[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

commander keen was a wuss heh heh how about captain blood?

didn't know arcade was multi-regional. that's an interesting concept but annoying just like all the other regional lockouts.

yeah, kudos to MS for the great tastin non-alkie suds and superb choice of arcade titles!

TMNT Arcade - 1989 Konami

tmntscreenshotgg4.png

The Simpsons Arcade - 1991 Konami

simpsonsarcadescreenshoof2.png

X-Men Arcade - 1992 Konami

xmenarcadescreenshotyy3.png

these have all been confirmed broke down by genre...

title - release - cost

Action Arcade..

Heavy Weapon - TBA 2007 - 800

Mutant Storm Empire - TBA 2007 - TBA

Pinball FX - TBA 2007 - TBA

Alien Hominid - TBA 2007 - TBA

Street Trace NYC - TBA 2007 - 1,200

Megaforce - TBA 2007 - TBA

Toyota Yaris Game - TBA 2007 - Free

Mad Tracks - Q1 2007 - 800

3D Ultra Minigolf - Q1 2007 - TBA

Castle Crashers - Feb 2007 - TBA

War World - Mid 2007 - TBA

ToW (Working Title) - Q3 2007 - TBA

HoopWorld - TBA 2007 - 800

Battlestar Galactica - TBA 2007 - TBA

Space Giraffe - TBA 2007 - TBA

Crash Dummy Vs the Evil D-Troit - TBA 2007 - TBA

Coin-Op Classics

Gyruss - TBA 2007 - 400

Paperboy - TBA 2007 - 400

Cyberball - TBA 2007 - TBA

Root Beer Tapper - TBA 2007 - TBA

Ms. Pac-Man - TBA 2007 - TBA

Sonic the Hedgehog High Speed - TBA 2007 - TBA

Track & Field - TBA 2007 - TBA

Super Contra - TBA 2007 - TBA

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Q1 2007 - TBA

Centipede/Millipede - Early 2007 - TBA

Battlezone - Early 2007 - TBA

Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe - Early 2007 - TBA

Missile Command - Early 2007 - TBA

Tempest - Early 2007 - TBA

Warlords - Early 2007 - TBA

Double Dragon - TBA 2007 - TBA

Red Baron - TBA 2007 - TBA

Sensible World of Soccer - TBA 2007 - TBA

Fatal Fury Special - TBA - TBA

Metal Slug - TBA - TBA

Rush'n Attack - TBA - TBA

Coming soon to XBLA...

FINAL FANTASY I, II, III, VI, V and VI. :drool: :shiftyninja:

I feel like a dummy asking this, but is this true or confirmed?

we need some new bar sports games. whats the point of having the category if you're only gonna put one game in it. something like darts, ping pong, foosball....will make me happy.

+1

or a crappy football game not good enough to be a retail game but a fun knock about

Microsoft sent out word that Paperboy will stand in as this week's Xbox Live Arcade release. The classic bike riding hero from the days of yesteryear will return this Wednesday, February 14 at 9 AM GMT (1 AM PST) and can be downloaded worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points ($5 USD).

source

not bad, not bad! i lika the paperboy!

I absolutely love Paperboy. I was just playing it the other day on my little cousins Gameboy and thinking how I could not wait until it hit XBLA. Sweet it is actually this week. Well, 400 points means already time to buy some new MS points as then they will be gone.

First off, really surprised to see Paperboy weighing in at 49 MB since the graphics are exact and so are the sounds (which the sounds are CLASSIC by the way).

Second off, everyone has those few games that no matter how simple they are you just cannot get the hang of them, and DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, this game is still as hard as it was back in the day when I played it at my local Deli. Seriously, I just truly suck at it. Now I am determined to get good at it.

I was also surprised to see it has CoOp, so if anyone else gets it let me know. (Y)

not you and the deli again heh heh. crap, it's just as hard? man, i forgot all about paperboy it's been so long. will be getting it tomorrow. any Live action haha?

also good to hear they kept it faithful to the original.

not you and the deli again heh heh. crap, it's just as hard? man, i forgot all about paperboy it's been so long. will be getting it tomorrow. any Live action haha?

also good to hear they kept it faithful to the original.

:rofl: I know I mention that Deli a lot, but seriously it was truly such a huge part of my younger years. It was only a block away from me, which that block was only 6 houses long, and they always had 4-5 arcade cabinets in the back of it and rotated them quite frequently. Not only that, but I was able to use a Quarter on a string on most of the machines for years. :woot: Then the owner caught me and I was banned for almost a year except to go in and buy the candy Now & Laters since they were right in front. No big deal, as I had an Arcade within bike riding distance, although it was a little risky going there as it was right by the projects. I only got robbed twice though out of all of the times I went there, so it was not all that bad. :pinch: The good old days of video games for sure, putting a Quarter on a machine and saying "I Got Next."

But definitely when you get it, we can hop on Live for sure. I have not tried the Live aspect yet and I am curious how the set it up, but the Single Player is 100% faithful.

for sure arcades were sometimes creepy back then. i had a guy try to hit on me a couple of times at a certain Wrigleyville location that's stay nameless at this juncture heh...yes, we had mostly a super good time, but then it was a hangout for all kinds of people. the old string trick? that deli guy wasn't too sharp if you got away with it for a year.

ok, let's talk again once we're both re-acquainted with the controls and stuff. any good achieves?