• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Puzzle Box 4

D-Cipher    0

CONGRATS!

Over 8,270 posts (including this one) for Vanishing Point Game Discussion!!!

WOW (Microsoft got what it wanted, us to say WOW) :)

D-Cipher    0

Lets also not forget about www.vanishingpointwiki.com !

They have assembled a great website for quick references...and put everything together in one piece! :)

THANKS GUYS

Rachelle    0

If you go to the final Lokiv page and type in Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, Ivy you get this message:

You are not the first to guess our identity, but because you solved our puzzle, we want to tell you our secret.

There is no such person as Loki—or rather, she is four sisters who decided to be one extraordinary person.

Each of us has a unique talent:

Lorelei is our tinkerer. Clocks and counting, space and time: she is our genius.

Odessa is our performer, our actress and magician, the girl we send in to dazzle and charm. Odessa goes to meetings: Loki gets promoted. It’s very convenient.

Kara is our reader. With a love of history and a photographic memory, she gives us access to any fact, figure, or event at a moment’s notice.

Ivy is our spy. She’s the girl you don’t notice, the face you don’t remember, and vanishing is what she does best. Ivy has gotten us out of more than one impossible situation.

Together, we have presented L.O.K.I. to the world. Our mask and super-hero, LOKI has allowed us each to be bigger than ourselves.

When we heard Microsoft and AMD were looking to give extraordinary prizes to exceptional people, we knew LOKI could never find a more perfect job. This, Odessa said, would be a trick we could never top. O, how we wanted this job! (And what clever, unfair, underhanded things we did to the other applicants to make sure we got it! But that’s another story.) And once we got the job, we all agreed that Loki’s greatest triumph would be her last.

We created the Vanishing Point to reward the smartest minds (and communities) on the planet – and still we underestimated you. We used our smarts and our guile, not to mention money and connections and countless hours of time—and still you humbled us. We knew the terrain and barely gave you a map—and that didn’t stop you. We built puzzles that should have taken you days and you solved them in hours.

“Loki” is a genius: but you were far more brilliant. You were thought made fire. You were lightning.

Thank you for your work, your talent, and your dedication. It has been a privilege to witness: an honor and a delight.

For each of us to live, Loki had to die. Thank you, thank you beyond words for taking her to the Vanishing Point.

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

So that is the correct answer, and it's the whole phrase, just typing IVY won't work, so congratulations to the winner, I guess it was easier then we all thought!

Edited by Rachelle

wbell    0
...?Loki? is a genius: but you were far more brillianYou were thought made fire. You were lightning...

From L.O.K.I.'s letter, what does the sentence, which I put in bold print, mean??

cglrcng    0
Strange, when i enter that answer, it says,

To be fair, this contest is over and i've already awarded the prize. But please pay closer attention, try again, and help me reach my own Vanishing Point.

-L.O.K.I.

Did you enter the commas and the spaces?

Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, Ivy

Try it like that above. You'll get the message. Congrat's to the winner. I was offtrack in China and off the coast of Libya chasing "TANLI" on "Mystery Spot" and stuck working so I never got to actually run down the additional clue of Mystery Spot, CA except to Izola, Missippi. Read the Hardee thread but ran out of time....They had it in the bag by then.

Great job Neowin.com, the Wiki Page maker & editor, and last, but not least UnFiction.com...Great communities you have though different from each other in many ways. Thanx for allowing me to participate you guys...What a great game!

From L.O.K.I.'s letter, what does the sentence, which I put in bold print, mean??

:huh:

Fast & Hot? It's over, give your mind a rest, the only prizes left are the drawn prizes.....There is no more puzzle....LOKI has Vanished!

Hawx's    0
Over 170 people contributed at least 3 posts! WOW!!!!!!!

What an AMAZING team we managed to put together here.

Kudos to all involved!

Ya, but that was just for Puzzle Box 4 I posted a lot in previous topics and just kind of sopped posting and used chat instead. :) I think it would be cool if someone took a census on all the puzzle boxes and the pregame stuff

Also if anyone gets a call today post it as soon as you do!

Tesseract4    0
Ah... so if I log out/in again I do get the new msgs... well done <whomever>!

So does anyone know if it was Tesseract4? (He was the first, AFAIK, to suggest the HEADRE > IVY link and put in his answer... at least on this forum... I assume he's not a she since he signs "Regis"... so don't shoot me for assuming a guy would win this thats not my angle!)

Whatever... it was very cool way to waste some life for a few days/weeks... ;)

Cheers and good luck to all!

I am a guy but Regis is not my name, that was a reference to "Who wants to be a millionaire."

At this point, I have not been notified so I assume that the wife of the guy who guessed it is the actual winner (yeah, my grapes are fully sour now :p ).

P_1    0

Did anyone win anything yet?

phxmimms    0
Did anyone win anything yet?

