[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

hey nutter i know what you're saying but that's the point. yes if you find retro redundant then the 400 pointers are not for you.

get Zuma...picked it up this weekend and it's pretty nice. has the same weird mood as Hexic.

I love Zuma! I haven't played it in a while, but it can be addicting. The funny thing is that my mother introduced me to that game from playing it on the PC.

I have to say that I'm not really enjoying the retro games that are being offered, either. And I've played a lot of them in arcades when I was young. We need more games from at least the 8-bit era if not a bit more recent. I'd gladly pay 400 points for Sonic 2 or 800 points for Virtua Fighter 2 and probably 1600 points for NiGHTS Into Dreams if Sega would be so kind.

(eh, I think I revealed the old Sega fanboy in me :p)

dnast, 1600 points? hush up dude, you're giving them ideas for pete's sake!

Zuma's awesome but it is a tough game. i love the frog and the way they chant "Zuma!". heh heh. sounds like your mom's pretty hip.

i'm good with the 400 point originals, we should see more from the mid to late 80's. now those were the days! and some Amiga games as well.

hey Nega, get ready the easy chair...

^ Haha...sorry. I've just been wanting to play NiGHTS again for quite some time, and I really do want to go out and buy a Saturn for that. As far as the 400 point originals - I don't mind them, it's just annoying when they come out with something like Ms. Pac Man and we're only getting 2 to 3 Arcade games released per month.

I've only played a few Amiga games, but that thing had amazing graphics back then. I remember one sword fighting game where you could go for the instant kill by chopping your opponent's head off. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world (I was a kid back then). I can't for the life of me think of its name, but I'd sure love to play that again. I'd like to see some Commodore 64 and Atari ST games on XBLA, too.

right on! you're either talking about Barbarian from Palace Software (remember how game publishers were all "software" this and that back then?) or Moonstone by Mindscape. funny you should mention them: the latter's supposed to be coming out on XBL!

Both C64 and Amiga were awesome. just between those two there's hundreds of gems worth diggin out.

i agree settling for one title like Ms. Pac Man a week or even bi-weekly isn't enough choice. they should ramp up the effort but then that's mucho bucks for them i'm sure.

I just played heavy weapon a few minutes ago. fun game. I decided to buy it when the trial ended.

My dad's been playing Heavy Weapon for quite a while on the computer. I never played it until I played this demo. Great fun. Will hopefully be buying it soon.

-Spenser

^^ All that was added were the packs for Lumines Live. It actually made me bite the bullet and download the original game. Despite its price, I don't regret it. I had a lot of fun playing it. And that new "skin" is pretty damned cool as well :D.

Microsoft announced incoming games for XBLA starting from February.

Alien Hominid HD,

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night,

Paperboy,

Root Beer Tapper,

Worms,

3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures,

Catan (previously known as Settlers of Catan)

Band of Bugs

Eets: Chowdown

Luxor 2

The last three are new. The Catan screen-shot looks promising.

Article at Gamespot

Microsoft announced incoming games for XBLA starting from February.

Alien Hominid HD,

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night,

Paperboy,

Root Beer Tapper,

Worms,

3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures,

Catan (previously known as Settlers of Catan)

Band of Bugs

Eets: Chowdown

Luxor 2

The last three are new. The Catan screen-shot looks promising.

Article at Gamespot

So what should we expect for tomorrow? Maybe nothing. :/

with the exception of paperboy i dont feel ike any of those. castle crashers again...

EDIT: come to think of it, maybe Luxor 2 will be a nice addition to HexicHD and Zuma.

I don't like it when new arcade games come out... I buy them straight away.. lol :p

Is there anyway to get certain stuff from different regions? I've noticed there is a pack for Saints Row for the UK people, but its not on my list...

Anyways!

Oh, I forgot one more thing...

COMMANDER KEEN!!!