Puzzle Box 4

why would microsoft advertise mystery spot, ca? if they meant a tourist trap

I'm guessing it fits in with the mystery theme of the game. We've verified that it is the correct location though.

Maybe brilo is an inocent victim of a prank by a friend of his?

That is very possible. I think we should not assume it's been solved until we know for sure... but I'm out of ideas for now :p

Hey guys just got back from the F.D. and im reading all the new news....

well I put my answer in a sunday and havent changed it since and although it wasent the one brillo put he may be right too....So since im not going to change my answer anyway I say brillo if you are for real then congrats man for getting it first and good job and if not...well then I fully withdraw my congratulations and wish you serious help :)

either way I had fun...MUCH fun and I think I can speak for alot of others here when I say that, its been a blast with you guys and my biggest regret is its over :( EMale thx for the tunes, Confusio thx for the theories and ideas , that goes for rest of you too, thx for the good times

And the guys a unfiction too, im sure weve all been there back and fourth, And honestly, the thing that gave me goosebumps is in last video, when she says we are like our own 7 brothers.....call me corny....but it felt like she was talking DIRECTLY to us here and at unfiction, after all without our posts, I dont think people would have gotten very far.....SO CONGRATS TO EVERYONE AND GOOD GAME, and as for the pure luck chance drawing well good luck to you all :)

-Crowen

I dont want to believe it, but one thing makes too much sense to deny. Yes, the hardee-hadera-ivy was interesting but I didnt see a connection between Ivy and anything else. But if you think about IV, the roman numeral for 4, it makes sense.

It seems that we were supposed to find out the 4th sisters name due to the fact that #4 on the video wasnt holding anything, and even more important to me is that she is the one who lowered her glasses. Final answer page-holding her glasses. Perhaps we shoulda only listened to the clues from the one who held her glasses as well, with all the other clues being unuseful and from the other 3 sisters.

But then I keep thinking--All this and the word is Ivy? Its so simple and somehow unsatisfying. Kinda like on The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy finally gets to the see the wizard and hes just a short fat guy. But Im not saying it wasnt fun, and thanks to this forum it was awesome to see everyone work together. A prize would also be awesome.

AND NOW, MY $.02 WORTH.

That email is FAKE, end of story. Why? Good God, man, you posted the answer SUNDAY and they make extra changes anyway? What, so more people could come in second? Not on your life.

Are we certain that map picture is of Hardee, Mississippi? I mean, after covering thousands of miles with precision of hundredths of a mile, we're all SURE that this is where it leads to? Is there no other place within error that looks the same? I don't know, maybe that's just frustration talking :angry: ...sorry if it is.

Second, I agree with the others who have posted that the answer MUST be a SINGLE WORD (possibly derived from the four...see my last post on TIME) and not a set of four. Four answers is lame. Plus, those four sister-characters are already alive and don't need our naming them to bring them into the world. LOKI could vanish without their names (or has she vanished already? If so, why are we still trying to find her Vanishing Point?), and I seem to recall something about us HELPING Loki find her VP, so she must be--for game purposes--still 'unvanished' until one of us gets the right answer.

So something about the answer must make her "unravel like a knot on a string"......somehow this answer must penetrate her mystery and show that there is nothing there but these four sisters.... Somehow, that logic could point to four names, but it just doesn't satisfy.... I say we keep looking no matter how :wacko: we get. Anyone else up for indulging their OCDs?...

"with must be completed..." :blink:

I guess that's what happens when you cut and paste it from another fake email. It's pretty easy to spoof an email these days. Anyone else want a "winning email"? Just send me your email address and I'll make sure you get one.

I'm going to feel like a real arse if Brilo's wife is the real winner.

I guess that's what happens when you cut and paste it from another fake email. It's pretty easy to spoof an email these days. Anyone else want a "winning email"? Just send me your email address and I'll make sure you get one.

I'm going to feel like a real arse if Brilo's wife is the real winner.

you and me both!

"Loki vanished in a puff of smoke."

http://www.3waction.com/laurie/punkie.html

"On September 18th 1942 the German auxiliary cruiser Loki vanished. Sightings of it have haunted logbooks around the world ever since, and now a desperate man says he knows where it is. This man has come to you to. You are part of the salvage team that investigates the phenomena and the horror is about to start."

"Loki, the Asgardian god of evil, chose Lorelei to seduce his longtime enemy, his stepbrother Thor, god of thunder. Lorelei, who was strongly physically attracted to Thor, needed no persuasion to agree to Loki's scheme. Lorelei prepared a love potion which, if Thor drank it, would cause him to fall madly in love with the first woman he saw. Loki hoped that Thor's passion for Lorelei would distract him from interfering in Loki's schemes for gaining power. Thor had not seen Lorelei since she was a child, and so would not recognize the adult Lorelei."

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Lorelei_(Asgardian)

Edited by sickboy932

well, on the vanishingpointgame.com site, a new message has appeared...

we have reached the vanishing point, the game is over, and one of you has discovered my identity. I've tried to make it woth your while, spectacular events aroudn the globe with embedded clues needed to solve challenging online puzzles. If you didn't get to play along, click on each of the puzzle boxes below and take a look around.

in just a few days, windows vista and amd will be announcing the winners. keep your eyes and ears open. as for me, i'll see you at the next vanishing point...

-Loki

sorry if this has been posted previously

the site is updated. it confirms that someone solved the meta puzzle as well. She closes with "see you at the next vanishing point..."

where does it say that?

the site is updated. it confirms that someone solved the meta puzzle as well. She closes with "see you at the next vanishing point..."

where does it say that?

Well, I guess that's it. "One of you has discovered my identity." It must really have been four names. Too bad for me--not that I would have been the first to answer anyhow. At least we can all go to bed now, safe with the knowledge that SOMEONE solved the !@#$ thing first. Let's hope it was one of us! Whoever you are, please post some hard evidence so we can all finally put this thing to rest. And if they let you, please put Neowin & Unfiction on the chips, too! By golly, these people have earned it!

oh, well, I'm glad... Time to get my life back... It'll be interesting to see what the members report here about their winnings...What Brilo is going to put on HIS chip...