WWDC 2007

I have my doubts as well when it comes to a black iMac. Especially with it's current design. I wouldn't mind seeing an aluminum iMac, like the Cinema Displays, Mac mini or Mac Pro. The white is getting a bit boring IMO.

I personally think we won't see new iMacs before WWDC07... because what else can they add right now to the iMac? There's nothing super extra fancy that's out now, either from Intel, nVidia, ATI, etc... all they can do right now is update the design, but it'd be a little boring for an update. Plus, it's been updated 1 month after the Mac Pro. So all I can imagine is Mac Pro updates before iMac's or at the same time.

Now all we want to hear about in the upcoming events is the work that's been done in Leopard and iWork. Apple TV will start to ship real soon and I still maintain the rumour of new Cinema displays very soon (within August at least).

Aluminium would be very nice, maybe even better than black... and it's possible, look at the iPod nanos in the 2nd gen, the original color is Aluminium... it's a mid-range product. iMac is a midrange product also... not a strong point, but we never know.

Aluminium would be very nice, maybe even better than black... and it's possible, look at the iPod nanos in the 2nd gen, the original color is Aluminium... it's a mid-range product. iMac is a midrange product also... not a strong point, but we never know.

The Mac min is aluminium.

Hopefully the iMac and others will be updated with this new baby:

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/02/25/next-g...acking-for-may/

Yup, I am also thinking that since September. I didn't know when Santa Rosa would be out back then and I don't know yet if Apple can use them in May or if they have to wait ore or anything, but I am 100% sure that new iMacs won't be out before this (same goes with MacBook and MacBook pros). Then memory's FSB will be updated to 800Mhz because of the processor. Then the design will change. Then it may include Leopard. When Santa Rosa will be out, Mac Minis will benefit cheap and "old" C2D processors.

If they don't do all of that, it's not worth an update really. Because they'd have to wait another 6 - 10 months to update it while new stuff will be out every day. So they better wait and give us a real nice package. My 2 cents.

What's the current FSB speed?

iMac MacBook Pro MacBook and Mac Mini are all 667FSB (Merom)

The Mac Pro & XServe both have a 1333MHz FSB (Woodcrest)

Desktop Core 2 Duo's come in 2 flavor (Conroe) which is 1066MHz FSB & 4MB L2 Cache and the other Core 2 Duo desktop chips with a 800MHz FSB (Newer Alandales)

Core 2 Quads are 1066MHz FSB, but all Xeons (Woodcrest & Clovertown) are 1333MHz FSB.

Newer 45nm Core 2 chips will be 800MHz (Mobile models) 1066MHz (Desktop Dual Core) and 1333MHz (Desktop Quad Core)

• 3 weeks later...

Once the mini goes to C2D, Apple will be the first major computer maker (AFAIK) to have all of their computers running on 64-bit chips.

Radish, does that new and shiny Mac you own have a spell check? I know my old PowerBook does :whistle: I would ask for the AppleCare replacement if I were you.

Radish, does that new and shiny Mac you own have a spell check? I know my old PowerBook does :whistle: I would ask for the AppleCare replacement if I were you.

My Mac mini is working fine, what are you on about? :huh:

Radish?

Once the mini goes to C2D, Apple will be the first major computer maker (AFAIK) to have all of their computers running on 64-bit chips.

That's a pretty big milestone, especially once 64-bit goes mainstream over the next few years.

Then they will need Leopard and their 64-bit frameworks so that we can use their processors to their full power. I can't wait to see it in action ;)

I know that not many things will run faster, but still.

That's a pretty big milestone, especially once 64-bit goes mainstream over the next few years.

Yeah, and its a milestone (like so many others) that Windows fanboys will either ignore or claim didn't really happen.

On a related note, I just sold the systems in my sig and bought a Mac mini Core Solo (still new in the box) for $475 and should have it early next week. I'll eventually upgrade it to a C2D, larger hard drive, more RAM and a Superdrive, but those will have to wait till I have some more money.

• 1 month later...
Turns out the Keynote will be on a Monday this year and it will be THREE hours. Jobs must have heaps to talk about.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/04/16/wwdc-2...nday-june-11th/

Hopefully at least one of those three hours will be dedicated to Leopard and the unveiling of its so-called "top secret features."

Update: The WWDC pages have been updated and the keynote time has been revised to the typical 10am-11:30am block.

well theres goes that :p

do you think apple will man up or hide behind the iphone excuse?