)

the teams you beat have a combined record of 23-36. again, any decent qb and rb would be able to put up similar numbers against that competition.

personally, i wish we could see WVU/UL's offense in a real conference, playing competitive, physical teams week in and week out. they would get pounded in the big 10 or sec.

just for comparison, ohio states competition is 46-35.

just for comparison, ohio states competition is 46-35.

But wait, according to certain people, Ohio State hasnt played anyone, that stat HAS to be wrong. Their is no way Ohio State has played teams that average a winning record.

But wait, according to certain people, Ohio State hasnt played anyone, that stat HAS to be wrong. Their is no way Ohio State has played teams that average a winning record.

Yea, nice game you guys had today against a team that:

1) Got shut out by Rutgers 33-0

2) Lost to Syracuse (who hadn't won a game in about 16 games, e.g 1 1/2 years)

3) Lost to Indiana

4) Is last place in the Big 10

5) Lost to every Big East team in their schedule, the conference you think blows.

:whistle:

Yeah, WV came back down to earth....where they belong, actually. They've been overrated all year long. Louisville will lose to Rutgers, and Rutgers will lose to WVU. Then Michigan/OSU will still play for the Nat. Championchip, no matter what the outcome of the OSU M game is.

WVU choked. Our defense isn't that good, but they played miserable that game. Our pass defense really laid down and never showed any signs of stopping the pass. The run defense really didn't show up either and we are usually really good against the run. All this "WVU is overrated" talk is outrageous. I've never denied the SOS was weak, but what can you do? We got royally screwed with our scheduling and couldn't pick up any good teams. Last year was our 'rebuilding' year and I can see why they'd schedule a little lighter if possible and we ended up being awesome (final game vs Georgia wasn't cupcake). WVU can still go BCS, even if Louisville doesn't lose.

Also, Michigan and OSU will not play in the title game. The voters will not vote for a rematch unless it is a five overtime instant classic. I still don't think it would happen after that.

the teams you beat have a combined record of 23-36. again, any decent qb and rb would be able to put up similar numbers against that competition.

10/1 Virginia Tech L 34-17 11 90 8.2 44 0 2 12 6.0 7 0 0 0

10/15 Louisville W 46-44 (OT) 31 188 6.1 26 5 3 20 6.7 14 1 0 0

Nokia Sugar Bowl @Georgia W 38-35 26 204 7.8 52 3 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0

Three best teams we faced last year and Slaton averaged over 6 yards/carry each game. Man, if only he had faced better teams. Oh yeah, thats right.. they were all ranked when we played them too. Anything else?

The team is legit, whether or not they play every team ranked 1-10. I look forward to picking up Auburn (I forget what year it is). The Michigan State pickup looks like trash now.

2 for 2 so far. ;)

I figured that would happen too. I was at the movies (the girl demanded we see "Santa Clause 3".. tonight of all nights). Crazy that they held UL to 0 points in the second half. UL can only win big home games. They let WVU come back last year @ WVU and let Rutgers come back on them big this year. They can't win on the road. WVU choked that game. UGH.

No way Mich/OSU national championship happens. Its unfair to other one loss teams that are better than the loser of that game. What will be interesting is how that team is picked. What would be even better is if both OSU and Michigan lost a game before the end of the season. The BCS would break itself.

Didn't Rutgers hold the nation's 2nd best offense to almost negative yards in the second half?

Last time I checked, the Big East had no defense :whistle:

They have defense, WVU's failed to show up (at all) and it wouldn't have showcased much considering you had two of the best offenses in the nation. ESPN had a good article about good offenses/bad defenses. Last years National Championship wasn't low scoring. Were the defenses horrendous or the offenses just unstoppable. I'd believe the latter, in both cases.

Didn't Rutgers hold the nation's 2nd best offense to almost negative yards in the second half?

Last time I checked, the Big East had no defense :whistle:

If I recall correctly, they went 3 and out in all their 2nd half plays. Actually, 4 went in for negative yardage. Ouch!

If I recall correctly, they went 3 and out in all their 2nd half plays. Actually, 4 went in for negative yardage. Ouch!

Well, they had 1 first-down possession all second half long. I believe Rutgers proved to the nation that their 2nd ranked defense is for real.

Michigan will beat OSU on Nov.18th. OSU will drop back, and Michigan will play Florida in the Bowl Championship Game.

You better hope Florida gets past Steve Spurrier's team this weekend ;)

I agree. That's why Mich and OSU will play again.

I doubt it. The only way that may happen is if the final score of that game is by 1-3 points and that is even pushing it. If Michigan/OSU wins by a good margin, then the loser will drop to around 4th place, pulling it out of the title game (asuming the other 1-loss teams keep winning).

I doubt it. The only way that may happen is if the final score of that game is by 1-3 points and that is even pushing it. If Michigan/OSU wins by a good margin, then the loser will drop to around 4th place, pulling it out of the title game (asuming the other 1-loss teams keep winning).

The only real way it will happen is if everyone else chokes, which is possible. Even if it is by more then that th loser isnt going to be any worse then 5th. Since nobody in the bigten had a break this year, their season ends 1-2 weeks before most other teams. So their is a slight chance it could happen, unless its by a few touchdowns.

The only real way it will happen is if everyone else chokes, which is possible. Even if it is by more then that th loser isnt going to be any worse then 5th. Since nobody in the bigten had a break this year, their season ends 1-2 weeks before most other teams. So their is a slight chance it could happen, unless its by a few touchdowns.

You pretty much summarized my post :p