• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Puzzle Box 4

bver100    0
If Brillos wife did win, wouldn't this rule apply?

Limit one (1) Registration per person per household.

Not a sore loser...just...well....I was kinda hopin maybe I might win. :-)

per PERSON. he's okay

nuguy    0

Although I did not contribute much, had a hell of a time keeping up with much of the logic here while trying to solve as many puzzles I could without help. It was fun for me because when I did break down and look for answers posted here I would go back to see if I was even on track. Sometimes yes sometimes woaha what was I thinking.

I do appreciate your allowing me to hang out with you though. I'm going to finally spring for the final Myst game now. My detective juices are on after burn.

There are some really sharp minds in this fourm and I think that is the main reason I stayed around. I like the funny thing many of you said.

Peace and Luv and hope we can still be friends, blah, blah,blah.

Neowin ROCKS!

nuguy-

phoxphyre    0

You are not the first to guess our identity, but because you solved our puzzle, we want to tell you our secret.

There is no such person as Loki?or rather, she is four sisters who decided to be one extraordinary person. ?

Each of us has a unique talent:

Lorelei is our tinkerer. ?Clocks and counting, space and time: ?she is our genius. ?

Odessa is our performer, our actress and magician, the girl we send in to dazzle and charm. ?Odessa goes to meetings: ?Loki gets promoted. ?It?s very convenient. ?

Kara is our reader. ?With a love of history and a photographic memory, she gives us access to any fact, figure, or event at a moment?s notice.

Ivy is our spy. ?She?s the girl you don?t notice, the face you don?t remember, and vanishing is what she does best. ?Ivy has gotten us out of more than one impossible situation.

Together, we have presented L.O.K.I. to the world. ?Our mask and super-hero, LOKI has allowed us each to be bigger than ourselves.

When we heard Microsoft and AMD were looking to give extraordinary prizes to exceptional people, we knew LOKI could never find a more perfect job. ?This, Odessa said, would be a trick we could never top. ?O, how we wanted this job! ?(And what clever, unfair, underhanded things we did to the other applicants to make sure we got it! ?But that?s another story.) ?And once we got the job, we all agreed that Loki?s greatest triumph would be her last.

We created the Vanishing Point to reward the smartest minds (and communities) on the planet ? and still we underestimated you. ?We used our smarts and our guile, not to mention money and connections and countless hours of time?and still you humbled us. ?We knew the terrain and barely gave you a map?and that didn?t stop you. ?We built puzzles that should have taken you days and you solved them in hours. ?

?Loki? is a genius: ?but you were far more brilliant. ?You were thought made fire. ?You were lightning.

Thank you for your work, your talent, and your dedication. ?It has been a privilege to witness: ?an honor and a delight.

For each of us to live, Loki had to die. ?Thank you, thank you beyond words for taking her to the Vanishing Point.

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

cousinIT    0

Ahem. Working in a law office, that sort of legalese is generally interpreted as "Limit 1 registration per person and 1 registration per household." Otherwise the "per household" part becomes meaningless. Another interpretation is "Limit 1 registration per person and 1 registered person per household." That should pretty much mean Brilo has to give up his registration so his wife can have her prize.

I STILL don't think they would have changed the clues on the site if someone had already figured it out....

Did I mention OSDs yet?

EDIT: Oh, well, d@mn, I just posted and saw phoxphyre's post on the refresh. Way to go, ya'll!

SWAMMIE    0

So it was

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

Afterall....

Good Job NEOWINS!!

TempUserName    0

I'm kinda sad now that it's all over....

very interesting couple of weeks

RaisinCain    0

Anyone win?

VP Nut    0
You are not the first to guess our identity, but because you solved our puzzle, we want to tell you our secret.

There is no such person as Loki?or rather, she is four sisters who decided to be one extraordinary person. ?

Lorelei is our tinkerer. ?Clocks and counting, space and time: ?she is our genius. ?

Odessa is our performer, our actress and magician, the girl we send in to dazzle and charm. ?Odessa goes to meetings: ?Loki gets promoted. ?It?s very convenient. ?

Kara is our reader. ?With a love of history and a photographic memory, she gives us access to any fact, figure, or event at a moment?s notice.

Ivy is our spy. ?She?s the girl you don?t notice, the face you don?t remember, and vanishing is what she does best. ?Ivy has gotten us out of more than one impossible situation.

Together, we have presented L.O.K.I. to the world. ?Our mask and super-hero, LOKI has allowed us each to be bigger than ourselves.

When we heard Microsoft and AMD were looking to give extraordinary prizes to exceptional people, we knew LOKI could never find a more perfect job. ?This, Odessa said, would be a trick we could never top. ?O, how we wanted this job! ?(And what clever, unfair, underhanded things we did to the other applicants to make sure we got it! ?But that?s another story.) ?And once we got the job, we all agreed that Loki?s greatest triumph would be her last.

We created the Vanishing Point to reward the smartest minds (and communities) on the planet ? and still we underestimated you. ?We used our smarts and our guile, not to mention money and connections and countless hours of time?and still you humbled us. ?We knew the terrain and barely gave you a map?and that didn?t stop you. ?We built puzzles that should have taken you days and you solved them in hours. ?

?Loki? is a genius: ?but you were far more brilliant. ?You were thought made fire. ?You were lightning.