The Grand Prize will be awarded and the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Potential Winner?s local time) February 1, 2007 b>at the telephone number provided at time of entry.

garykagan    0

What if I gave a home number and I am at work? Do they allow a spouse to verify identity and take possession of a prize?

Bilboboy    0

Good work team!! Maybe we should keep the forum going and work on World Peace?! ;)

D-Cipher    0

GOT AN E-MAIL FROM LOKI!!!!!

Blah....its only the same messege as it is when you enter the ANSWER on LokiV page...that whole "we'll tell you a secret" thing!~ :( ...

I guess this is just to confirm that my a$$ didnt win any META puzzle :( lol

WELL CONGRATS TO ONES WHO DID

P.S. nOTICE...the e-mails started going out..so i guess winner should know!

garykagan    0

What if I gave a home number and I am at work? Do they allow a spouse to verify identity and take possession of a prize?

anyone know about this?

metallithrax    523

anyone know about this?

The world grinds to a halt as millions of nerds/geeks/techies phone in sick. :laugh:

vidiot    0

anyone know about this?

Read the Official Rules at the vanishingpointgame main page.

JanderNZ    0
Good work team!! Maybe we should keep the forum going and work on World Peace?! ;)

Hmm World Peace you say? Maybe the solution is an anagram!!!

Race plowed?

Are we cold p? That last one sounds like a reference to antartica. A conincidence? I THINK NOT! :whistle:

Edited by JanderNZ

ZoMb|E    0

i just got this e-mail from LOKI

Congratulations on a game well played, and thank you for helping us disappear.

You were not the first to guess our identity, but because you played our game, we want to tell you our secret.

There is no such person as Loki - or rather, she is four sisters who decided to be one extraordinary person.

Each of us has a unique talent:

Lorelei is our tinkerer. Clocks and counting, space and time: she is our genius.

Odessa is our performer, our actress and magician, the girl we send in to dazzle and charm. Odessa goes to meetings: Loki gets promoted. It's very convenient.

Kara is our reader. With a love of history and a photographic memory, she gives us access to any fact, figure, or event at a moment's notice.

Ivy is our spy. She's the girl you dont notice, the face you don't remember, and vanishing is what she does best. Ivy has gotten us out of more than one impossible situation.

Together, we have presented L.O.K.I. to the world. Our mask and super-hero, LOKI has allowed us each to be bigger than ourselves.

When we heard Microsoft and AMD were looking to give extraordinary prizes to exceptional people, we knew LOKI could never find a more perfect job. This, Odessa said, would be a trick we could never top. O, how we wanted this job! (And what clever, unfair, underhanded things we did to the other applicants to make sure we got it! But that's another story.) And once we got the job, we all agreed that Loki's greatest triumph would be her last.

We created the Vanishing Point to reward the smartest minds (and communities) on the planet - and still we underestimated you. We used our smarts and our guile, not to mention money and connections and countless hours of time - and still you humbled us. We knew the terrain and barely gave you a mapand that didn't stop you. We built puzzles that should have taken you days and you solved them in hours.

"Loki" is a genius: but you were far more brilliant. You were thought made fire. You were lightning.

Thank you for your work, your talent, and your dedication. It has been a privilege to witness: an honor and a delight.

For each of us to live, Loki had to die. Thank you, thank you beyond words for taking her to the Vanishing Point.

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

.... so comps over i put her name as Odessa in the box.. guessing her name.. but wasnt the first to do it as the e-mail said.. whoever did it must have done it fast.. i compleated the puzzels and got all the white box's about 3hs after my box 4 was open and enterd the name.. anyways meh dont no if anyones already posted this but if not thought some of you might want to see it.

D-Cipher    0

Thats the same one I got...the SUBJECT of that email is "FAREWELL"

sickboy932    0

More puzzles boxes found in Boston?

post-200054-1170276089_thumb.jpg

wbell    0
To receive name of the winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Windows Vista ?Vanishing Point? Winners

P.O. Box 716

Sayreville, NJ 08871-07Winners List will also be posted online at http://www.vanishingpointgame.com fMarch 1 ? 30, 200707. Mail-in requests received after March 30, 2007 will be disregarded. Non-US residents may omit return postage.

Looks like we won't know, until at least March 1st, who the winners are.

wanderson75    0
Looks like we won't know, until at least March 1st, who the winners are.

:unsure:

That's why I posted the prizes thread! ^_^

P_1    0

So far two people have received emails... Did anyone else receive an email yet? I put in lorelei,odessa,kara,ivy like that exactly, but I have not gotten an email at all.

D-Cipher    0
So far two people have received emails... Did anyone else receive an email yet? I put in lorelei,odessa,kara,ivy like that exactly, but I have not gotten an email at all.

ONly people who answered correctly are getting those e-mails. You were supposed to cap each letter (first one) and put spaces between...like this "Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, Ivy" :) hope this helps

akitakoi    0

I entered the same with spaces in between and caps. :)

But not until Monday :(

I got the email :yes: