• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC 2007

SMELTN    142

looks like Leapard is adding 3D flip :cool:

.Neo    1,834
looks like Leapard is adding 3D flip :cool:

Source? :o

osirisX    2

Huh? Why would Apple add Flip3D to Leopard when Expose is superior by a long shot?

NY1    0

The Mac Mini will probably get updated soon. It's the only MAC without C2D CPU.

Edited by Ron21

.Neo    1,834
Huh? Why would Apple add Flip3D to Leopard when Expose is superior by a long shot?

Well with the introduction of Core Animation I can imagine that we might see some beefed up animations throughout the system. I doubt Apple will implement a layout very similar to Flip3D, but they could add some meer depth to the, currently 2D, window thumbnails.

Jordan Green    2

Ye i really hope they dont have a flip 3d kinda thing because in vista i never use that i use an app called expose for vista its so much nicef and works like a charm!

hotdog666al    31

^^ /Agrees

I found the base a bit too large on the iMac G4, but hey, that's just me! ^_^

.Neo    1,834

Flip3D's biggest flaw is that smaller windows almost disappear behind larger ones. Expos? gives a much better overview.

hotdog666al    31
Flip3D's biggest flaw is that smaller windows almost disappear behind larger ones. Expos? gives a much better overview.

Not forgetting that Expos? is point and click, you hit one button and click the window you want.

Flip3D is more of a Alt+Tab replacement, imo.

Vice    1,593

I use Vista on my desktop system and I have to agree with the Flip 3D assessment. It looks cool to do in-front of people but it's next to useless, sometimes I scroll through a couple of times and still don't locate the window I want. The more windows you have the longer it takes to find the one you want. With Expose it's just really fast and easy to locate the window you want as there all in full view instead of just the edge of a window or the tittle bar.

I think Microsoft realised they needed some sort of Windows manager that would 'wow' people but they also knew they couldn't just rip off expose. So Flip3D was born.. a cheap replica

.Neo    1,834
I think Microsoft realised they needed some sort of Windows manager that would 'wow' people but they also knew they couldn't just rip off expose. So Flip3D was born.. a cheap replica

You beat me to it. Flip3D really is just meant to give Windows Vista the 'wow'-factor Microsoft is so desperately after.

It's basically the only concrete thing you see in the Windows Vista advertisement on television here: A geeky looking guy saying 'wow' while bringing up Flip3D. :laugh:

Jordan Green    2
Not forgetting that Expos? is point and click, you hit one button and click the window you want.

Ye its so much morre organised and everything about it nicer!

You beat me to it. Flip3D really is just meant to give Windows Vista the 'wow'-factor Microsoft is so desperately after.

It's basically the only concrete thing you see in the Windows Vista advertisement on television here: A geeky looking guy saying 'wow' while bringing up Flip3D.:laugh::

ye they use on nearly all their posters the Flip 3D and the words WOW becuase they think its the best little effects in vista.

But compared to other effects in other OS's like expose and Beryll its not half as good.

Vice    1,593

That's because they cut the quote short. It's actually 'wow' - I really do prefer expose.

.Neo    1,834

lol

Rudy    457
That's because they cut the quote short. It's actually 'wow' - I really do prefer expose.

i agree, going back to Windows (like on my computer at work) makes me miss expose.....

The.Clinton    2

all looking good... hope its not too long till leopard!

.Neo    1,834
all looking good... hope its not too long till leopard!

Multiple rumours state a March release.

PyX    140

We should count the rumors that were proven false since last year and those that were proven true to see the approximate % of the truth of the rumors out there :p

It's a little too long so I am not going to do it lol

RadishTM    313
Latest rumour is that there will be a bunch of hardware updates in June including a black iMac.

http://www.macscoop.com/articles/2007/02/2...imac-on-the-way

I so want that black iMac.

Oh yeah :drool:

iMac.jpg

Very nice mockup.

Radish?

DrunkenMaster    0
Latest rumour is that there will be a bunch of hardware updates in June including a black iMac.

http://www.macscoop.com/articles/2007/02/2...imac-on-the-way

I so want that black iMac.

Huh?! That looks awfully like my wallpaper and .... my desktop machine! Wait a minute, the son of my uncle's brother works for Microsoft he was over at my house last week. I thought I heard him take a picture. He looked awfully nervous. And my niece's nephew has a daughter who works for Apple... that's how I got the computer (I'm beta testing it).

Note: I'm making fun of how the gossip on Apple products. Too many people are so distant from product development, or now of the product development, that no accurate news ever results. Its only spinning to get ad revenue for websites. The only accurate is the obvious that every one else predicted. Kevin Rose is the only person who has accurately predicted anything. Let's just wait for his WWDC 2007 predictions blog.

osirisX    2

Kevin Rose was mostly wrong about the iPhone.

DrunkenMaster    0
Kevin Rose was mostly wrong about the iPhone.

Perhaps. I wasn't following the iPhone. No interest. But his WWDC posts - which is where all the interesting stuff (to me anyways) always happens, I think he's batting almost 100% 2 years in a row. He has the only good source, imo.

Southern Patriot    937

Flip3D can be used that way as well if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel.

.Neo    1,834

Flip3D can be used by point and click too. It's just not very convient.