Thank you for your work, your talent, and your dedication. ?It has been a privilege to witness: ?an honor and a delight.

For each of us to live, Loki had to die. ?Thank you, thank you beyond words for taking her to the Vanishing Point.

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

Cool! Without you all here, I could never have completed all the puzzles. Great work everyone, and thank you!!!

malcolmst    0

Lorelei

Odessa

Kara

Ivy

Thanks a lot Loki! and thanks everyone else.:Dhat was a great game, and amazing work everyone! :D I guess we'll find out about the prizes pretty soon, and:p'm thinking a Neowinian will be going into space :p Best of luck everyone and I can't wait to find out how we all do.

diggletd    0
Although I did not contribute much, had a hell of a time keeping up with much of the logic here while trying to solve as many puzzles I could without help. It was fun for me because when I did break down and look for answers posted here I would go back to see if I was even on track. Sometimes yes sometimes woaha what was I thinking.

I do appreciate your allowing me to hang out with you though. I'm going to finally spring for the final Myst game now. My detective juices are on after burn.

There are some really sharp minds in this fourm and I think that is the main reason I stayed around. I like the funny thing many of you said.

Peace and Luv and hope we can still be friends, blah, blah,blah.

Neowin ROCKS!

nuguy-

can u list all the myst games i cant remember which ones i played

confusio    0

Interesting ...

It has been really fun and a challenging excercise, kudos to the winers and good luck everybody on the draw.

Still after all the clues and theories, this final feels like the last episode of a cheap soap opera.

Just my humble opinion

Cheers

PS. Thanks Neowin for letting us use your resources to create this amazing and briliiant group of people, I'll

hang around since your forums are excelent.

El Turko    0

What an awesome game! Thanks to everyone here and at Unfiction for making it such an enjoyable experience. You are all amazing... couldn't have solved half these puzzles without you!

bver100    0

so who do you think was in the challenge and the ignition videos?

PricklyPoo    9
Anyone win?

I possibly won something, got a message from lady at microsoft that called and accidentaly deleted it halfway through listening to it and then I got an email and tried to call the number but nobody answered because it was late at night when I called.

Heh I wonder what I won though...

confusio    0
so who do you think was in the challenge and the ignition videos?

Minae Noji

nuguy    0
can u list all the myst games i cant remember which ones i played

Sure,

Myst

Riven

Myst III Exile

Myst IV Revelation

Myst V End of Ages

boazer    0

Its been fun without these forums and IRC I dont think it could have been possible where one person left off another locked on and in that way everyone joined together with there input to solve all the puzzles including the meta, I just hope whoever wins the meta they give credit to where credits due (UNFICTION & NEOWIN ) because you can guarantee they couldn't have done it without the help of these communities....

I wish everyone the best of luck on the drawings I'm sure we'll be seeing someone we know here on the winner's list !!!

N0L4    0

Okay - I'm confused. Is phoxphyre Loki's Sn on this forum - or was that an email received, a transcript of a video or what? And the comment, "You are not the first to guess our identity," is that to the real phoxphyre or in regards to brilo211's claim?

Interface7    0

SOOOOOOOO............what's the next AWESOME AGR game to play!! ? :):)

TempUserName    0
Okay - I'm confused. Is phoxphyre Loki's Sn on this forum - or was that an email received, a transcript of a video or what? And the comment, "You are not the first to guess our identity," is that to the real phoxphyre or in regards to brilo211's claim?

That's the message that now displays on the lokiv/ page when you enter Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, Ivy as the answer

zzzots    0

I feel lucky in the drawing... Tomorrow I get to clean up the computer of all the vaningpointgame bookmarks, etc...

Ooo, did my children have fun clicking around on the puzzles, inserting the answers that Neowin figured out. Congrats! Everyone is a winner.

confusio    0
SOOOOOOOO............what's the next AWESOME AGR game to play!! ? :):)

I guess the launch of Halo3 perhaps ?

Holy Nuts Batman !!!

Now that the game is over I started to do clean up on my disk and said, hmm I'll save some of this

stuff on a CD... I collected about 12GB of junk with this game.

Cheers

PricklyPoo    9
I guess the launch of Halo3 perhaps ?

Holy Nuts Batman !!!

Now that the game is over I started to do clean up on my disk and said, hmm I'll save some of this

stuff on a CD... I collected about 12GB of junk with this game.

Cheers

What could take up 12 gb that has to do with this game!?

N0L4    0

Strange, when i enter that answer, it says,

To be fair, this contest is over and i've already awarded the prize. But please pay closer attention, try again, and help me reach my own Vanishing Point.

-L.O.K.I.

namesake    0

Hmmm... is this for real?

I can't see the "success" text anywhere on the VP site...

Anyway, if it is, then cool... slightly anti-climactic but cool...

These are the things I was just about to put forward to y'all...

1) Anyone tried putting the text of each puzzle box together like a jigsaw or taking the text with the fat/thin lines only to make a new sentence/question/map overlay/other... I've been trying but I have crap image manip software so its been frustrating...

2) Anyone tried taking one word from each of the loki's in the theme of "what, is, my, name", to construct a new sentence... being the real question that she asks and going from there?

post-200109-1170222403_thumb.jpg